What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Winter 2020-2021)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

8 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Nice!  Now I don't have to find another 2020 EC18 for @Clueby?   🤣

He didn't say THAT! 😝

• I like it 1

With more snow forecast for tomorrow, and bitter cold setting in starting Friday, my wife and I did our normal weekend shopping after work today. Of course I went to the liquor store. :P

I might have to start shopping on Wednesdays more often.  ^_^

Biba! Joe

image.thumb.jpeg.da8c5763aeba0e1c9a2d9ebb59d89abf.jpeg

• I like it 8

8 hours ago, Clueby said:

He didn't say THAT! 😝

16 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Nice!  Now I don't have to find another 2020 EC18 for @Clueby?   🤣

Clueby?

...never heard of him.

🤷‍♂️

• I like it 2

4 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

With more snow forecast for tomorrow, and bitter cold setting in starting Friday, my wife and I did our normal weekend shopping after work today. Of course I went to the liquor store. :P

I might have to start shopping on Wednesdays more often.  ^_^

Biba! Joe

image.thumb.jpeg.da8c5763aeba0e1c9a2d9ebb59d89abf.jpeg

Middle of the week, early in the day is the best time to go shopping.

• I like it 3

7 hours ago, 0895 said:

Clueby?

...never heard of him.

🤷‍♂️

Yeah, me neither.   🤪

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 1

I ran into two bottle of WTKS-CNA ,  it jumped into my cart and came home with me.  I’m a sucker for a Camp Nelson  Wild Turkey.

Edited by markandrex
CSFS
  • I like it 1

One of my local Costcos had a 1 bottle limit on Eagle Rare, and no limit on the KC 9 y/o handles.  Gotta go back and buy more of the handles for several buddies who replied late to my text. 

323676EC-DEA7-445E-8DD1-0EF2DD3F7A15.jpeg

19ED0F3B-B556-43CE-8B75-8C8310B1B88E.jpeg

• I like it 14

Was out ( :o ) so at the grocery grabbed a 1L of my budget go-to EWB. My wife wants me to grab a bunch of Kirkland vodka at the Costco this weekend since her coworkers want some too, so an EWSB will come along for the ride as it always does every time I go to Costco...I wish my Costco had ER!!!! Jealous...ER is nowhere to be found in my corner of WI at the moment...used to be able to find it once a month. Pooh.

3 hours ago, parksmart said:

One of my local Costcos had a 1 bottle limit on Eagle Rare, and no limit on the KC 9 y/o handles.  Gotta go back and buy more of the handles for several buddies who replied late to my text. 

323676EC-DEA7-445E-8DD1-0EF2DD3F7A15.jpeg

19ED0F3B-B556-43CE-8B75-8C8310B1B88E.jpeg

Great price on the ER10, but I'm honestly just as blown away by the KC9 pricing, if not more so. The 750ml KC9 is 39.99 here in NC these days, so getting a 1.75L for less than that is mind boggling to me.

I had special ordered these months ago from the Utah dabc, didn't think I was going to get them, but they finally came in. I know there are some on here with a thing against Michters, but when I have had in the past I really liked the bourbon.

20210205_115737.thumb.jpg.6ed72e978173cad32458d0e446d0708e.jpg

Edited by Mano
  • I like it 1

5 hours ago, Mano said:

I had special ordered these months ago from the Utah dabc, didn't think I was going to get them, but they finally came in. I know there are some on here with a thing against Michters, but when I have had in the past I really liked the bourbon.

20210205_115737.thumb.jpg.6ed72e978173cad32458d0e446d0708e.jpg

I think some releases of Michter’s 10 have been excellent, and some very meh. That’s part of the deal when you’re buying sourced whiskey, from different distilleries over the years, inconsistency. The last one I tried was pretty good. I do hate the company, so I don’t seek out their products generally. But if I could find some M10 from 2014 or earlier again, I’d buy all I could find and would pay gouge prices

• I like it 1

Haven't been buying much lately.  Trying to drink the bunker down a bit.  Stopped by Kroger W & S to pick up a bottle of Italian wine to go with our beef ragout tonight so of course I checked the bourbon shelf.  Found this and brought it home along with the two bottles of wine.  First time I've seen the CS in the stores.

KC CASK STRENGTH.jpg

• I like it 3

On 2/1/2021 at 12:28 PM, Skinsfan1311 said:

Backbone Uncut barrel pick.    I'm hoping that it's here before the Super Bowl.

Got it! Just in time😁  

Not sure what to expect. It has a 5 year age statement...the last year they aged it in used Jamaican rum barrels a year before bottling.  

20210206_151504.jpg

20210206_153257.jpg

Got it! Just in time😁  

Not sure what to expect. It has a 5 year age statement...the last year they aged it in used Jamaican rum barrels a year before bottling.  

Got it! Just in time😁  

20210206_153257.jpg

Edited by Skinsfan1311

Stopped by my neighborhood store because I had a hunch they were possibly receiving some ECBP A121 this morning. Struck out on the ECBP, but they had BT on the shelf... which sadly never happens here anymore & is now a 1-per customer item when they do get it. So, I felt like I needed to grab one since I honestly don't know when I'll see it again.

Upon recently revisiting OGDBiB after about a dozen years or more, I've been really loving it lately. Decided to pick up the OGD114 to see how it compares. I had it once upon a time, but it was so long ago I don't really remember anything about it.

820513938_OldGrandDad114BuffaloTrace-1b.thumb.jpg.a25584c4b1644d6375be02d1930eb698.jpg

• I like it 3

Ran into my local LB and ran into these.  I know the reviews have not been kind in recent years but had to give it a try.

1AD1C9B0-5307-48AC-9B25-56E451BFD212.jpeg

• I like it 5

2 hours ago, markandrex said:

Ran into my local LB and ran into these.  I know the reviews have not been kind in recent years but had to give it a try.

Is it a new bottling?

Last I heard of the store picks were several years ago.

They were pretty good back then for $45.

5 hours ago, markandrex said:

Rare as hen's teeth.

16 hours ago, 0895 said:

Is it a new bottling?

Last I heard of the store picks were several years ago.

They were pretty good back then for $45.

New bottling.  I have not opened one yet but not likely to be too long.

The last time I saw one of those, it was several years ago and at a Liquor Barn store in KY.

I will say, when mash bill #2 is good, it's very nice.

• I like it 2

Was at the grocery fetching a ribeye since my better-looking half had a late staff meeting so I made myself dinner closer to my keto ideal, and finally succumbed to curiosity and grabbed an Ezra Brooks 90...not bad. This bottle is definitely HH juice...tastes like a slightly hotter and slightly younger EWB with a little more watery mouthfeel. Don't think I'd buy it again...I haven't found a bottom-shelfer that really knocks off EWB for me but it's not terrible. Still better than JBW for sure... ;) But I'll be wanting to grab some WT101 after work Friday...and I always buy an EWSB on Saturdays at Costco...force of habit, said the nun... :D 

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.