What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Winter 2020-2021)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I found one of new batch of 1792 Aged 12 Years. I’m really enjoying it. Barton has been putting out some nice things.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, SouthATL said:

The ECBP are continuing to show up and reappear.. snagged a B519 and left one on the shelf. 

That was a good one.  Both finding a B519 which is solid and leaving one for a fellow bourbon enthusiast.

On 2/9/2021 at 7:30 PM, ijb said:

Today's lunch break grab - Blanton's SP, Weller SR, 2x ER SP, 2x cheap wiper blades (it snowed here).

photo_2021-02-09_19-30-11.thumb.jpg.30da1aa4d198260420bf9b00c0f2ff91.jpg

But, wait, I see 4 bottles.  Did you hide the WSR under your coat?

On 2/9/2021 at 5:03 PM, PaulO said:

The last time I saw one of those, it was several years ago and at a Liquor Barn store in KY.

I will say, when mash bill #2 is good, it's very nice.

I believe the last one I saw was at LB on Hurstbourne in Louisville.  That was probably 2014.

3 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

image.thumb.jpeg.87cf41e85f78f8b06021be30bfb9bd09.jpeg
Thought it was a cool bottle.. heard this ones better left unopened

Yeah.... leave it sealed.

Some of the worst stuff I've ever tasted.

Funny you posted this. Did you get it from a store?

Reason I ask is that one popped up here last week locally at a restaurant and they are claiming "they got it from their liquor distributor with their product delivery"

As they are selling bottles currently to "help pay their employees during covid", I am highly suspicious...

Edited by 0895

I fell to temptation and bought the Calumet Farms 14yr single rack. Haven’t tasted it yet, so no real insight or justification for the purchase to offer, other than being enticed by a 14 yr age stated product just sitting on the shelf and (albeit expensive) not exorbitantly priced. 

Edited by BigSkyDrams

2 minutes ago, BigSkyDrams said:

I fell to temptation and bought the Calumet Farms 14yr single rack. Haven’t tasted it yet, so no real insight or justification for the purchase to offer, other than being enticed by a 14 yr age stated product just sitting on the shelf and (albeit expensive) not exorbitantly priced. 

I keep hearing it's good, but I can't pull the trigger without trying first.

• I like it 1

Just now, 0895 said:

I keep hearing it's good, but I can't pull the trigger without trying first.

Well the bottle and label also sure look nice, not that that really means anything, but I can’t say it hurts either, lol.

• I like it 1

On 2/4/2021 at 5:35 PM, parksmart said:

One of my local Costcos had a 1 bottle limit on Eagle Rare, and no limit on the KC 9 y/o handles.  Gotta go back and buy more of the handles for several buddies who replied late to my text. 

323676EC-DEA7-445E-8DD1-0EF2DD3F7A15.jpeg

19ED0F3B-B556-43CE-8B75-8C8310B1B88E.jpeg

Not knowing if I’ll ever see pricing this low again on the KC9, I decided to stock up.  Yes, that is two full cases comprising a total of 12 handles.  A few are going to buddies who requested some, but I’ll still have over a full case in the bunker.  

2BD9A83C-6F33-41A6-87E5-0DE0A5D366F8.jpeg

• I like it 6

32 minutes ago, parksmart said:

Not knowing if I’ll ever see pricing this low again on the KC9, I decided to stock up.  Yes, that is two full cases comprising a total of 12 handles.  A few are going to buddies who requested some, but I’ll still have over a full case in the bunker.  

Id be ok if that was all there was.. kc9

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, 0895 said:

Yeah.... leave it sealed.

Some of the worst stuff I've ever tasted.

Funny you posted this. Did you get it from a store?

Reason I ask is that one popped up here last week locally at a restaurant and they are claiming "they got it from their liquor distributor with their product delivery"

As they are selling bottles currently to "help pay their employees during covid", I am highly suspicious...

Slow day ... It was sittin on the counter next to the register. I made a cash offer somewhat lower than aski ng and he accepted. I have a willett crazy buddy that mayget it eventually.such a shame it didnt have something legendary under the cork because it really is cool lookin

i passed on one about 2-3 yrs ago in a store in the same area.. may have been the same bottle in the same store today...caught me in a weak moment with extra cash on hand

1 hour ago, mbroo5880i said:

But, wait, I see 4 bottles.  Did you hide the WSR under your coat?

Haha I'm too old to be slick.  I got that up the road for 25.  I went to a third store that had the same bottle in the case for 100$.  What the actual f.  Seems the smaller the store the more likely to gouge around here.  I did get a 4 pack of porter there though.

• I like it 2

55 minutes ago, parksmart said:

If I saw it for that price I'd probably go crazy and buy all of it, I can get 1.75s for 46.99 here and consider it a deal at that price; definitely on a very short list of favorites. As FasterHorses said above, I'd be perfectly happy if KC9 was all I could get.

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, parksmart said:

Fixed the double post and......very smart man!

• I like it 1

11 hours ago, parksmart said:

Good move.  That comes to $15.86/750ml.  As General Ripper said in the film, Doctor Strangelove, "Total commitment". 

• I like it 3

Picked up an EC 9yr SB from a local LS. Will open and sample tonight to see if it's worth going back for more.

IMG_1209.jpg

• I like it 1

I heard it may snow.  Crammed in a routine doc's appointment before picking up 4 750s of OGD BIB.  I heard it may be a BIG snow and go on for several days.

• I like it 4

14 hours ago, lemonman said:

If I saw it for that price I'd probably go crazy and buy all of it, I can get 1.75s for 46.99 here and consider it a deal at that price; definitely on a very short list of favorites. As FasterHorses said above, I'd be perfectly happy if KC9 was all I could get.

There were at least 10 cases left after I snagged my 2.  That’d be at least a multi year commitment on a solo basis, unless you’re trying to replicate the movie “Leaving Las Vegas”.... 😬

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, parksmart said:

There were at least 10 cases left after I snagged my 2.  That’d be at least a multi year commitment on a solo basis, unless you’re trying to replicate the movie “Leaving Las Vegas”.... 😬

Or retiring soon.  🤫

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, Mano said:

Found a place that would ship to me, and they had this at a reasonable price (~$60/bottle shipped ) so I stocked up.

FourRosesSBS.thumb.jpg.bb55b50c1baeca2dcc3e07d7251c136b.jpg

Stimulus!

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.