What Bourbon Are You Drinking - Winter 2023?

Skinsfan1311

Started with a Bulliet, on to a KC9, so smooth and now a ECBP C922. Starting a prep sauce for some spinach/ricotta raviolis for later.   

• I like it 2

On 1/19/2024 at 8:00 PM, smokinjoe said:

If anyone had told me that I would buy multiple bottles of Legent before I purchased my first, I would have said they were crazy.  It’s a friggin’ gimmick, I thought!  Years later I’m several in, and really enjoy it.  Color me, surprised…and content.  Picked up another today, and using it to take the edge off of a wicked week at the plastic factory.  😵‍💫

710F6620-5155-42AE-8E47-6425B64A85FC.jpeg

I dig the Legent too!    I like the price for a unique, flavorful product.   

This is really, really, really, good whiskey, as I continue to slowly advance into this bottle.   The nose, in particular.  So good, I’m almost compelled not to take a sip due to the enjoyment.  But the sip is not a letdown.  It keeps pace.  

B2B87D50-EAD2-49FC-871E-D892EF4E4AB8.jpeg

• I like it 4

5 hours ago, Grady330 said:

Started with a Bulliet, on to a KC9, so smooth and now a ECBP C922. Starting a prep sauce for some spinach/ricotta raviolis for later.   

You had me at your bourbon list and then you had to throw in spinach/ricotta ravioli.  😮😎

A great bourbon lineup and food menu.

34 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

This is really, really, really, good whiskey, as I continue to slowly advance into this bottle.   The nose, in particular.  So good, I’m almost compelled not to take a sip due to the enjoyment.  But the sip is not a letdown.  It keeps pace.  

Sounds awesome.  I hope you are enjoying another healthy pour and the football games. 

1 hour ago, Grain Belt said:

I dig the Legent too!    I like the price for a unique, flavorful product.   

We had a local retailer who had Legent for $10 a bottle a year or two ago.   It wasn't on clearance since they restocked for around $40 a bottle.  I picked up several bottles at the cheap price.  It is a very good whiskey even at $40 a bottle.  Everyone I know who has tried it has been pleasantly surprised.  

True story.  My first introduction to Legent was when a buddy that I worked with told me about it and then brought me the last 1/3 of a bottle to try.  I drank the entire 1/3 of a bottle in one sitting.  Yes, over several hours. 😮  The next time he saw me, he asked how I liked it.  I told him although I fell asleep after drinking it, I think I liked it.  😀

• I like it 5

Enjoyed a pour of Hard Truth High Road Rye, followed by HMcK10 to stave off the Sunday Night scaries while watching the Chiefs-Bills game.  Both are stellar whiskeys.  I will have another smallish pour and then call it a weekend. 

@fishnbowljoe It is getting close to 8 pm.  Football game, Hallmark movie, Home Town will all be on at the same time.  Fingers crossed, hoping that my wife can't find the tv controller and doesn't check the fill level on my bourbon glass.  🤪

• I like it 4

1 hour ago, smokinjoe said:

Very nice. I have not had this one, but have had two from the Master's Collections series. Think I came across them while I was commuting to Kennesaw in 2018-2021. 

Pat

Working down my only remaining Bookers. I usually imbibe neat, but on occasion I will enjoy on-the-rocks. That is doing the trick tonight.

Pat

image.thumb.jpeg.24f13b8582389c7dbeae2da51f8ce08d.jpeg

• I like it 5

On 1/17/2024 at 10:30 PM, Thomm said:

Finishing off the last of the Kentucky Vintage tonight. This Willet stuff is so cinnamon-forward, it kind of works to the detriment of anything else in the flavor profile.  

Drinking  non-chill filtered Wild Turkey Rare Breed and watching Bills-Chiefs. No rooting interest, just hoping for a great finish to the second half. Killed a dusty Wild Turkey 101 earlier (will post to the bottle graveyard thread in a bit) so it’s definitely a Turkey kind of night. 

• I like it 3

40 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Enjoyed a pour of Hard Truth High Road Rye, followed by HMcK10 to stave off the Sunday Night scaries while watching the Chiefs-Bills game.  Both are stellar whiskeys.  I will have another smallish pour and then call it a weekend. 

@fishnbowljoe It is getting close to 8 pm.  Football game, Hallmark movie, Home Town will all be on at the same time.  Fingers crossed, hoping that my wife can't find the tv controller and doesn't check the fill level on my bourbon glass.  🤪

Get a laptop or tablet. Get an app(s), and then stream what you want.  🤷🏻‍♂️ We have Xfinity. My wife uses the Xfinity app to stream things on her iPad when riding her exercise bike or if I’m watching one of “my” programs. Our cable box has a built in dvr, so we can also record a number of hours of programming. FYI, I don’t have many programs that I can call mine. Y‘alll know the deal.  🤔

• I like it 3

RRSBSP - CNB in the glass tonight.  Rainy evening but feels like Spring here today.  I will take the rain over snow and ice anytime.  

IMG_1238.jpeg

• I like it 4

Wild Turkey Revival while I stare at the pile of work that is piling up on my desk…🤪

582E57DE-8343-437A-836C-71BFFB1E05D2.jpeg

• I like it 9

I told my boss's boss that I need to divest work that is not directly related to my position.  Obviously, my boss knew and understands my position.  As an engineer, I cover a lot of different engineering responsiblities.  He interpreted this to mean that we need to add another engineer to support me.  I have been antsy about bringing in another engineer since I don't want to train my replacement.  Once you hit 60, that is always a concern. That ship has sailed.  Fortunately, the job posting another engineer position has been posted for a few weeks with very few applicants.  

I am drowning my sorrows, er, celebrating with a few pours of HMcK10.  Now should I tell my bosses "See bitches.  No one wants this s...t, you should give me a raise?" Nah, I will celebrate in silence.

• I like it 6

3 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Wild Turkey Revival while I stare at the pile of work that is piling up on my desk…🤪

582E57DE-8343-437A-836C-71BFFB1E05D2.jpeg

That's a small pour.  Or is it?  😀

6 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

That's a small pour.  Or is it?  😀

It is sub-average.  But, I wanted to leave one last pour for tomorrow!!😂

• I like it 2

13 minutes ago, markandrex said:

IMG_1239.png

The bottom right is the most accurate. 😀

But, when I meet with other engineers, I talk a good game.  😜

• I like it 2

Does this count? It's actually not too bad. I like the texture the alcohol gives it.

The HW Cask Collection Chardonnay Finish isn't bad either.

20240123_210638.jpg

• I like it 4

OF 1910, KC 9, MM BEP. Was a good night!!  My last bottle of the BEP😥🙁

• I like it 1

I decided to take a break from MM and MM 101. I moved a couple of spaces to he left on my shelf and  had BT and  ER last night.  😁

IMG_3543.thumb.jpeg.afaa5b77347e275ac292d402f6f46574.jpeg

• I like it 5

A sip of LB7. I think they nailed it with this one. Much better than LB6.

• I like it 1

I found a Four Roses T-Shirt at the bottom of the drawer that I haven’t worn in quite awhile because I have so many damn T-Shirts many get buried.  Very glad to uncover it!   So, I wore it today, and figured I’d unbury a 4R that is at the back of the cabinet awaiting a special occasion like this…🤣

2BD72A3B-8713-40C4-B297-0427C4C12F4C.jpeg

• I like it 8

It's a weekday. Don't care. Excess.

Thanks to Obree for this one.

Booker 2016-1.jpg

• I like it 6