What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Winter 2020-2021)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

"I was out running errands today" and came across the newly-updated WT101 bottling.  While I certainly miss the old Austin Nichols labels of 20 years ago (and their cyprus-wood fermenter-funky contents!); I rather like the 21st-century look of the new bottle and label.  The "wax drip" glass embossed turkey is artsy.

Noticed a few old-label handles toward the back of the shelf with LL/II laser code.  

The new-label handles had laser code LL/IK.  Yes, I bought one of each.  Actually stashed away six of the old-label handles from LL/G-LL/I when I heard of the new label; just because I can never have too much turkey!     

Handles of WT101 have become my "scratch the itch" bottle when I find myself looking to buy some more whiskey I don't need.  At $40/handle, WT101 is easily the best value for money in my whiskey stash!!  

Keep Calm and Gobble On.  

IMG_0438.thumb.jpg.f5b7219768f6c625c794af724de28aed.jpg

• I like it 9

16 minutes ago, Guss West said:

"I was out running errands today....

Not you too Guss? :huh:

Just remember y’all, “Hell hath no fury like a moderator scorned.” <_<

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3

I wanted to save the wear & tear of my Honey's eyeballs, so I waited until she was in bed before retrieving from the car.

She wouldn't have said a word. but those eyes would have been rolling... 🙄

Just missed a B520, so I settled a bit...

20210216_194504.jpg.261bd60c3ed7a73c81c780df4e574db4.jpg

• I like it 8

So I was just given a second bottle of Uncle Nearest Premium. Those of you with more experienced palettes do you have any idea where it is sourced from? I like it so no complaints on the backup bottle.

Edited by mal00768

1154226633_ElijahCraigBarrelProofA121-2b.thumb.jpg.e3df5fa704d4d9a3226cb82b8288fc41.jpg
The A121 has been dropping here in NC for the past few weeks. I kept missing out but was finally able to grab the last one at the ABC store in my neighborhood.

• I like it 4

4 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Not you too Guss? :huh:

Just remember y’all, “Hell hath no fury like a moderator scorned.” <_<

Biba! Joe

LOL!

I never run errands. I just head straight out for the bourbon!

• I like it 1

9 hours ago, bayouredd said:

I wanted to save the wear & tear of my Honey's eyeballs, so I waited until she was in bed before retrieving from the car.

The go to bed, grab the bourbon out of the car move is one of my all time go to moves.   Somehow she pays attention to the bunker and the bar, because she often throws the BS flag at a later date - LOL.

• I like it 1

13 hours ago, bayouredd said:

She wouldn't have said a word. but those eyes would have been rolling... 

This should have been posted in the Pro Tips thread.  😉  Anyway, if she only knew the sacrifices you make for her...  😄

• I like it 3

13 hours ago, bayouredd said:

I bet you've been happily married a long time.

I say, the best way to win an argument is not to have it. 👍

P.S.  I don't ask my wife why we need to have lady's shoes stacked up like firewood. 

16 hours ago, k-train said:

1154226633_ElijahCraigBarrelProofA121-2b.thumb.jpg.e3df5fa704d4d9a3226cb82b8288fc41.jpg
The A121 has been dropping here in NC for the past few weeks. I kept missing out but was finally able to grab the last one at the ABC store in my neighborhood.

I had to come to Georgia to find one at the DeKalb Bottle House!  😉

• I like it 2

1 minute ago, GeeTen said:

I had to come to Georgia to find one at the DeKalb Bottle House!  😉

Geez, Gee... that's a hike! Do you all not get it in Mass?

2 minutes ago, k-train said:

Geez, Gee... that's a hike! Do you all not get it in Mass?

Hasn't showed up much in Mass or NH.  And it's now $69.99 OTD!   🤔

• I like it 1

36 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

Hasn't showed up much in Mass or NH.  And it's now $69.99 OTD!   🤔

Yeah, HH raised the price on several products recently. Most were fairly insignificant, but retail price for ECBP seems to have jumped $10 everywhere.

