What Bourbon Are You Enjoying (summer 2018)

Mako254
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

A darn good 86 proofer from the past..... Old Heaven Hill 8yr.

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, Vosgar said:

A darn good 86 proofer from the past..... Old Heaven Hill 8yr.

Whew, I thought you were going to say Coke.

6 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

24D5AA72-32AD-4AF6-B789-5E29D27A7B91.thumb.jpeg.21b8e30b319d892b84d1530ad3f62a69.jpeg

Opened this batch recently, so good, I had to bring it with me on vacation, cheers! 

Will.

Very well done sir.  Cheers to that!

• I like it 1

Just had a BBQ to celebrate Canada day at my brother in laws place. it's always good to see the family especially my nieces and nephews. It tuckered my son out so much that he fell asleep in the car, perfect! :)

Back at home, going to enjoy some good bourbon and maybe watch a movie or two. Happy Canada day to all the Canadians out there! IMG_20180701_201005.jpeg

• I like it 1

On 6/30/2018 at 5:13 AM, Cranecreek said:

So how could you have missed @FacePlant's #630 ?? :D

FML. It’s a good question though. When FP said something about the “taste of a familiar house” I took that to mean that it wasn’t an NDP. Also, his notes were screaming HH to me and this batch of NM tastes pretty clearly to me like young (4-5yo) Willett distilled bourbon mixed with some 8-9yo Beam bourbon. I about kicked myself when #630 turned out to be NM.

• I like it 1

Just had a BBQ to celebrate Canada day at my brother in laws place. it's always good to see the family especially my nieces and nephews. It tuckered my son out so much that he fell asleep in the car, perfect! default_smile.png

Back at home, going to enjoy some good bourbon and maybe watch a movie or two. Happy Canada day to all the Canadians out there! IMG_20180701_201005.thumb.jpeg.16f768143b8f7fbce7267f9c7788132b.jpeg

En petite lots, love it, you Canucks.

Need to get me some of your cask strength 12 year Lot 40.

• I like it 1

En petite lots, love it, you Canucks.

Need to get me some of your cask strength 12 year Lot 40.
I've already run out of my own bottle, otherwise I would send you some. We'll see what the fall brings for the next release :) how are you going to celebrate the 4th?

After some KC and WTRB, I'm having some Stagg Jr that was in the fridge. It's hitting the spot! IMG_20180701_221756.jpeg

4 hours ago, Kepler said:

Very well done sir.  Cheers to that!

Thx man. Liquor Hound was right, this batch is pretty amazing. Glad I scored two of them. Cheers to you! 

Will. 

Willett PSR. I’ve been clearing the cabinet space and was surprised to find a few bottles hidden in the back I seriously haven’t touched in years. That’s the first sign of buying too much but any way this bottle was purchased in February 2014 and opened the same day. I know many have issue with this bottle and for me it’s the amount of space it takes up, but this is mighty fine drinking tonight. Maybe it sitting around and getting some air helped it quite a bit but I do not remember this bottle being so good, ever. I very likely will not buy another bottle of it but it’s going out on a definite high note.

• I like it 1

I closed a pretty big loan tpday For a client that I’ve been calling on for a couple of years, so I’m celebrating with OWA

5FC72C3F-87FB-42AB-BBB7-5F970AD590FF.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Statesboro Blues said:

I closed a pretty big loan tpday For a client that I’ve been calling on for a couple of years, so I’m celebrating with OWA

5FC72C3F-87FB-42AB-BBB7-5F970AD590FF.jpeg

Congrats to you.  It’s nice when they finally hit for ya after all the time and effort.  Cheers!  

This client’s name was mentioned in the very first prospect meeting that I sat in when I began working for this bank two year ago. The best part of the deal is I didn’t have to beat the rate offered by his bank, only stay competitive. They said that they wanted to start doing their business with me locally instead of dealing with the big banks, so this one feels better than most. 

JB Distiller's Cut as a small second pour after VBT #632. Straight up peanut brittle and spice tonight. Let's go Braves! 

Was not planning on finishing this tonight...but I have something that I've had sitting for a few years, only 1 bottle I bought back in UT, that is up next. Have not seen it posted lately. Hoping it's still as good as the one it replaced, pretty sure....Probably tomorrow night.

xDHJJPv.jpg

• I like it 2

Still on my "17" kick, but this one's not doing the trick today… I blinked and missed the finish.

IMG_9845.thumb.jpg.c71762339ab3dc2d8be3e43793da2313.jpg

• I like it 2

It gets slightly warm in South Georgia during the summer, so I typically stick to lower proofs. Tonight however, I’m going with batch #9 and it is phenomenal. 

1D17568C-00D6-4345-872E-1D03249C1121.jpeg

• I like it 2

Shut the shop down early and stopped at a few LS haunts on my way home. It was one of those "check this out" days:

PS options for Elijah Craig 94

PS options for Blanton's (far more complex than typical)

• "California Gold" Blend

PS options for a Don Q blended rum

• Kininvie 23 (OB)-- my first Kininvie

• Wrapped things up with a Kweichow Moutai Baijiu, which is undoubtedly the craziest thing I've had recently-- with a delivery of balsamic squid followed by an olivesque chocolate finish. They all warned me off, but I thought it was great fun. Apparently I was the only one who failed to spit it out.

IMG_9846.thumb.jpg.3bf9b7759099f0ad14d9682d3bfedcd1.jpg

• I like it 2

Having. Nice pour of Wt Decades. I like this much better than the Revival I had last week. I've seen others find this on sale for less than $100. If I see it for that I'll definitely grab a bottle. 

20180703_185824.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.