What bourbon did you purchase Fall ‘23?

CUfan99

6 hours ago, Anwalt said:

You lucky dog! Those Belle Meade Reserves have grown on me, that's a darned good price. Even Cheap Bastard(s) should approve!

This Cheap Bastard agrees! 😀

• I like it 1

6 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

A Stagg Party!

You’re starting to slip a little Mike. 🫠

• I like it 1

As a beer guy I'm entering Stout Season, aka that time of year when budgets mean nothing and acquiring beers to cellar for the next year is everything, so I bought some of that whiskey stuff everyone's talking about....  😁

ETA: Really glad I didn't pounce on the OF set at Binny's, which only has three of these four expressions. Very happy to pay the extra 10 bucks for the four pack at Costco.

20231029_115514.jpg

Edited by stevegoz
  • I like it 8

22 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Yeah...I rarely see it anymore, and not at that price.  They were on a sale rack. I walked out of the store with 3 of the 5 that they had left.

The reason you rarely see Belle Meade on the shelf anymore is that it's been discontinued.  They are now bottling their own distillate under the Nelson Bros. brand. 

• I like it 4

23 hours ago, fosmith said:

The reason you rarely see Belle Meade on the shelf anymore is that it's been discontinued.  They are now bottling their own distillate under the Nelson Bros. brand. 

I read that it was being discontinued for national distribution and is now only distributed in TN

• I like it 2

Got an LB7 at just above sticker, supposed to be very good. And an ECBP C923 at $70. Both in Louisville. 

And very oddly: The Michters distributor here in PR had some unusual items. Most of what little bourbon is sold here is "meh" and expensive. Got at MSRP: One Shenks (for a friend, I already have some), one Bomberger (I very much look forward to trying it), and 4 of the 10y rye (2 for friends, 2 for me). I like their BP rye (thanks to Obree) and look forward to seeing how it compares to the 10y.

I've never, ever seen that sort of selection here before.

• I like it 2

HHBiB 7yr ???@$49.99 OTD!  Yummo!  Time to do a SBS tasting with my only bottle left of the White Label BiB 6yr that I picked up in Bardstown the last time I was at the Gazebo w/SWMBO. All I remember about that night was waking the next morning for breakfast and my $67 bottle of Bermuda Blanton's Gold was sitting on the nightstand next to me but it was EMPTY!!!  Musta' dropped on the gazebo floor sometime earlier in the night.   🥳

• I like it 2

3 hours ago, Anwalt said:

Got an LB7 at just above sticker, supposed to be very good. And an ECBP C923 at $70. Both in Louisville. 

And very oddly: The Michters distributor here in PR had some unusual items. Most of what little bourbon is sold here is "meh" and expensive. Got at MSRP: One Shenks (for a friend, I already have some), one Bomberger (I very much look forward to trying it), and 4 of the 10y rye (2 for friends, 2 for me). I like their BP rye (thanks to Obree) and look forward to seeing how it compares to the 10y.

I've never, ever seen that sort of selection here before.

Really unbelievable! Such a cool find! 

• I like it 2

I was out this morning and….(you know how the rest of the story goes).  The Frank August is a single barrel, the Stagg is 23b and the RRSBSP is CN-B.  I figured I would grab another case +1 with 7 bottles being less than the Generations I walked away from yesterday.

image0.jpeg

Edited by markandrex
  • I like it 8

On 10/28/2023 at 1:19 PM, Anwalt said:

Presented another seminar. Clients are kind to me, see the pic.

Also picked up JDSBBP Rye at $70/per, there were lots of them at 127.x proof since the proof hounds cleared out the 130+ stuff. That's AOK. This rye strikes me as an excellent bang-for-the-buck. It's good. And, knock on wood, I have not had a bad SiB (tried 3 different ones so far), may the 5 I just got continue that happy pattern. This'll clearly be a "regular drinker".

Also picked up some OF King Ranch. 1 for me (reviews are so-so, not gonna chance more until I try) and 1 for a friend, $90 per. Along with a Still Austin CS for a friend, $60 per, odd that it's at $50 in many non-Texas locations. But he was happy to pay the $60 since it's not available at all in his area.

Gifts DFW.jpg

Nice grab in the pics. As far as the King Ranch, was gifted one from the SIL this past Christmas. It's definitely better with a cube or blended with an OF 100.

• I like it 1

Picked up a few bottles today. ECBP 9 year 131.7 proof private pick for $65. Also, a OGD 114 for $25 and a FRSiB for $38.

• I like it 4

12 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

Picked up a few bottles today. ECBP 9 year 131.7 proof private pick for $65. Also, a OGD 114 for $25 and a FRSiB for $38.

You should have picked up the OGD 115 instead. 🤪 I had the OGD last night and it was up to 116...😬

Phoenix TW stores have a bit of this old stepchild.   Pricey. But I had to.  Hadn’t seen this one in a while. 

IMG_0003.jpeg

• I like it 1

59 minutes ago, JakeySnakes said:

image.jpg

I’ve liked every bottle of this I’ve had. 👍🏻

• I like it 2

Picked up a bottle of Larceny BP B523 yesterday, and another Planter's Ozark Whiskey pick on Thursday.

• I like it 1

Unfortunately I missed the Larceny batch B523, but I recently picked up C923.  I always buy my whiskey at retail, so quite often for the most sought-after releases I get out-maneuvered by the taters that evidently depend on flipping bourbon bottles for their income.   But it's ok, I will win in the end.  Que sera sera.  

• I like it 3

19 hours ago, Kepler said:

Unfortunately I missed the Larceny batch B523, but I recently picked up C923.  I always buy my whiskey at retail, so quite often for the most sought-after releases I get out-maneuvered by the taters that evidently depend on flipping bourbon bottles for their income.   But it's ok, I will win in the end.  Que sera sera.  

I’ve got a bottle of the B523 and IMO you aren’t missing much. It’s decent with some water but too hot neat. 

• I like it 3

On 11/4/2023 at 7:38 PM, JakeySnakes said:

image.jpg

I like this one but I haven't seen it around here lately.  

• I like it 1

So in Michigan, they stopped doing lotteries for allocated bourbons some years ago.  So my local Mega-Bev just sets their allocated bourbons on the shelves on random days.  I was out of beer on Sunday and decided to run up to Mega-Bev for some.  Decide to browse the bourbons and was startled when a bottle of Blanton's was sitting between two 30 dollar bourbons.  Picked it up and bought it at 69.99.  I will probably never get this lucky again.

• I like it 4

On 11/5/2023 at 12:05 AM, Kepler said:

I always buy my whiskey at retail, so quite often for the most sought-after releases I get out-maneuvered by the taters that evidently depend on flipping bourbon bottles for their income.   But it's ok, I will win in the end.  Que sera sera.  

Living well is the best revenge...

• I like it 4