What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Winter 2020-2021)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

2 hours ago, jnewberg said:

This morning wasn’t bad either... 299 state min made it better 

1D4C4899-2AA5-45CA-88BE-05659FD769FE.png

Congratulations!  I know we don't have lotteries here, so I'm sure there's a good story.

Was it Meijer?  :P

5 minutes ago, shawnt said:

Congratulations!  I know we don't have lotteries here, so I'm sure there's a good story.

Mega Bev randomly puts allocated bottles out during the month of January... This was waiting in their glass case a little after 8 this morning 

• I like it 5

Wow, finding Pappy 23 at state minimum.  I thought I was lucky to find a OWA and a WSR on the self tonight.  

13 hours ago, Clueby said:

I have still not purchased any bourbon in 2021 yet, but I did "acquire" these.

20210126_191938.jpg

You're a good acquirer 

• I like it 6

Just found out this morning that I won (the right to purchase) a bottle of Old Carter bourbon batch 6 in K&L's lottery.  They've already charged my credit card so, as soon as it's ready to ship, I'll have it, and my other bottles waiting in will call, delivered.  I've heard a lot of good things about this one so I'm excited to try it. 

I was hoping to get BTAC or PVW but those were gone by the time my number came up so this was my third tier choice.  I'm just glad that I didn't wind up with Larceny BP, ECBP or WSR; yes, those are now lottery items here... 😞

• I like it 8

1 hour ago, fosmith said:

I'm just glad that I didn't wind up with Larceny BP, ECBP or WSR; yes, those are now lottery items here... 😞

Welcome to the club.

3 hours ago, fosmith said:

I'm just glad that I didn't wind up with Larceny BP, ECBP or WSR; yes, those are now lottery items here... 😞

Yuck!

The BT fairy visited northeastern IL today, so I grabbed one before it's all gone.

6 hours ago, fosmith said:

Whoa, whoa, whoa, there ain’t a thing wrong with Weller SR now. 😁

Biba!  Joe

• I like it 1

I passed McKenna 10 BIB for $70/ea today. I’ve never had it but it seemed steep from what I see.

Walked away with Booker’s 2020-02 and Smoke Wagon Uncut both priced right from what I’ve seen.

6 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Whoa, whoa, whoa, there ain’t a thing wrong with Weller SR now. 😁

Biba!  Joe

Ain't nothing wrong with WSR.  It's a favorite pour of mine.  But a lottery item?  What's the world coming to? 

3 minutes ago, fosmith said:

Ain't nothing wrong with WSR.  It's a favorite pour of mine.  But a lottery item?  What's the world coming to? 

All those mentioned above (WSR, ECBP, etc.) have been lottery items or secondary pricing here for several years. You can add HMcK10, ER10, SJR,  Blanton's,  etc. etc. to that list. You just aren't gonna find them locally on a shelf unless they are well above retail.

Picked up the first 750ml SFTB I’ve seen today, $140. Of course I had to crack it as soon as I got home. I usually have a “warm up” pour before full proofread but dove right in. Really hot initially, but whoa you can tell how great this is going to be once it opens up a little. 

34EFAEC6-C5D5-4D71-A0E1-BE1C371D9D41.jpeg

• I like it 6

Nice to see these SFTBs showing up domestically - this was a domestic purchase, yes????  🥳

12 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

Nice to see these SFTBs showing up domestically - this was a domestic purchase, yes????  🥳

Yes, California 

• I like it 1

22 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

9 minutes ago, webfoots said:

Yes, California 

probably floated over from Japan... 🙂

• I like it 3

On 1/26/2021 at 4:39 PM, shawnt said:

Now, that's funny!  🤣

20 hours ago, fosmith said:

Yep, just seems a little over done.  But, hey, nothing is surprising in the bourbon world these days.

• I like it 2

On 1/27/2021 at 10:04 AM, Galvin0791 said:

You're a good acquirer 

Yeah, I would love to acquire those bottles without "purchasing" them.  It's almost like magic.

• I like it 2

Just now, mbroo5880i said:

Yeah, I would love to acquire those bottles without "purchasing" them.  It's almost like magic.

“POOF!”😲

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, mbroo5880i said:

One bottle was part of a drawing in a local group for a free bottle. The others were "acquired" by "de-acquiring" another bottle.

• I like it 1

Picked these four up from a friend today.  Never had a Warehouse S RR before. This one is very unique and  off profile. More savory vs sweet. The Bulliet is a 12 yr OESV and was a nice pour, but I think I’d just rather pony up the extra $20 and get the PS at BP.

Looking forward to diving into the ryes this weekend. 

70562439-FB50-4EB5-B439-88AFE0417ED3.jpeg

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, 0895 said:

probably floated over from Japan... 🙂

Almost aged at sea...

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.