What are you drinking tonight, Spring '08

ggilbertva
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Montsant Can Blau 2006 - fantastic value spanish red @ $15/bottle. WA 92. I'd rate it a 90-91. Great nose. Fruity (berries) and peppery. Not very tannic. Extremely drinkable.

18228.jpg

Stillbrook Corn Whiskey BIB from 1977. A dusty find that I picked up out of curiosity. Very interesting - better than I thought it would be. It's a great way to learn the flavor contribution corn makes to bourbon.

It's sweet, nice mouthfeel with lots of cream corn, not surprisingly. Bananas are noticeable as well.

Yesterday was my birthday (48th), so to celebrate the occasion I opened my Pappy 20 and was drinking that last night, great stuff! A couple of friends gifted me with a bottle of Weller Antique and one of EC18. It was a great night of playing music and partying with friends!

just finished off a nice pour of 80 proof Early Times. Not sure of the bottling date but it lacks the UPC so maybe mid to late 70's.

I went to an early birthday party, so I started with some Knob and Coke Zero. Now that I'm home watching hoops, time to bust out the WTKS.

:hot: :hot: :hot:

Bad omen. The cool decorative wooden cap separated from the cork when I tried to open the WTKS. I don't feel like messing with a corkscrew, so the bottle's going back and I'm really bummed.

Tonight, I cooked a close approximation to Emeril Lagasse's jambalaya for my family. I used smoked sausage and ham instead of andouille and chicken.

While I was cooking, I had a healthy pour of Wild Turkey 101 on the rocks. The jambalaya was excellent. With dinner, we had a 2006 Bordeaux Superieur. It was also excellent. :cool:

Tim

Gonna revisit an old friend. Went out today and picked up a bottle of ERSB for myself, and a bottle of ETL for a friend of mine for his birthday. (I'm going to try and convert him from Jack.:rolleyes: ) There was a bottle of Rebel Yell on the shelf. I just couldn't resist. It was one of, if not the, first whiskey I ever had, some 35 years ago. So I'm going to have a Rebel Yell and Coke tall, and have a seat in my recliner. Y'all have a good night now, ya hear. Yeeeeee Haaaaa! Joe

PS I can say Y'all and do the yell because both sides of my family are from Tennessee.:slappin:

Bad omen. The cool decorative wooden cap separated from the cork when I tried to open the WTKS. I don't feel like messing with a corkscrew, so the bottle's going back and I'm really bummed.

Scott,

That WTKS is some good stuff, hopefully you can rectify your problem!

It would be in my top 10, close to top 5. I found my current open bottle very similar to WTAS!

Scott (The imported one)

Rock Hills Farms neat in a snifter.

This whiskey don't take no days off. I've enjoyed this one every single time I've poured it. Earthy, yet still sweet.

Rock Hills Farms neat in a snifter.

This whiskey don't take no days off. I've enjoyed this one every single time I've poured it. Earthy, yet still sweet.

RHF is probably my favorite bourbon of all the ones I have had.

Tim

PVW 23 yr

PVW 20 yr

PVW 15 yr

ORVW 15yr 107

VW Lot B

ORVW 10/107

And I thought you only drank an oz a day!!!icon10.gif

However, what a great night you're having. Were you at some sort of tasting?

Did a blind tasting of the above. Funny thing, it did not come out like I thought... great experiment...

The pours were ~1/2 - 3/4 ounce of each and there is some of each left that I blended for kicks.... (less the 15/107 ORVW - it was the best of the bunch).

.. and for the record... it is an average of an ounce... I went many years with out a drop :rolleyes: :drinking: got to get that average up for a life time... :D :icon_pidu:

Did a blind tasting of the above. Funny thing, it did not come out like I thought... great experiment...

The pours were ~1/2 - 3/4 ounce of each and there is some of each left that I blended for kicks.... (less the 15/107 ORVW - it was the best of the bunch).

.. and for the record... it is an average of an ounce... I went many years with out a drop :rolleyes: :drinking: got to get that average up for a life time... :D :icon_pidu:

ahhh lifetime average! I like that... I guess mine's less than an oz for all those childhood years of being dry tooicon10.gif.

Tonight it's Centennial 13 yr and ending w/ ORVW 10/107 if all goes to plan.

Vintage 17, OGR 114, now Jeffersons reserve all good. I may finish with Bookers

James my firend... you catch on quick... tonight it will be the Winkle mix...

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!