What Bourbon Are You Drinking - Fall 2023

smokinjoe

John J. Bowman will top the day off for me,  listening to Pat Martino.   Freddy's snoozing.   

5 hours ago, Jazzhead said:

Freddy and I are by ourselves this weekend,  with the rest of the crew in Chicago for my daughter's baby shower.   I decided to show him the other side of the island,  and ended up talking for close to an hour with the one person I ran into on the beach.   

Now me 'n Fred are on the deck,  with me sipping a blend of Tumbling Dice 6-yr (high rye MGP) and Clyde May 6-yr (probably Heaven Hill),  to which I just added 3 ounces of Driftless Glen,  which is very coffee-like.   Not bad, maybe needs an ounce of corn whiskey or, more likely, some Dickel.   

I love that you are playing with blends (I am experimenting with one myself tonight).  Does your 6-yr Clyde Mays say it was distilled in KY?  Mine is MGP (says it was distilled in IN).

5 minutes ago, Jazzhead said:

John J. Bowman will top the day off for me,  listening to Pat Martino.   Freddy's snoozing.   

Freddy is now a Straightbourbon.com rock star.  There is no turning back now!  

This means more photos and hijinx.  He has displaced the GBS Goat  Besides I believe the GBS Goat is running for Governor, so he will be tied up in the near future..

Freddy is the Flat Sammy of SB.com.  We need more of him and now.

• I like it 1

4 minutes ago, IamMatt said:

I love that you are playing with blends (I am experimenting with one myself tonight).  Does your 6-yr Clyde Mays say it was distilled in KY?  Mine is MGP (says it was distilled in IN).

C'mon Matt, we are talking about Freddie not whiskey.  Stay focused.  😜

26 minutes ago, IamMatt said:

I don't have the bottle any more (it was the 6 year Special Reserve)  but I suspect you are right about the Indiana origin.   I blended it with a Tumbling Dice 6Yr back in the spring.   That would perhaps explain why I blended them.   

15 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

Freddy is now a Straightbourbon.com rock star.  There is no turning back now!  

This means more photos and hijinx.  He has displaced the GBS Goat  Besides I believe the GBS Goat is running for Governor, so he will be tied up in the near future..

Freddy is the Flat Sammy of SB.com.  We need more of him and now.

Freddy has no political ambitions,  but knows how ruff things can be.

20231001_094220.jpg

• I like it 4

I  had a nice pour of BT while watching Part #1 of Ken Burns latest documentary.  🦬🦬🦬

IMG_4691.thumb.jpeg.7dc6cd591737ac73c09bad49483a7283.jpeg

• I like it 4

ORVW after dinner.  The wife and I are making plans for tomorrow.  It will be our 38th wedding anniversary.  We were together 5 years before that so, 43 years in total.  I personally find it amazing she has tolerated me that long and thankful for every moment I’ve had with her.  Cheers all!

• I like it 11

2 hours ago, bayouredd said:

OGD115 tonight. Can't miss...

Either you got a special bottle that is 1 proof point greater than the rest of us can or it is so good you don't realize the difference.   😃 

JK, brother!  It is a nice pour. Enjoy!

I had a double of ECBP and looking to make it triple.  I had a rough yet good day at work today.  My mind needs to be numbed to forget what I learned today even though I needed learn it.  

• I like it 1

32 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Either you got a special bottle that is 1 proof point greater than the rest of us can or it is so good you don't realize the difference.   😃 

JK, brother!  It is a nice pour. Enjoy!

I had a double of ECBP and looking to make it triple.  I had a rough yet good day at work today.  My mind needs to be numbed to forget what I learned today even though I needed learn it.  

Ooops, 1920 brain fart, but still good!!!

2 minutes ago, bayouredd said:

Ooops, 1920 brain fart, but still good!!!

Do you mean 1921 brain fart?  😜

• I like it 3

43 minutes ago, Anwalt said:

Obree made me do it.

OF1910.jpg

Is that a finger painting you did after your last pour?  Just f...ing kidding. 😜

Obviously, that is two pour artwork. 😀

Me...Cheap Bastard, Ball Buster. 

11 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

Is that a finger painting you did after your last pour?  Just f...ing kidding. 😜

Obviously, that is two pour artwork. 😀

Me...Cheap Bastard, Ball Buster. 

Lolz, came with the apartment. Very Latin.

I generally dislike any art made after 1949, and a good deal of what preceded it. Greek, Roman, Renaissance Italy? Bring it on.

But I am married to La Artista who has a different view on such matters. But kudos to me: I married an Artista who is who is not only not a Commie, but probably more politically conservative than I on certain issues. Talk about a unicorn!

As to that painting: I think the hamsters whose wee little feet were dipped in three different colors were given shrooms & meth at the same time before being released upon the canvas. As a Cheap Bastard, you'd probably have stopped at the meth and thereby lost some of the....effect. Just sayin'! 

I could be mistaken. As the house Philistine, I frequently error in such matters.

😎

• I like it 5

Last night I finished the last of my William Larue Weller from 2008.  Got it back before the bourbon hysteria took hold.  Delicious all the way to the barrel char sediment.

• I like it 3

Revisited my bottle of Lucy Seven Holiday Toast last night.  Yum.

My wife has been decimating out Peerless rye finished in Absinthe Barrels.

• I like it 1

A pour of the current WT101. Picked up this bottle the other day. It's not reminding me of the WT101 I used to get at all. It's more young, harsh, almost grassy at times. Wondering where the turkey ran off to. Not digging this one at all TBH...and this used to be a go-to for me. Pooh...

• I like it 2