What are you drinking tonight, Spring '08

ggilbertva
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Starting with Centennial 13 yr (Julio's) and then I plan on reaching for some ORVW 10/107 that I haven't had in a long while.

WTKS 1995 Pewter top, this is a great pour! A bit more wood than the last bottle 96 I finished.

Cheers!

Tony

My first taste of Wiliam Larue Weller '07

So far, so good

Out of bourbon, so tonight it's Bruichladdich 15. Not overly impressive, but it's a high quality pour and it is growing on me.

Cheers to all.

Evan Williams SB 1997, not as good as some earlier years I have tasted. I found it much to my surprise at a bar I had not visited in quite some time. The Bourbon/Rye selection showed more than what I am used to seeing in these parts.

30 beers on Tap and a tasty menu doesn't hurt either.

OGD 114 upon my return home. Finishing with EC 12 ...one cube.

Out of bourbon, so tonight it's Bruichladdich 15. Not overly impressive, but it's a high quality pour and it is growing on me.

Cheers to all.

Out of Bourbon? No, Really...Out?

This had to be by design, such an accident would be inconceivable to the vast majority of this board.

Not even a Jim Beam White?

Caught a few minutes of Stanhope on TV the other night, had not see him before. Pretty edgy, somewhat confrontational stuff. He makes you squirm a little but he's really hip and seems pretty informed. I dug him.

Second pour of Bruichladdich here.

Cheers!

Pulled out my SW Old Fitz BIB. A '65 distillate that's simply....amazing.

Had my first taste of WT Rare Breed and it was exquisite. I could not believe it was 108 proof. I will not dig into this bottle like I usually do because of the price. But I am drinking Eli Craig to finish the night off. Its okay but not in my top bourbons.

Started the bottle of Weller Antique I bought last night. It was worth the wait. What a delicious and powerful bourbon...and I've still got a few sips left....it deserves every bit of the praise you guys have given it!

-Joe

A few days ago I had both Jack Daniels Silver Select and George Dickel Barrel Select.

What's the verdict between the GD and the JD. Interested in your opinion.

Joe :usflag:

I thought I might put my answer in the Other American Whiskey Tastings under the thread on George Dickel Barrel Select.

Tonight I had both the GDBS and J.W. Corn 100pf 4yr Corn Whiskey. My impressions of the J.W. Corn can be found here. I had been posting and reading about them, so I did it in the name of science and research.

I'm just that dedicated.

Out of bourbon ....

And you call yourself an Advanced Taster? Shame on you! :slappin: But your selection of Scotch is perfectly acceptable.

My change of pace pour, Bernheim Original.

And you call yourself an Advanced Taster? Shame on you! :slappin: But your selection of Scotch is perfectly acceptable.

Ow, ya hurt me, Murf. I need to rectify that situation, I know. I usually have no more than five bottles maximum at any given time. I go through 'em and see which ones I want to replace when I'm done. Don't think I'll get another Booker's for awhile, but I do really need some bourbon in the cabinet.

Tonight it's a nice pour of Bruichladdich 15 again.

I bow in honor to you guys with the well stocked bunkers and raise a glass to you.

Cheers!

ORVW 15/107 Lawrenceburg last night. Noticing a pretty heavy oily film at the bottom of the glass this morning. Was this not chillfiltered? If not, bravo.

Last night at Cam's house we sampled a few different things....

SB Pappy 23

WLW 06

Pappy 15

Lot B

OGD 114

Old Fitz 1849

While out for dinner we enjoyed a couple of Maker's Marks and I had a New Orleans Sazerac made with Maker's. It was interesting to say the least. I just can't get my head around Pernod.

Scott

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!