What are you drinking tonight, Spring '08

ggilbertva
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I had some Saz 18 with dinner followed by a cup of coffee.

Then I sat down to watch a move and had some older Cabin Still bottled about 1980, 86pf. Terrific stuff. It reminded me of the Pappy 15 for some reason. I know they're both wheaters, but this was really close, much more so than any other wheater I've tried.

Went rather light tonight with some mid 80's Old Fitz Prime 80, followed by some '99 Old Fitz Prime 80.

An eclectic night of short-pours:

80's era AAA 10YO

EW Black with 7YO age statement

Rock Hill Farms, current production

I enjoyed them all, though the RHF is hard to beat. I'm going to be very sad when this beautiful bottle hits the bottom. I got it in a very round-a-bout way (two other SBers handled it first), and the price I paid is 1/3 of what it costs in MI. C'est la vie.

Just plain 'ole Pap 15....

Pap 15 is anything but plain...:grin:

Last night it was Antique as I'm up in Canada and brought an inexpensive bottle with me to leave behind.... man do I miss my Pappy's

Currently tippling on some VWFRR. As delicious as always. I still can't get over how amazing the nose always is.

Later on, I might pour some OFBB '06. Depends on what I do tonight!

after the Old Fitz 1849 and Weller Special Reserve, I had Bulleit which tasted great. For my fourth pour, I figured it would be a waste to drink good bourbon, so I had some Canadian Mist. It lacked bourbony taste of course. I decided I had enough and poured out the glass and preserved my sanity.

Single pour of Lot B. For the first time in a long time I was drinking someone else's bourbon. :grin:

Tonight, after spending the day helping my daughter move, I enjoyed a nice cigar and a pour of Elijah Craig 12 YO, on the rocks. Made for a good combination.

Julio's Weller for a starter with some m&m's! Makes this one almost fruity! Really good stuff. I 'm glad Oscar got lots of it :slappin: ! Just kidding but I know he'll share when I visit.

Cheers!

Tony

Hey Tony,

I'm on the Four Roses Single Barrel from the Party Source.

Still plenty left.

Very nice.

Bookers cut to 114 proof. Comparing to ODG 114, both Beam products. The Bookers is showing its relative youth in comparison to the OGD. I also find the Bookers with more heat even at the same proof.

Pappy 15 after watching Immelman win the Masters; a few nervous moments there on the last holes. Good thing he had a cushion.

Ledson Sauvignon Blanc 2006 with baby back ribs for dinner. Hopefully more bourbon later.

Celebrated my fathers birthday today so we lifted a glass of early/mid 80's Old Crow. A really good pour even at 80 proof.

After 3 days away from my stash drinking Antique I'm home and enjoying a real nice pour of VW Lot b and next maybe PVW20

Sampled some 23yr EW (thanks spuncookie!), and a pour of mid '80s Old Crow. It was only 80pf, but it tastes like more - 86pf at least. Outstanding bourbon.

I wish I could get my hands on an OC BIB.

A little Booker's tonight. The high proof burn isn't suiting me right now so I added a splash of spring water, feels like about 100 proof now. Tasty.

Cheers!

Wild Turkey Rare Breed, purchased at the duty free shop in Dulles for $29 out the door, no sales tax. It had to go to Germany with me roundtrip, but it survived nicely. Why I didn't buy two escapes me at the moment, but I must have had a good reason.

This is a darn good tasting whiskey.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!