What are you drinking tonight, Spring '08

ggilbertva
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Thanks to ILLfarmboy, tonight's pour here is Weller Antique. :grin:

Hirsch 16. I know it's popular, but not really one of my favorites. May even give away my bunkered bottle.:bigeyes:

First, it was a nice Ten Fidy Imperial Stout, and now ORVW 10/107, aka the go-to bottle.

The sweet, candy-like qualities of this are really going over well tonight.

Just finished a nice pour of Eagle Rare 10 yo - first time drinking this and did not disappoint.:cool:

Last night was a small pour of an early 80's Early Times and then moved on to some J.W. Corn Corn Whiskey.

No bourbon tonight. I am having Red Bull and vodka (Stoli). I am going to watch the philly/washington hockey game tonight at Buffalo Wild Wings and I need a little pick me up after my workout at the gym. At the restaurant I will most likely drink Miller Lite with my wings. Don't smash me too hard guys for not doing the bourbon thing tonight. I gotta switch it up sometimes.

I'm popuring shots of Four Roses Single Barrel from the The Party Source's special bottiling over cracked ice.

It is nice.

That's my only problem with FR Single Barrel! The open bottle never seems to stay full long!

I'm drinking some Weller Antique 9 yr. old (Harlen's Barrel) Very nice stuff, it has quite a bit more to offer than the standard bottling, smoother, sweeter and just a tad bit more char...all of which exentuate the goodness in this bottle even more!

Cheers!

Tony

I made a reference to the movie Stripes in conversation with a guy at work today and he looked at me like I had an arm sticking out of my forehead. I asked him if he ever saw the movie and he said no. At that point it hit me that he wasn't even born when it was released. :skep:

Since that exchange made me feel old, I'm enjoying short pours of OGD BIB, OGD114, Old Forester Signature and Old Weller Antique.

If he calls me pappy one of these days, I'll be able to drink to a theme that night too.

Thanks to Tony, I had a sample of Wild Turkey Tradition. After that, I moved on to some J.W. Corn Corn Whiskey and Blenheim Hot Ginger Ale....a really nice pairing.

speech went well.

winding down with a small pour of OGD 114 on the left, a small pour of WLW 05 on the right and some peanut m&ms...

Last night it was PH 122.6 (was tasting a little woody last night), OFB-day '07 (actually killed it...nice bourbon!), then hit the PVW15 for good measure.

Whatever is the best bourbon they have at the restaurant where we're having our bowling banquet. I have a couple of empty 50 ml bottles that I use to sneak my stuff into the bowling alley. Might put some ETL or ER in them just in case.:drinking: Joe

Woodford Reserve...one more pour left in the bottle, then I'll want to replace it with something new (well, new to me anyway)... Looking for something in the 10-12 yr range...Maybe ORVW 10/107 to compare with my recently purchased Weller Antique.

-Joe

I am finally back home for a couple days, and quite happy to access to my stash. I had a couple people over and we had a 10 bottle tasting. First round was visible, second round was blind. It was a blast. these were the 10.

Pappy 23

WTAS

Lot B

Evan Williams SB 1997

WTRB

Larue weller 07

Stagg 07

Pappy 20

ER 17

Parker Heritage 127

Can anyone say bulletproof !!!icon_smile_big.gif

A Grant's Rusty Nail and a shot of Goslings Black Seal/limeade back.

Yesterday was one of those absolutely glorious Spring days... middle 70's, bright sunshine and brilliant blue skies.

We took a day off and went down to Keeneland with the neighbors. The dogwoods are in bloom and there was energy flowing through the crowd. Spending the afternoon in the warm sunshine with good friends; drinking BT and cursing the ponies. Springtime in Kentucky doesn't get much better than that.

My father-in-law passed away suddenly and at too young of an age last August. Today was the day that his ashes were interred in a niche with a beautiful scenic view, so the day started about 4 hours earlier than my normal Saturday. By the time dinner rolled around at a local steak joint, I was more than primed for a double WT101 and diet coke. That was followed by couple Knob and Coke Zeros at a good friends house and now that I'm home, I'm enjoying Ezra Brooks 90 with some Coke Zero.

Caffeine is a wonderful drug.

Beautiful day here in VA....low 80's (warm for April) so me and kids finished painting the tractor shed, did some powerwashing, plowed the garden and repaired a garden hose.....whew! Sat on the porch sipping a Very Old Barton BIB and then did some grilling.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!