Empty Bottle(s) Support Group for 2023:

On 10/20/2023 at 3:14 AM, Richnimrod said:

Beyond 'structural loading' issues...

Has anyone figured out a way to protect their special bottles against natural disasters (earthquakes, tornados, hurricanes, etc.), as well as human wrought dangers such as bombs, trucks/planes/automobiles crashing into homes?

The only storage I've found likely to be foolproof is to drink those babies and save the experiential notes instead.   HA!   (And, that does not protect against dementia... uh-oh!... I think I've lost the game already!)

While I do have some bottles in cabinets, a good part of my "bunker" consists of repurposing the lateral file cabinets I no longer need to maintain archived files since my retirement.  Pretty safe, I think, even in earthquake-prone California.

HH Drawer.gif

• I like it 6

8 hours ago, IamMatt said:

While I do have some bottles in cabinets, a good part of my "bunker" consists of repurposing the lateral file cabinets I no longer need to maintain archived files since my retirement.  Pretty safe, I think, even in earthquake-prone California.

image.png.daec1c0ecfb3edfbe3002f963ec1ffcd.png

Edited by Clueby
  • I like it 3

Here’s what I did. Homemade cabinet door stoppers that rotate out of the way to open the cabinet door. Bungee rail inside to prevent displace bottles from leaning on the door and falling. 

IMG_9046.jpeg

IMG_9047.jpeg

• I like it 10

I love the BBC Discs. This one's a #7. I really need to try them side-by-side. Found a place that often has them back to #5 for $75 to $90 per bottle.

Was the #4 that good? It seems to go for a premium, unlike #5 on.

BBC Disc 7.jpg

Killed the last half-glass left in a Doc Swinson's store pick (6-yr MGP) and picked up the theme with a Clyde Mays store pick (6-yr MGP).

• I like it 1

On 10/26/2023 at 9:07 AM, IamMatt said:

HH Drawer.gif

holy crap. doesn't that weight cause the cabinet to lean forward? You may need @GeeTento advise on this issue. 

4 minutes ago, Patrick_OKC said:

holy crap. doesn't that weight cause the cabinet to lean forward? You may need @GeeTento advise on this issue. 

Well, there is a similar amount of "weight" in the bottom drawer too, lol, so I think I'm safe.

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, IamMatt said:

Well, there is a similar amount of "weight" in the bottom drawer too, lol, so I think I'm safe.

Well, I figured that, but I couldn't resist! Looks good. A very good filing system.

Pat

• I like it 1

This was delicious if you like the minty, MGP style rye, which I do.  5yr age stated.  Here are my notes:

Pine needles and spearmint on the nose.  On the palate, a huge burst of sweet Wrigley's Spearmint gum: long, sweet, spicy finish. 

If you come across one of these, try it; you'll be glad you did.  I'm glad I grabbed a back up. 

clyde may's empty.jpg

• I like it 1

On 10/26/2023 at 9:07 AM, IamMatt said:

HH Drawer.gif

That's some serious record keeping!

• I like it 1

On 11/1/2023 at 12:34 AM, fishnbowljoe said:

Man down! 

IMG_2964.thumb.jpeg.02bb376d567c2550221a47955ce1411e.jpeg

Just opened one of thows last week. Been awhile but nice just the same...

2 hours ago, Double C's said:

last night's victim. 

20231101_190240.jpg

The Wife's fav and me likes, too...

• I like it 1

On 11/1/2023 at 5:04 PM, Davesnothere said:

That's some serious record keeping!

Just realized that's an older pic with that drawer having "files" from H to J (Heaven Hill and Jim Beam).  Got that fixed and now it is all "H."

• I like it 1

On 10/27/2023 at 2:50 PM, flahute said:

Here’s what I did. Homemade cabinet door stoppers that rotate out of the way to open the cabinet door. Bungee rail inside to prevent displace bottles from leaning on the door and falling. 

IMG_9046.jpeg

IMG_9047.jpeg

Got me licking my lips looking at that Willy HH and Red Label EW. Yummmmm

• I like it 2

Put down one of the GBS selected ECBP 15 yo “Amnesia Bottles” last night.  Seems impossible that 11 years have passed since we selected that.  Dang, time flies…😵‍💫

AD0D6307-45C4-44B3-9532-B24FE5037F78.jpeg

• I like it 6

On 11/3/2023 at 11:03 AM, smokinjoe said:

Put down one of the GBS selected ECBP 15 yo “Amnesia Bottles” last night.  Seems impossible that 11 years have passed since we selected that.  Dang, time flies…😵‍💫

AD0D6307-45C4-44B3-9532-B24FE5037F78.jpeg

How many do you have left?