What Bourbon Are You Drinking? Summer 2009

spun_cookie
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Tonight I'm enjoying a nice pour of Buffalo Trace on the rocks. I really like this bourbon.

Yesterday I had EC 12 before dinner and WLW 2008 neat after. The first is the best bottle of that brand I have tasted and the later is one of the best bourbons I have ever tasted (at its best without water). To my personal taste it tastes like my old-time regular/favourite ORVW 10-107 on steroids.

Leif

FRSMLE2009RBSKSBW....yummy in my tummy

and some WT Rye

and some FR120th...tasty treat

I did have WR and EC 12 before dinner yesterday. After dinner I had OFBB fall 90-03 and WT 12 export together with 5 different bars of high quality dark chocolate. Both me and my lady partner did agree that the BB bourbon did go better with the chocolate.

Leif

Following some Moose Drool brown ale and Bridgeport IPA with dinner, I'm opening the bourbons now. Lined up for tonight:

- Rittenhouse BIB

- a vatting of about 10 whiskeys that I put together recently

- Wild Turkey RR 101

I'm on my third glass of Wathen's Single Barrell that I picked up earlier in the week. Its not that bad considering I only bought it because I never heard of it.

Took a good friend out for a beer for his birthday and tried to order bourbon. In the loud bar, a Beam Black was ordered and a Johnny Walker black was delivered.

Not what I was looking for. Bleah.

When the Beam Black on the rocks showed up (with a 1.00 refund) something in the glass other than whiskey and ice caught my eye.

Fruit flies...10 or 12 or more of them in the bourbon. Ewww.

Ended up with beer, but I tried to drink bourbon.

The bartender took the bottle into the kitchen, looked at the bottle in the light, pronounced it clean and replaced it on the bar with a "gee, they normally go after the sweet stuff". :bigeyes:

Damn. If they have a kitchen I certainly wouldn't eat the food there.

No bourbon yesterday but Dickel 8 before dinner and 12 after. It was quit a wile since I had no 8 last and it tasted much better than I did remember. If there is an 80 proof bourbon or rye that taste as good as this, just let me know. I haven’t found one yet.

Leif

No bourbon yesterday but Dickel 8 before dinner and 12 after. It was quit a wile since I had no 8 last and it tasted much better than I did remember. If there is an 80 proof bourbon or rye that taste as good as this, just let me know. I haven’t found one yet.

Leif

The Fleischmann's Rye is the only other 80 proof American whiskey that I can think of that is that good.

The Fleischmann's Rye is the only other 80 proof American whiskey that I can think of that is that good.

Thank you very much Timothy. Unfortunately as I understand from reading this forum, that brand is hard to find even for native Americans.

Leif

FR Small Batch in a Riedel while watching the race. I'm tired of looking at this bottle, so I must kill it tonight.

Sippin' on my newly purchased OGD 114. $20. Barrel proof...and $20. Does it get any better than that? Beam is the 800 lb Gorilla (or, is that 600 lb Gorilla? :confused:). Whatever. They've done some things that we all can question, or gripe about. But, this baby makes everything good, with me. As always, I'm getting that slightly burnt corner of the brownie pan...:yum:

Enjoying a nice pour of Blanton's with a few tracks from the CD "The Ground" by the excellent jazz pianist Tord Gustavsen.

After multiple Cahiprinas at a Brazillian event....I had a KC @ the next bar now I'm home slipping into the sweet bliss of Four Roses Single Barrel and some Anthony Rother.

Went to a local political "thank you" party from our local state senator. Afterwards, we went to our friends (who's on the county board) for pizza and drinks. Trying to get through the drought. Had a few KC and Cokes. :grin: Joe

Went over to friends house for dinner and brought along a bottle o VWFRR. Man that is good stuff. :cool:

I'm getting that slightly burnt corner of the brownie pan...:yum:

damn, sounds killer.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!