What Bourbon did you Purchase (Fall 2022)

elmossle
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

2 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

WT Masters Keep (Unforgotten) whatever that means😁

no kidding.

they should have just called it “remembered”

is that the blend of bourbon & rye?

Picked up a bottle of Fortuna Bourbon on a suggestion. kind of pricey at $79 plus tax, Opened last night, damn good. 

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, 0895 said:

no kidding.

they should have just called it “remembered”

is that the blend of bourbon & rye?

Yessir. And then aged in rye casks. Tough one to get this year though

• I like it 1

I stopped by a regular store today and the rep was hosting a tasting for these.  Just a classic bourbon flavor.  Vanilla and caramel.  Nice finish with oak and baking spices. 100 proof.  NDP but not a bad offering.

F9F3DB4B-94C6-43B0-B8C1-826248D5A7FE.jpeg

• I like it 4

I'm not certain if I can claim these as my purchases as it was my who wife picked them up this week while she was in Japan, but here are the most recent.

20221106_210539.jpg

• I like it 14

22 minutes ago, Davesnothere said:

I'm not certain if I can claim these as my purchases as it was my who wife picked them up this week while she was in Japan, but here are the most recent.

20221106_210539.jpg

Looks like the wife gets something extra under the tree this holiday season!! Great scores and you will LOVE the FR Platinum. I have had a few bottle over the years and thought they were all excellent. Cheers and enjoy!

1 hour ago, Davesnothere said:

20221106_210539.jpg

Those definitely count!

• I like it 1

11 hours ago, Davesnothere said:

20221106_210539.jpg

Good prices over there?

22 hours ago, Davesnothere said:

20221106_210539.jpg

Do you know how many of us wish we could send our wife on a bourbon run to Japan?  Me, neither.  But, I bet it is a lot.  

Nice scores!

• I like it 3

13 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

Good prices over there?

The prices were ok, it's just seems that there are more bottles available on the shelves as opposed to the US.

The Masters Keep was $219, the Father and Son was $60, the Blanton's Red was $90, the Four Roses was $45.

The only one we kind of held our noses on was the Blanton's  SFB, they were $225 ea, but try to find on the shelf here.

Edited by Davesnothere
Edit price on masters keep
  • I like it 1

2 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

Do you know how many of us wish we could send our wife on a bourbon run to Japan?  Me, neither.  But, I bet it is a lot.  

Nice scores!

Thanks,  she'll be in Paris in the spring so she'll do a bit of hunting  while she's there.

Stopped by my local again on the way home from work and they still had McKenna 10 so I snagged another. Also had ER10 so I snagged one of those as well.

• I like it 7

5 hours ago, Davesnothere said:

Thanks,  she'll be in Paris in the spring so she'll do a bit of hunting  while she's there.

See my post under Things Anwalt Saw.  Given that Paris is feeling some of the bourbon boom, my prep for the next visit includes shipping from elsewhere to a friendly address in Paris.  The outlying cities tend to have more stock than Paris.  And the prices appear to be better in France than the rest of the EU.

Stopped and grabbed a KC9 on my way home from work. Now opened and in the glass. It is tasting very, very good. Finding myself missing baseball already.

• I like it 7

Made a run to a neighboring state and scored some pretty good deals.   Many of these were on sale for much less than I would pay in Ohio.

I opened the Blade and Bow for tonight's pour.

thumbnail (12).jpeg

• I like it 6

5 hours ago, MissMohawk said:

Got myself a JD Single Barrel Select

I think this is an often overlooked bottle.  The Barrel Proof gets all the attention but the 90 proof version packs a lot of good flavors without the sometimes mouth blistering heat of the BP.

• I like it 4

22 minutes ago, Anwalt said:

I shall be curious to hear about those BRT's.

On it! 

20221111_215827.thumb.jpg.9bae0924daa515997511bb1e0aad92c8.jpg

Will report back after a few different tastings...

• I like it 5

3 hours ago, fosmith said:

I think this is an often overlooked bottle.  The Barrel Proof gets all the attention but the 90 proof version packs a lot of good flavors without the sometimes mouth blistering heat of the BP.

I got a 94. Now I'm confused 🤔. All kidding aside, you are correct. Sometimes, though the flavor of the day in bourbon keeps trending toward hazmat, these sippers that fall between 90 and 100 proof are much more approachable and enjoyable. 

IMG_20221111_220702.jpg

• I like it 4

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.