What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Winter 2020-2021)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Spent some money on whiskey this week!!  

Two handles of WT101 LL/I.  Still looking for the new new embossed packaging.  

A sweet and savory KCSiB pick and a special RRSiB from CNA.  Sold out instantly.  I'm grateful that the owners saved me one bottle.    

Finally, went in on some New Riff.  Heard great things so took my shot to get the BIB Bourbon and Rye as well as a PS Barrel Proof version of each as well.  

I have literally run out of room for whiskey.  Now, the only bottles I can buy would be to replace bottles on the bar.  Clearly, the correct solution is a storage locker!  

24 minutes ago, Clueby said:

I broke the 2021 buying drought over the course of the last week or so.

20210212_163711.jpg

After that's gone, what are you going to do for the last 9 months of 2021?

• I like it 1

2 minutes ago, Bret Bret said:

After that's gone, what are you going to do for the last 9 months of 2021?

Didn't say I was DONE buying for the year! 😜  There's still a bunker to dive into as well.

• I like it 1

Stopped by Woodman's today and saw they had ET BiB, so i picked one up to try. As I walked down the whiskey aisle something caught my eye; a store pick Larceny, which I immediately grabbed. It will be interesting to compare it to the Binny's picks I have in the cabinet.

• I like it 1

On 2/11/2021 at 10:18 AM, JakeySnakes said:

Picked up an EC 9yr SB from a local LS. Will open and sample tonight to see if it's worth going back for more.

IMG_1209.jpg

Nice EC.  But that book in the background... Handy Man's Book.  Nice to see a fellow fan of THH on here. 😁

• I like it 5

I impulse purchased a bottle of Yellowstone select cause I was bored. It works fine in old fashioneds but too young on the palate when drinking straight.

My wonderful wife gave me a bottle of Uncle Nearest. Should be fun to open.

Edited by mal00768

On 2/12/2021 at 6:21 PM, lemonman said:

Stopped by Woodman's today and saw they had ET BiB, so i picked one up to try. As I walked down the whiskey aisle something caught my eye; a store pick Larceny, which I immediately grabbed. It will be interesting to compare it to the Binny's picks I have in the cabinet.

i got 1 of those larceny picks this week as well; a buddy grabbed it for me; now i gotta make the trek up there to get some ET BIB!

Also got a A121 this week.

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, Clueby said:

Got some bourbon for vday today. It's got that "soapy" note that some of you talk about.

20210214_131927.jpg

I think you've been reading the IPA beer forum again.

• I like it 1

With pitchers and catchers scheduled to report this coming week, I couldn’t pass on this bottle.  😁. I hope a full season happens this year, and that fans (me) 😉 will be able to attend.  If I can’t get to the park for some live games I’m afraid I’ll go completely mad!  🤪

C8A475FD-CECD-4361-8FC2-AAF8CB5D8F6C.jpeg

• I like it 4

My beautiful wife surprised me with a really nice Fine Wine & Good Spirts gift card for Valentine’s Day. Which immediately burned a hole in my pocket. 

Drove “dahntahn” around high noon and picked myself up a bottle of EC 18.

98B018CA-A6F8-4F12-B92E-71FF44971ED4.jpeg

Edited by Rhettro
Grammar
  • I like it 7

13 hours ago, Rhettro said:

My beautiful wife surprised me with a really nice Fine Wine & Good Spirts gift card for Valentine’s Day. Which immediately burned a hole in my pocket. 

Drove “dahntahn” around high noon and picked myself up a bottle of EC 18.

98B018CA-A6F8-4F12-B92E-71FF44971ED4.jpeg

great grab for you in Pa!   not even on the website - not sure how you managed that but awesome juice!

• I like it 2

9 hours ago, geclbxf said:

great grab for you in Pa!   not even on the website - not sure how you managed that but awesome juice!

There’s actually an entirely separate PLCB website that lists more inventory. Including the EC 18. You know if you want the link, send me a PM and I’ll happily pass it along. 

• I like it 1

I was running errands, so I stopped and picked up more ET BiB. The liquor store I went to had four cases of it; I wonder if that means more distribution in our area? It's been vaporware here until the last couple weeks.

• I like it 1

22 minutes ago, lemonman said:

I was running errands, so I stopped and picked up more ET BiB. The liquor store I went to had four cases of it; I wonder if that means more distribution in our area? It's been vaporware here until the last couple weeks.

FYI  Kevin, you can’t use  “I was running errands”  as an excuse.  I’ve already trademarked that one.  ;)

And  just so no one makes the same mistake as you, I also have “ it was shopping day today”  pending. :lol:

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

12 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

FYI  Kevin, you can’t use  “I was running errands”  as an excuse.  I’ve already trademarked that one.  ;)

And  just so no one makes the same mistake as you, I also have “ it was shopping day today”  pending. :lol:

Biba! Joe

I'd have thought by now shopping for bourbon would be an errand for you, Joe? 

15 minutes ago, beasled said:

I'd have thought by now shopping for bourbon would be an errand for you, Joe? 

Shhhh. 🤫

Biba! Joe

42 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Biba! Joe

Can I be forgiven if the errand I needed to run was to get more Irish whiskey for my friends who prefer it to bourbon? Do I get bonus points if the store where I got Tullamore Dew didn't have any more ET, so I went fifteen miles out of my way to one I knew had it?👀

You can't get away with anything around you guys! 😆

• I like it 1

44 minutes ago, lemonman said:

Can I be forgiven if the errand I needed to run was to get more Irish whiskey for my friends who prefer it to bourbon? Do I get bonus points if the store where I got Tullamore Dew didn't have any more ET, so I went fifteen miles out of my way to one I knew had it?👀

You can't get away with anything around you guys! 😆

Okay my bourbon brother, you are forgiven. Please try not to let it happen again though. 🙃

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.