So I was out for a few quick . . . err . . . um . . . short journey undertaken in order to deliver or collect something, especially on someone else's behalf   and came home with the A121 ECBP and LBP batches.  Also, got lucky and picked up a JD Barrel Proof Rye.  I am particularly looking forward to re-visiting the Larceny having passed on the B and C batches last year to give HH time and work out the blend.

The ECBP was $49.99, so still the best bottle out there for $$ in my book.  Rare Breed a close second.  Really probably more a 1B sort of rank given that it is soooo much more available.   I would really love to see WT change the batches/proof more often.  Maybe 2x/year?  

• I like it 6

2 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

So I was out for a few quick . . . err . . . um . . . short journey undertaken in order to deliver or collect something, especially on someone else's behalf  ..... 

Really? <_< Not you too Ben? :unsure:

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

21 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

So I was out for a few quick . . . err . . . um . . . short journey undertaken in order to deliver or collect something, especially on someone else's behalf   and came home with the A121 ECBP and LBP batches.  Also, got lucky and picked up a JD Barrel Proof Rye.  I am particularly looking forward to re-visiting the Larceny having passed on the B and C batches last year to give HH time and work out the blend.

The ECBP was $49.99, so still the best bottle out there for $$ in my book.  Rare Breed a close second.  Really probably more a 1B sort of rank given that it is soooo much more available.   I would really love to see WT change the batches/proof more often.  Maybe 2x/year?  

Congrats on what to me sounds like a remarkable haul! I know the LBP retails for $49.99, but can't imagine finding ECBP at that price anymore. That's incredible.

Edited by k-train
  • I like it 1

28 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Really? <_< Not you too Ben? :unsure:

Biba! Joe

Nah, one time special.  Gotta take my shots when I can!  

• I like it 1

18 hours ago, flahute said:

LOL!

I never run errands. I just head straight out for the bourbon!

SO.MUCH.THIS!!! 

Pretty sure SWMBO assumes I'm going to the liquor store whenever I say I'm "running errands"!  

And, gosh darnit, she's probably right!!  

• I like it 2

8 hours ago, PaulO said:

I bet you've been happily married a long time.

I say, the best way to win an argument is not to have it. 👍

P.S.  I don't ask my wife why we need to have lady's shoes stacked up like firewood. 

36yrs in about 2 weeks.

I actually have proven a couple months ago, that I get more wear and tear out of a bottle than she gets out of a pair of shoes. I'm pretty sure that I won the argument without acknowledgment... 😉

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, Guss West said:

SO.MUCH.THIS!!! 

Pretty sure SWMBO assumes I'm going to the liquor store whenever I say I'm "running errands"!  

And, gosh darnit, she's probably right!!  

Yep! I tell my wife exactly where I'm going every time and half the time she wants to come with me! (For the wine and cider).

• I like it 1

Um, picked up a 750 of WT 101 in a store that usually does not carry WT products but usually provides me with OGD BIB - of which they had none since I cleaned them out a couple days ago.

PLEASE!! Do not chastise me for drinking WT 101 instead of my OGD BIB.:o  I blame it on that WT 101 handle I bought on sale last year.  The basic WT mash bill is growing on me.

ASIDE - Life is PHAT when one can fall in love with TWO bottom shelf 100+ers.:D

• I like it 9

40 minutes ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Um, picked up a 750 of WT 101 in a store that usually does not carry WT products but usually provides me with OGD BIB - of which they had none since I cleaned them out a couple days ago.

PLEASE!! Do not chastise me for drinking WT 101 instead of my OGD BIB.:o  I blame it on that WT 101 handle I bought on sale last year.  The basic WT mash bill is growing on me.

WT101 & OGDBIB are my weekday sippers. I love 'em both.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Whoa, whoa, whoa.......what the hell kind of store does not regularly carry WT products? Kudos to them for regularly providing OGDBIB but they get a major INCOMPLETE for being inconsistent on WT. This is unacceptable!  

On 2/16/2021 at 3:35 PM, lemonman said:

I was running errands, so I stopped and picked up more ET BiB. The liquor store I went to had four cases of it; I wonder if that means more distribution in our area? It's been vaporware here until the last couple weeks.

Did you find it in the N Suburbs? Been looking but still cant find it...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.