What Bourbon Did You Pass On Today (Fall 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

16 hours ago, BottledInBond said:

I somehow managed to pass on the Kentucky Owl Dry State stuff as well. Is anyone going to buy this stuff? Seems insane to me. The last batch (9?) of KO bourbon still is a shelf turf around here, as well as KO rye batches 2/3. 

Yes, but NOT me!  I told him not to buy it - "Not worth the $$$ IMHO".   Did he listen?  No and heck no.  Then I asked him if he would adopt me.   ?

Edited by GeeTen

On 10/22/2020 at 7:26 PM, Clueby said:

That is unfortunately pretty much +/- $5 of retail on the OWA anymore. Maybe slightly higher for the CEHT.

OWA is now $99-$100 in nashville and surrounding areas for me. Passed multiple times this year

3 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

OWA is now $99-$100 in nashville and surrounding areas for me. Passed multiple times this year

$49.99 OTD here in Beantown for WA107.  Monthly deliveries of WSR, WA107, Blanton's, BT, ER10.  Sometimes, W12 and ETL show up, too.  Ahhh, life is good.   ?

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, GeeTen said:

$49.99 OTD here in Beantown for WA107.  Monthly deliveries of WSR, WA107, Blanton's, BT, ER10.  Sometimes, W12 and ETL show up, too.  Ahhh, life is good.   ?

Ya’ have a spare room pal?  ?

2 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Ya’ have a spare room pal?  ?

Sure do, buddy.  And if you come to Beantown, you'll be right next to the bunker (no lock)..   ?

• I like it 2

4 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Sure do, buddy.  And if you come to Beantown, you'll be right next to the bunker (no lock)..   ?

Inaugural BBF! Boston Bourbon Fest!!

Saw this today for $40 (they also had a bunch of the Ezra Brooks Disteller's Collection for $35). Thought for a sec about giving it a try, but decided to pass because the little bit that I have read/heard about these releases hasn't been particularly favorable.
rebel_lrpi-scaled.thumb.jpg.95ee834649343fcb9d53f5d653fa3aec.jpg
** This one is not my photo, and the bottle wasn't one from Lincoln Road, but rather NC ABC. **

Edited by k-train

Passed on Little Book Chapter 4 for $125 and MM101 for $40.99 at one store and THH for $499.99 at another store.  I ended up buying two OF100 for $18.69 each.

• I like it 3

7 hours ago, MM818 said:

Fool me once...

A28C1265-027E-44FF-B763-9C27608010B9.jpeg

isn't that the truth - for me this has gotten worse every year.

• I like it 1

Nowadays, I see HW products stocked wide and deep everywhere.  I don't see the one above, but maybe three or four of their other brands.  It's like there is a practically unlimited supply, or no one is buying.  I can't say I'm too interested in purchasing.

2 hours ago, PaulO said:

Nowadays, I see HW products stocked wide and deep everywhere.  I don't see the one above, but maybe three or four of their other brands.  It's like there is a practically unlimited supply, or no one is buying.  I can't say I'm too interested in purchasing.

A few years ago I splurged on a bottle of Rendezvous Rye and it was one of the biggest disappointments I've had.  I have no desire to buy any of their products ever again. 

• I like it 1

11 minutes ago, markandrex said:

THH at one place for $699.99.  Two stops later $189.99, ok that’s yes. 

Definitely not egregious at $190, but not worth it to me, IMO.

Thanks,

13 minutes ago, PhantomLamb said:

Definitely not egregious at $190, but not worth it to me, IMO.

Thanks,

My boys are both rye fans so I thought it would be a good Thanksgiving bottle.

• I like it 3

On 10/21/2020 at 7:30 PM, Not_That_Fancy said:

At least I got to see it in person this year. The ER17 is my dream bottle of BTAC 

1755EB76-E163-4930-B3B4-9C190AE0E92A.jpeg

499.99/599.99 perfectly sane and reasonable but they get crazy and mark that shit up to 500.00/600.00?  Then I am OUT!!! NO F'n WAY!!!

19 hours ago, MM818 said:

Fool me once...

A28C1265-027E-44FF-B763-9C27608010B9.jpeg

i like it & think its a great bottle for the holidaze, but passed on this years for 90 as well as 99. its just too much for this, & i already have a few bunkered.

On 10/28/2020 at 4:48 PM, k-train said:

Saw this today for $40 (they also had a bunch of the Ezra Brooks Disteller's Collection for $35). Thought for a sec about giving it a try, but decided to pass because the little bit that I have read/heard about these releases hasn't been particularly favorable.
rebel_lrpi-scaled.thumb.jpg.95ee834649343fcb9d53f5d653fa3aec.jpg
** This one is not my photo, and the bottle wasn't one from Lincoln Road, but rather NC ABC. **

Had one of these picks recently from binnys. it was not very good at all. Had a couple different EB picks, tho, & think they are very good.

4 hours ago, markandrex said:

THH at one place for $699.99.  Two stops later $189.99, ok that’s yes. 

Even though I get weak kneed at a price like that, I would not have hesitated one second, even at $190.  My Gold Standard rye.  

• I like it 1

Saw a CEHT BP in the wild today for the first time in awhile.  The $319.99 price tag was an easy pass.

3 minutes ago, parksmart said:

Saw a CEHT BP in the wild today for the first time in awhile.  The $319.99 price tag was an easy pass.

uh...

41 minutes ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

Had one of these picks recently from binnys. it was not very good at all. Had a couple different EB picks, tho, & think they are very good.

might take revisits?  I recently picked up an EWSB that was bland and disappointing.  But after lots premium WT I liked it.  And today really enjoying it.  I've had stuff hated then tried it again a year later a liked it.  Never know.

35 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

Even though I get weak kneed at a price like that, I would not have hesitated one second, even at $190.  My Gold Standard rye.  

??‍♂️ guilty here too.

I love that stuff so much.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.