What Bourbon Are You Enjoying (summer 2018)

Mako254
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

It has been a night of all barrel proof. Well sort of. Started the evening off with a nice pour of Stagg Jr. I decided to follow that up with a store pick RRSB which was fantastic. After those two, I couldn't go lower in proof, so I opened a bottle of ECBP A118. Needless to say, I am feeling good right now and getting set to call it a night. I have a long day of yard work ahead of me tomorrow. Cheers everyone!

1 hour ago, reeko said:
On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 9:14 PM, kevinbrink said:
OK, not bourbon but bourbon adjacent, Blender's Mash for any who are not aware was the rename of the Crown Royal Bourbon Mash, this years noble collection is a 13 year old 90 proof version of that. A fool and their money... however in this case I'm happily surprised, for a sub $50 whiskey this is quite nice, a bit drier and substantially less sweet than I expected out of Crown Royal, it is so dark I have to imagine there is coloring in here, but aside from that this is up there with the Coffey Rye "Hand Selected" Barrels as my favorite Crown Expression to date. Sorry for the diversion from our regularly scheduled programming but I thought it might be of interest to some others here. 
y4mnjf6DAP7aYpCLttscWJ4dRCvSPRE9IM6jeunJv4jB9r2MFk3A_SUOQpCZX3Gkdj_u0UG73Yhrvw4sXxCyW26egUcJ0a_WrGqVUxfZ0zjaxL-T6fQhozSN301Maqk22hPzGgQF4HQyXfNwzWAzLrLCexfZZxo8NYiyvfDQuqgsLp01bacPoXbIGFIMiUnj3nNwNcnFwIBJCoEjgm--6Hsnw?width=1024&height=768&cropmode=none

I'm jealous! I've heard of a really good barrel proof iteration of crown royal, but it's only sold in the states... why?!!

Yeah that is the Hand Selected Barrel it is in fact quite enjoyable, this new Noble Collection release is no slouch though. 

I bought a case of Tim Hortons kcups from Amazon last week (yummy) and I'm enjoying a nice hot cup of coffee with some Ezra Brooks bourbon cream in it.

Last night I poured a TW store pick  EC. It’s a good bourbon. It’s has a nice fruity mid-palate, raisin/apricot, but watery. I guess I was in the mood for more spice so I made it a double by pouring OGD114 over it. I let it sit for about 15 minutes and it was perfect. I’ll be vatting those 2 now. 

On 6/30/2018 at 5:18 PM, HoustonNit said:

Grilling some whole red snapper and lobster tail with my father-in-law and enjoying a couple of sticks and some OGD BIB orange cap pored into a Harper 15 yr decanter and stored in the fridge.

IMG_4815.JPG

Undercrown Sun Grown. Nice!  One of my favorites

Edited by Curtis Reed
  • I like it 1

Undercrown Sun Grown. Nice!  One of my favorites

Yeah just getting into cigars but this has probably been my favorite so far.

On 7/6/2018 at 9:35 AM, kcgumbohead said:

A freshly opened 4RPS OBSF HW 11yr/2mo 115.8p. WOW!! this is everything I love in the OBSF recipe. I have yet to have one I don't like, most I love and this one is right there with the very best I've had. To my taste OBSF reminds me of the Heath bar candy bars, buttery toffee, chocolate... this one is sensational, I tend to only pick up the mint notes in the OESF version and this one is no exception. I got it  with no side label a year or 2 back and emailed 4R for the details which they kindly provided. I rolled the dice on it in a store that doesn't typically have PS bottles and of course there was no tasting but it had the foil paper necktag so I knew it was  a JR era selection. I will enjoy every pour of this one, just what one looks for in a single barrel.

The cult approves of this message.

• I like it 1

A lazy Ohio evening, relaxing on the patio, enjoying a freshly opened bottle of MM 46 CS. This butterscotch bomb is hitting all the right notes.

• I like it 1

9 hours ago, MTNBourbon said:

How long has the 116 been around?

Last summer/ early fall maybe?

Thanks. Last bottle I bought and considered to buy again was the 112. For the longest time one shop around here did not have any WTRB for months.

Yeah that is the Hand Selected Barrel it is in fact quite enjoyable, this new Noble Collection release is no slouch though. 
I'll see if I can pick some up when I'm in the states again. Too many bourbons to pick up!

Today we had a fun time at the zoo. My son absolutely loved it! He especially got a kick out of the penguins. I may need to buy a membership, I can see us going more often.

I'm not really a do it yourself guy when it comes to our cars. I don't change the oil or anything, but this time I attempted to change a faulty brake light. I did it and it worked!

So after a fun day and discovering a new set of skills, I decided to enjoy some wt101, and now some Stagg Jr. It tastes great when it's cold. :)IMG_20180707_190534.jpeg

4 hours ago, Phil T said:

A lazy Ohio evening, relaxing on the patio, enjoying a freshly opened bottle of MM 46 CS. This butterscotch bomb is hitting all the right notes.

I can picture it! Maybe even some fireflies in my mind's eye. (We don't get them here and I miss that). Hope you are well friend.

I'm currently drinking cocktails with the in-laws but will switch to WTRB or something later on. (Whenever I drink something with Campari in it, I feel like I need to follow with a Turkey product.)

Enjoying this one tonight and this is probably an unpopular opinion, but it isn’t in my top 4 for Buffalo Trace Mashbill #2. I still like Blanton’s, Blanton’s Gold, Blanton’s SFTB, and ETL better.

IMG_8536.JPG

• I like it 1

Wish I had more bottles of this. Do have 2 bottles of with the AS, probably the same stuff, but cooler with the 12 on the front.????

MaXfEnt.jpg

Edited by MTNBourbon
  • I like it 1

2 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

@Kepler I just bought one of these today.

Good call, enjoy.  Hope you like it, I know I do.

1 minute ago, Wedelstaedt said:

Fly High Kepler!

Cheers!

IMG_2649.JPG

NICE!!!

22 minutes ago, flahute said:

NICE!!!

Special Occasion, don't Ya know

Cheers

Edited by Wedelstaedt
Emoji issues
  • I like it 1

6 hours ago, flahute said:

I can picture it! Maybe even some fireflies in my mind's eye. (We don't get them here and I miss that). Hope you are well friend.

Funny that you mentioned fireflies, Steve. One of them landed on my hand while lifting my glass. Definitely the friendliest of insects. 

I am very well, thank you. It has been an amazing summer. Hope you are the same.

Edited by Phil T
  • I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.