What Bourbon Are You Drinking - Fall 2023

smokinjoe

3 minutes ago, Wedelstaedt said:

My celebration pour for the Ranger’s winning their first ALDS since the 2011 season. 
Go Rangers!! 😀

21A3E156-32E8-4688-90E6-4DA02D1DAE6D.thumb.jpeg.e0770f3288ac8a6710161080b31a9c29.jpeg

Great pour!!

Let's go!  It will be an awesome series!  ⚾

Go 'Stros! 🌠

• I like it 1

7 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Great pour!!

Let's go!  It will be an awesome series!  ⚾

Go 'Stros! 🌠

The two teams sure fought it out over the season. Of course with The Astros getting the better of The Rangers. 
Here’s to a competitive series! 

Cheers

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, Kepler said:

Had movie night with the wife.  Now time for another pour.

Colonel Taylor Single Barrel it is.  🫡

Last pour of the night.  Buffalo Trace 2019 Spec's store pick. 

I just love BT barrel picks.  They rival the much more expensive EH Taylor offerings.

• I like it 2

18 minutes ago, Kepler said:

I just love BT barrel picks.  They rival the much more expensive EH Taylor offerings.

Agreed, I have a BT PS, that is just outstanding. One of my all time favorites. 

Cheers

• I like it 2

On 10/8/2023 at 1:08 PM, smokinjoe said:

Cheers to you Sooner guys.  I watched a good part of that game.  Really entertaining, and what a spectacle that rivalry is with Texas.  I love college football, and while OU and TU will be extremely worthy programs to join the SEC next year, I hate what is happening with teams being lured into other conferences like that.  USC and Oregon et al, going to the Big 10?  Ugh…. 

What is happening in College Football is just sad.

The funny thing, when I speak with college football fans (from all walks of life and a myriad of schools,) every single fan has a strong distaste for the breakup of the conferences and the transfer portal.
And the band played on…….

No cheers here  😔

5 hours ago, Kepler said:

I agree about the conference realignment, even though my alma mater (OU) is one of the big movers that triggered this recent round of chaos.

I'm a Big 12 fan at heart, but when Nebraska and Texas A&M left the conference a decade ago, it was a mortal wound.  The conference was not able to lure any equivalent replacements, despite efforts, so it did not surprise me at all that OU and UT eventually looked to greener pastures,... just to keep up with their peer programs.

And more lucrative TV revenues, just as USC, UCLA, Oregon and Washington have done to the PAC-12.  🤑  

I grew up in Corvallis, OR and had several of my fellow high school teammates play for the Oregon State Beavers (and other PAC-10 schools).  I, however, went to MIT (at my mother's strict insistance) where they had no football team at that time.  Played lacrosse and later, rugby (just ask my right knee).  😢

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 3

Celebrating a couple great days on the farm. The weather was perfect. We cut down a a couple of trees, cut 'em & stacked 'em for next winter, finished clearing a field, shored up my tree stand, and broke in my new pistol.

It doesn't get much better than that!

John J. Bowman in the glass, with an alarmingly low fill level in the decanter.

20231014_152128.jpg

20231012_144704.jpg

Edited by Skinsfan1311
  • I like it 9

18 hours ago, IamMatt said:

The Doc Swinson's is actually a Costco store pick.  I bought one on a whim and liked it enough to go back and get a backup.  It's really hitting the spot tonight.  

I picked up a few of the Doc Swinson's K&L picks that they had on clearance a while back for around $40.  I just polished off a bottle last night.  Really good MGP bourbon.  Glad I have a couple more..

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Celebrating a couple great days on the farm. The weather was perfect. We cut down a a couple of trees, cut 'em & stacked 'em for next winter, finished clearing a field, shored up my tree stand, and broke in my new pistol.

It doesn't get much better than that!

John J. Bowman in the glass, with an alarmingly low fill level in the decanter.

20231014_152128.jpg

20231012_144704.jpg

LOVE that old Ford.  1950s 8N?  Neighbor has a 1952 he restored.  Wife wants him to sell it, but he likes riding it WITHOUT any tools attached.  I love the sound it makes when he fires it up.

