What Bourbon Are You Drinking - Fall 2023

smokinjoe

1 hour ago, B3Nut said:

A pour of the current WT101. Picked up this bottle the other day. It's not reminding me of the WT101 I used to get at all. It's more young, harsh, almost grassy at times. Wondering where the turkey ran off to. Not digging this one at all TBH...and this used to be a go-to for me. Pooh...

I have noticed a decline in quality of WT101 in the last year or two.  Mainly a much younger whiskey.  I hope it turns around soon. 

Cheers

• I like it 1

5 minutes ago, Wedelstaedt said:

I have noticed a decline in quality of WT101 in the last year or two.  Mainly a much younger whiskey.  I hope it turns around soon. 

Cheers

Maybe, WT are diverting barrels that were previously used for 101, to their other more pricier brands. 

For example, I recently stumbled across a RRSiB that is incredible. Age, flavor, it has it all. Just a standard RRSiB. It makes me wonder, if WT is now diverting “good” barrels to the RR line. 🤷‍♂️

Cheers

14 hours ago, B3Nut said:

A pour of the current WT101. Picked up this bottle the other day. It's not reminding me of the WT101 I used to get at all. It's more young, harsh, almost grassy at times. Wondering where the turkey ran off to. Not digging this one at all TBH...and this used to be a go-to for me. Pooh...

Last year, I bought my first new bottle design WT101 and had the exact same experience.  Six months later, I tried another one and it was excellent, rich, complex and creamy.  So, it seems there's some inconsistency in this product, which is unfortunate..

• I like it 1

I’ve not been much of a fan of Weller SR over the years.  Picked one up today, and sipping now and I’m liking it.  Creamier and more depth than I remember.  Nice lower shelf offering.  But, why people spooge over it, I still don’t understand.

27 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

I’ve not been much of a fan of Weller SR over the years.  Picked one up today, and sipping now and I’m liking it.  Creamier and more depth than I remember.  Nice lower shelf offering.  But, why people spooge over it, I still don’t understand.

GW4G!  3xWSR+2xOGD114!  NEED vast quantities of WSR . . .   🤩

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 1

23 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

GW4G!  3xWSR+2xOGD114!  NEED vast quantities of WSR . . .   🤩

So, a good mixer!!  🤣🤣

• I like it 1

On 10/20/2023 at 8:49 AM, Anwalt said:

Lolz, came with the apartment. Very Latin.

I generally dislike any art made after 1949, and a good deal of what preceded it. Greek, Roman, Renaissance Italy? Bring it on.

But I am married to La Artista who has a different view on such matters. But kudos to me: I married an Artista who is who is not only not a Commie, but probably more politically conservative than I on certain issues. Talk about a unicorn!

As to that painting: I think the hamsters whose wee little feet were dipped in three different colors were given shrooms & meth at the same time before being released upon the canvas. As a Cheap Bastard, you'd probably have stopped at the meth and thereby lost some of the....effect. Just sayin'! 

I could be mistaken. As the house Philistine, I frequently error in such matters.

😎

😀😀😀  I would have made the hamsters bring their own meth.  

• I like it 1

Celebrating a Gophers upset win over ranked (well, probably not after today) Iowa.  I go back and forth on this Hancock's.  Some nights it tastes delicious; other nights it's Blanton's light.  It was good tonight... 

Hancock's reserve.jpg

• I like it 6

Started with KC9 and will end with Still Austin Cask Strength while watching....football, no.  Ice Skating, no.  Hallmark Christmas movie, yes.

The longer the movie plods along, the more pours I am having.  I don't even understand the plot on this one....normally, girl meets boy, they hate each other, then they love each other, then they fight, then they love each other.  But, this one is focused on black and white, then color, then black and white, then color.  

Crap, time for another pour.

• I like it 3

I call this one Still Life with Bananas, Knives, and Unfinished Passport Applications.  Hitting up the Statesman again.  I think I shall play in the 90 ish proof arena tonight and follow up with some good old reliable BT.  

IMG_20231021_211125.jpg

• I like it 3

12 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

😀😀😀  I would have made the hamsters bring their own meth.  

Easily said in Indiana! 😉

• I like it 1

I had the last couple of pours of a 750 of MM last night. I opened up my last MM 1.75 and refilled the 750.  Reckon it’s time to grab another handle. See what I did there?  Grab another handle. 🤣

• I like it 2

This is one of the earler picks from this distillery, after they started the program, or so I was told when I bought a couple bottles a few years ago.

I'll leave it up to you to guess the distiller 😉

20231022_171139.jpg

• I like it 1

I asked Mrs. Skinsfan to pour me another AE.

Damn!  That's a healthy pour!

I think I'll keep her😎

20231022_175946.jpg

• I like it 1

JW Dant delivering that rye bread goodness.

Being a Colts fan = wake up Monday, not sure why I'm still mad about something, then I remember, ah the Colts.  🤬

• I like it 2

I’m having a nice pour of my beloved 2007 WLW this evening. Please check out the “Feel Good Stories” thread to find out why. 🙂

IMG_2895.thumb.jpeg.baa456292e26704260d8113e66be4c77.jpeg

• I like it 7

Just purchased and popped a ECBP C 923. Been searching for it. My LS shot me a text he got ONE in. He stashed it aside for me. 13 years 7 months in the barrel!!  133 proof!!!  Flavors are amazing and drinks below the ABV. Going to do a SBS with my absolute  favorite ECBP C922 . We will see if this one becomes the new king. 

• I like it 4

1 hour ago, Grady330 said:

Just purchased and popped a ECBP C 923. Been searching for it. My LS shot me a text he got ONE in. He stashed it aside for me. 13 years 7 months in the barrel!!  133 proof!!!  Flavors are amazing and drinks below the ABV. Going to do a SBS with my absolute  favorite ECBP C922 . We will see if this one becomes the new king. 

Got one Saturday as well... Will be doing a SBS with C919(loved it) and a 12 year 138pr SiB from a LS

• I like it 2

OGD BiB in the glass.

I tend to get a little heavy-handed  pouring out of decanters😅

20231026_204131.jpg

Edited by Skinsfan1311
  • I like it 4