What Bourbon Are You Drinking? 2021:First Quarter.

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I had a pour of MMCS in the first quarter.  I am now having one at half-time.  I suspect I will have another in the third or fourth quarter as well.

• I like it 1

Just now, Rhettro said:

What batch you quaffing tonight?

Enjoying some Big Man, Small Batch.

• I like it 1

31 minutes ago, markandrex said:

Booker’s, just what I needed.

Haven’t opened my bottle of Boston Batch yet. Looking forward to being a to share it with some friends this spring. 

Had a BT Old Fashioned before the game.  Had some buffalo wings basted in a Maker's Mark-based sauce durimg the game, along with a couple of local craft beers.  Now, celebrating the home team's win with a pour of Joseph Magnus.  Way to go, Bucs, you played a great game!

I guess if a team (KC) scores zero touchdowns the whole game, don't expect to win the Super Bowl.

I checked back in the fourth quarter.  I decided my time was better spent, pour some VOB and go to the basement. 🤪 What a blowout.

• I like it 1

WTRB 116.8pf tonite.  Getting another 6" of snow tomorrow on top of the 12" we got on Super Bowl Sunday on top of the 20" we got a couple of weeks ago.  Rare Breed help me not to care much.   😋

• I like it 7

3 hours ago, GeeTen said:

WTRB 116.8pf tonite.  Getting another 6" of snow tomorrow on top of the 12" we got on Super Bowl Sunday on top of the 20" we got a couple of weeks ago.  

Good Grief.

20 deg and flurries is suddenly A-OK with me.

• I like it 1

A whole lotta Old Fo BP Single barrel.

One of the local bourbon enthusiasts decided a while back that she was going to go on a quest to acquire as many OldFo BP store picks as she could find. She cast a wide net over multiple states and got help from a lot of friends. As she acquired more and more an idea was birthed - a grand taste off March Madness style to declare an ultimate winner.

She ultimately ended up with 32 store picks and has set up the tastings in groups of 4 where all the tasters determine a winner and a runner up to advance to the next round. I completed my first flight this evening and have three more to go to complete the first round. This is fun!

• I like it 11

11 hours ago, flahute said:

A whole lotta Old Fo BP Single barrel.

One of the local bourbon enthusiasts decided a while back that she was going to go on a quest to acquire as many OldFo BP store picks as she could find. She cast a wide net over multiple states and got help from a lot of friends. As she acquired more and more an idea was birthed - a grand taste off March Madness style to declare an ultimate winner.

She ultimately ended up with 32 store picks and has set up the tastings in groups of 4 where all the tasters determine a winner and a runner up to advance to the next round. I completed my first flight this evening and have three more to go to complete the first round. This is fun!

I am insanely jealous. Old Fo BP is the one bottle I would chase, if I knew where to look, haha!

• I like it 1

Going through this bottle faster than expected, as I am generally not a MM fan. I still get a wee hint of that chemical note sometimes that reminds me of standard MM, but the bold one-two punch of sweet syrup and oak is really enjoyable.

PXL_20210209_232721866.thumb.jpg.7432e66ac2dae1bd23d10ae16a322dc3.jpg

Edited by dad-proof
  • I like it 2

On 2/9/2021 at 8:56 AM, dad-proof said:

I am insanely jealous. Old Fo BP is the one bottle I would chase, if I knew where to look, haha!

I wish everyone could do this.

I did batch B last night and every one was exceptional. Better than the best of batch A. Did Batch C tonight. Three of them were exceptional.

The finals are going to be tough.  

On 2/9/2021 at 6:39 PM, dad-proof said:

Going through this bottle faster than expected, ...

well yea, that's fair amount in that glass, you do a few of those and empty bottle.  I need to step up to your example rather than wimp sissy pours I do.  I'm currently also using Glencairn but only pour a little thinking to maybe do comparisons.  silly me.

6 hours ago, flahute said:

I wish everyone could do this.

I did batch B last night and every one was exceptional. Better than the best of batch A. Did Batch C tonight. Three of them were exceptional.

The finals are going to be tough.  

I love the strength in numbers play.

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.