What Bourbon Are You Drinking - Winter 2023?

Skinsfan1311

On 1/7/2024 at 6:05 PM, mbroo5880i said:

I actually like the approach of a dry week once a month which ends up being 3 dry months per year.  

That's actually a great idea I've never thought of.  It would be more of a routine and would reduce consumption with just a short interruption in my routine.  I might have to consider that more...

• I like it 1

I was drinking a couple different single malts tonight, but now I switched to Baker's 7 Small Batch, old school style. It's also hitting the spot almost as much as the tale of winter glenmo.

• I like it 5

Just settling in to watch the Green Bay - Dallas game.  Dug this bottle out of the back of the cabinet.  I had nearly forgotten how nice this bourbon is.  Beautiful appearance (including great bottle), aroma, taste, and finish!  Unfortunately, I doubt I'll ever have a chance to pick up another bottle of this one.  Oh well, I'll just get enjoyment out of what's left in this one!

WT Decades 2.jpg

• I like it 13

Opened a bottle of FRSiB for tonight's football games.  First pour was really good.  Time for a second.  I will opt out to watch Hometown when it comes on but will switch back to the Rams-Lions game when it is over.  

Wow, there are some great young teams with young QBs.  I really like C.J. Stroud and Jordan Love.  I would love to see a Houston-Green Bay Super Bowl.  The Lions would be fun too since they have never been.

• I like it 3

grilling some burgers in this lovely 1 degree temp outside at the moment. This pour is hitting the spot while sitting by fire inside.

20240114_181213.jpg

• I like it 3

Some GTS while trying to decide if I’m watching football or something else tonight.  Maybe just more GTS.

• I like it 9

2 minutes ago, markandrex said:

Some GTS while trying to decide if I’m watching football or something else tonight.  Maybe just more GTS.

GTS will guide you grasshopper. 😀

• I like it 4

Another Wildcard weekend pour after a very surprising,  yet very satisfactory, outcome in Dallass😅

20240114_201644.jpg

• I like it 12

10 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Another Wildcard weekend pour after a very surprising,  yet very satisfactory, outcome in Dallass😅

20240114_201644.jpg

No one can pout like the Cowboys after a loss.  😢

• I like it 6

23 hours ago, Swamp55 said:

Just settling in to watch the Green Bay - Dallas game.  Dug this bottle out of the back of the cabinet.  I had nearly forgotten how nice this bourbon is.  Beautiful appearance (including great bottle), aroma, taste, and finish!  Unfortunately, I doubt I'll ever have a chance to pick up another bottle of this one.  Oh well, I'll just get enjoyment out of what's left in this one!

WT Decades 2.jpg

That one was underrated. I have a couple stashed and now you've inspire me to pull one out.

• I like it 4

WTRB while sitting by the fire (inside) on a single digit temp day.  

• I like it 7

Some 1910 by the fire while a stew is simmering on the stove for dinner on a cold single digit temp day.

20240115_173300.jpg

• I like it 10

On 1/14/2024 at 6:17 PM, Double C's said:

grilling some burgers in this lovely 1 degree temp outside at the moment. This pour is hitting the spot while sitting by fire inside.

20240114_181213.jpg

I grilled some yak burgers in 11 degree weather yesterday; I live in TX. Reminded me of UT, where I worked for a couple of years, but the sting on my fingers (from the cold, not the grill) was not fun at all. I salute your 1 degree endeavor!

• I like it 2

Kick off pour. Go Birds!

20240115_184249.thumb.jpg.1f2d3925192c1983639af151df96f426.jpg

The weakness of the Eagles defense is.......the Eagles defense.

• I like it 6

image.thumb.jpeg.54e3403696be9d4a4a4a737540ff1c6d.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.81b98c0d5d13e8992ff77186fbc3d8c3.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.4648fddde2252b36a1749f623c505bd2.jpeg

Have not touched this bottle in 10 years. Decided to touch it tonight. Enjoyable.

Pat

• I like it 14

Still culling and using the NFC Wild Card game as an excuse for weeknight drinking.

I think that you can guess who I'm pulling for😉

Blade & Bow in the glass.

20240115_202941.jpg

• I like it 6

Hitting up a MM Kenwood Liquors pick and Chattanooga BiB

Not bourbon, but opened a Balcones Rumble Cask from early 2010's - not good, just hot has hell and water can't tame it - I didn't like it at all. I love the Balcones 1 Single Malt, one of the best American single malts out there, and their budget friendly Lineage single malt is good too, but a lot of their other offerings aren't in my wheelhouse

• I like it 3

30 minutes ago, Patrick_OKC said:

image.thumb.jpeg.54e3403696be9d4a4a4a737540ff1c6d.jpeg

Have not touched this bottle in 10 years. Decided to touch it tonight. Enjoyable.

Pat

Wow, nice!

• I like it 1

2 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Wow, nice!

Well, it is cold tonight. 

• I like it 2

Working on another one for the recycle bin.

MM46 in the glass.

20240115_210919.jpg

• I like it 5

14 hours ago, Patrick_OKC said:

image.thumb.jpeg.54e3403696be9d4a4a4a737540ff1c6d.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.81b98c0d5d13e8992ff77186fbc3d8c3.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.4648fddde2252b36a1749f623c505bd2.jpeg

Pat

That is aching of beauty my friend!  Enjoy!😲

• I like it 1

I had come Redwood Empire Pipe Dream. Very mellow and polite. I would probably pour this if someone was new to bourbon and wanted to see what its all about. Its mild and nothing off putting so, a good entry point for the uninitiated. Falls into the FRYL, Basil Hayen category for me of good beginner bourbons.

Probably, the next to last pour of this ETL Commemorative 93 proof bottle.  It’s been open a good while, but the re-seals must have been very good, as it tastes immaculate, tonight.  

AA407616-CB95-4F0A-927E-578AE729741E.jpeg

• I like it 10