Today, while watching Oregon-Washngton, I finished off a VOB 100.  It is like drinking a spicy caramel soda.  Rainy day kept me onside.  I guess Fall has finally arrived in the mid-Atlantic.

• I like it 4

Well a chilly, rainy day calls out for a return to brown liquor season. Cracked open my first bottle of Elijah Craig. Somehow never got around to trying this bourbon. First impression is very good bang for the buck. The 94 proof should ward off the rainy weather as I step outside to grill up some pork chops.

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, Harry in WashDC said:

LOVE that old Ford.  1950s 8N?  Neighbor has a 1952 he restored.  Wife wants him to sell it, but he likes riding it WITHOUT any tools attached.  I love the sound it makes when he fires it up.

Today, while watching Oregon-Washngton, I finished off a VOB 100.  It is like drinking a spicy caramel soda.  Rainy day kept me onside.  I guess Fall has finally arrived in the mid-Atlantic.

It's a workhorse, that's for sure.   

• I like it 2

On 10/12/2023 at 6:46 AM, GeeTen said:

Regular, Loch & K(e)y single barrel, old bottle, older bottle, or really old decanter?  I'm easy!   🥳

Weller Antiques.jpg

And you had to bust my chops with a picture of Eli???  If he didn't get the luckiest passes in two (2) Super Bowls, the Patriots would have had eight (8) NFL Championships and not JUST six (6).  No good pictures of Payton and his Championship Colts, eh???   🤩

Gee, you are the man. I mean, from bottle lineup to good natured ribbing (giving & taking) to your well known kindness and generosity. Rock on!

Cheers

23 hours ago, Kepler said:

23 hours ago, Wedelstaedt said:

Agreed, I have a BT PS, that is just outstanding. One of my all time favorites. 

Cheers

Last night’s discussion spurred me on to get my favorite BT.  Just as great as I remember. 

Cheers

723311D6-47A5-471D-AD88-621970BDB389.jpeg

Edited by Wedelstaedt
Spellcheck
  • I like it 2

2 hours ago, Anwalt said:

Took some WT12 to a wedding. It went over quite well. Headed to Pensacola for the flight home.

😂 I bet it did go over well!

• I like it 1

Freddy and I are by ourselves this weekend,  with the rest of the crew in Chicago for my daughter's baby shower.   I decided to show him the other side of the island,  and ended up talking for close to an hour with the one person I ran into on the beach.   

Now me 'n Fred are on the deck,  with me sipping a blend of Tumbling Dice 6-yr (high rye MGP) and Clyde May 6-yr (probably Heaven Hill),  to which I just added 3 ounces of Driftless Glen,  which is very coffee-like.   Not bad, maybe needs an ounce of corn whiskey or, more likely, some Dickel.   

20231015_140328.jpg

Edited by Jazzhead
  • I like it 8

2 hours ago, Jazzhead said:

Freddy and I are by ourselves this weekend,  with the rest of the crew in Chicago for my daughter's baby shower.   I decided to show him the other side of the island,  and ended up talking for close to an hour with the one person I ran into on the beach.   

Now me 'n Fred are on the deck,  with me sipping a blend of Tumbling Dice 6-yr (high rye MGP) and Clyde May 6-yr (probably Heaven Hill),  to which I just added 3 ounces of Driftless Glen,  which is very coffee-like.   Not bad, maybe needs an ounce of corn whiskey or, more likely, some Dickel.   

20231015_140328.jpg

Freddy rocks! It sounds like your day did as well!  Cheers!

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, mbroo5880i said:

Freddy rocks! It sounds like your day did as well!  Cheers!

As for Freddy, his busy day ended thus:

20231015_165123.jpg

• I like it 5

12 minutes ago, Jazzhead said:

20231015_165123.jpg

Priceless! 

• I like it 1

19 minutes ago, Jazzhead said:

20231015_165123.jpg

Living the Good Life!  He had a full day!  With or without bourbon, we all want to end every day fulfilled after a day of fun and happiness and to have a good night's sleep.  Rinse and repeat!  Rock on Freddy!  Regardless of what you do, I suspect that tomorrow will be a good day as well.

Edited by mbroo5880i
  • I like it 1