What bourbon did you purchase Fall ‘23?

CUfan99

I ran out to grab a few ingredients for dinner.  Since the grocery had a liquor store (detached, it is KY) I poked my head in and saw this so I thought I would grab one to see what the fuss is about.  
image0.thumb.jpeg.ab6f644426501e0357ab40af4ee67ab9.jpeg

Edited by markandrex
  • I like it 11

On 11/3/2023 at 11:12 PM, JT3NSB said:

Phoenix TW stores have a bit of this old stepchild.   Pricey. But I had to.  Hadn’t seen this one in a while. 

IMG_0003.jpeg

I bet your private messages blowed up!  😂😂

On 11/3/2023 at 10:12 PM, JT3NSB said:

Phoenix TW stores have a bit of this old stepchild.   Pricey. But I had to.  Hadn’t seen this one in a while. 

IMG_0003.jpeg

I've been seeing that around middle Tennessee lately. Also 100 bucks here. Yikes!

2 hours ago, Davesnothere said:

I've been seeing that around middle Tennessee lately. Also 100 bucks here. Yikes!

way too much for this low proofer.  

• I like it 2

20 hours ago, markandrex said:

I ran out to grab a few ingredients for dinner.  Since the grocery had a liquor store (detached, it is KY) I poked my head in and saw this so I thought I would grab one to see what the fuss is about.  
image0.thumb.jpeg.ab6f644426501e0357ab40af4ee67ab9.jpeg

One of the very best.

22 hours ago, Davesnothere said:

Holy mackerel! I have been working through the bunker so haven't been hitting the bourbon aisles lately. IMHO Hancock's would be pushing it as worthwhile at half that price. That BT halo effect I suppose. Decent $30 whiskey as I recall though.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Clueby said:

Yes I know it's not bourbon but I'm too lazy to post it in the proper thread.

20231108_205959.jpg

Alrighty then Tim. Too lazy to post in the right forum huh? Consider this your warning. Along with the warming you will also receive twelve demerits and a frowning face sticker. The books will be wiped clean when I receive a bottle of OWA, and @flahute receives  a bottle of OF 1920. Kapish? 🤷🏻‍♂️

33 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Alrighty then Tim. Too lazy to post in the right forum huh? Consider this your warning. Along with the warming you will also receive twelve demerits and a frowning face sticker. The books will be wiped clean when I receive a bottle of OWA, and @flahute receives  a bottle of OF 1920. Kapish? 🤷🏻‍♂️

This is an excellent plan!

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Screenshot_20231109_053703_Google.thumb.jpg.00e1fb847400e4ad6b671bd475da5fc1.jpg

• I like it 1

On 11/7/2023 at 1:44 PM, JT3NSB said:

way too much for this low proofer.  

Agree, that's probably why they are still sitting on the shelves.

Found an ECBP C918 somewhere. Been looking around for older ECBP's, still find some occasionally. Since the newer ones do not make it to Europe, it seems (have not seen any of the 2023 ones in Europe yet) I will settle for the older ones! The Old Bardstown is collateral damage, to get free shipping.

processed-CEAD8E95-696A-4BD8-A116-707171C06AEF-9078C7A2-3C21-4B02-A22F-391300019F22.jpeg

• I like it 3

On 11/7/2023 at 1:00 PM, markandrex said:

Out for a haircut and three bottles of WTKS CN-Bimage1.thumb.jpeg.f7c631d25cc1c9d5876b071f782e4a3b.jpeg.

The bottle change still annoys me....

1 hour ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

The bottle change still annoys me....

It’s like I keep telling my wife, it’s not what on the outside but what it’s like inside.

• I like it 1

Well, it was shopping day. Y’all know what that means. After stopping at the grocery store, I stopped at my normal go to cause I knew they had some things on sale. The MM 1.75 was $39.99, and the MM 101’s were $29.99 each. I didn’t need either, but I couldn’t pass ‘em up at those prices. One of the 101’s is going to my nephew. He’s got a WSR for me. The Blanton’s was just plain blind, dumb luck. We went to Meijer to get a couple of baking ingredients for my wife to make goodies for Thanksgiving. The Blanton’s was on the back counter at the customer service desk. The clerk was gonna put it into the cage they have there. The price was a bit much at $68.99, but that’s $120.00 cheaper than what I’ve seen at other places in our area. There goes my bourbon budget for a while. Still, it was a good day. 😎

One more thing. To whomever it was that bought the SAOS and didn’t post a picture of the back of the bottle, please take note. The second picture is of the back of my bottles. It looks like my gal at MM dipped the 101’s, but probably not the handle. Carry on!

IMG_3023.thumb.jpeg.5c13a837fa35354cc8290ce5d0e3a3f1.jpegIMG_3024.thumb.jpeg.46fb85c48292315d977fa31a0488ceb8.jpeg

• I like it 2

15 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

One more thing. To whomever it was that bought the SAOS and didn’t post a picture of the back of the bottle, please take note. The second picture is of the back of my bottles. It looks like my gal at MM dipped the 101’s, but probably not the handle. Carry on!

IMG_3024.thumb.jpeg.46fb85c48292315d977fa31a0488ceb8.jpeg

You have posted many times about your gal at MM dipping your bottles. Where do you see that on the label? My inquiring mind  wants to know Joe.

Prost!!  Phil 

1 hour ago, Phil T said:

You have posted many times about your gal at MM dipping your bottles. Where do you see that on the label? My inquiring mind  wants to know Joe.

Prost!!  Phil 

I heard a long, long time ago that wax dips can be like fingerprints. You can sometimes tell which lady dipped a bottle by the wax pattern. I never really thought about it much until a few years ago. I bought a bottle of MM and had to do a little rearranging to put it in my cabinet. It was then that I noticed I had a couple of similarly dipped bottles. My lady’s signature is a single extra long wax tendril down the back of the bottle. 😎

IMG_3035.thumb.jpeg.1f065a75de33fb1f2910d1ca00144333.jpeg

• I like it 1

11 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I heard a long, long time ago that wax dips can be like fingerprints. You can sometimes tell which lady dipped a bottle by the wax pattern. I never really thought about it much until a few years ago. I bought a bottle of MM and had to do a little rearranging to put it in my cabinet. It was then that I noticed I had a couple of similarly dipped bottles. My lady’s signature is a single extra long wax tendril down the back of the bottle. 😎

Screenshot_20231110_075716_Gallery.jpg

• I like it 1

15 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I seem to recall there also something called a "slam dunk" - dip the bottle all the way to the shoulder, a lot more wax.

Never saw it in person.  Someone on the site mentioned it before.

17 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

These haven't gone to recycle yet.

Prost!!  Phil 

16996447516862006940932959258744.jpg

24 minutes ago, Phil T said:

These haven't gone to recycle yet.

Prost!!  Phil 

16996447516862006940932959258744.jpg

Why that two timing bitch!  🤬

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, PaulO said:

I seem to recall there also something called a "slam dunk" - dip the bottle all the way to the shoulder, a lot more wax.

Never saw it in person.  Someone on the site mentioned it before.

They had those a long time ago. They were 1.75s and supposedly there was one bottle to a palate. They quit doing the slam dunks for a while, but I heard they’re doing them again now. Once upon a time I had one. At a meet and great in Indy, it and my MM distillery dispenser went to Dale Crichton/ @NeoTexan.  He was a big collector of all things MM.

PA090001.thumb.jpeg.6db7bcebc7cf0de3ef9079b78a2a85b8.jpeg

• I like it 3

On the way home from a very nice Veteran’s Day event at a local university, we stopped and picked up a WT Rare Breed for Thanksgiving Day, along with a Bulleit for this weekend.  

• I like it 3