Empty Bottle Support Group 2011

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Finished off the last three ounces of a bottle of Blanton's that was left over from my 50th birthday party. I thoroughly enjoyed the bottle while it lasted but I'll be seeking something new from the bunker rather than replacing it any time soon.

Polished off the May BOTM FR yellow last night while glued to the hockey game. I can see it making a reappearance as a value bottle.

Adios to a beautiful bottle of Springbank 10. You bourbon-only guys don't know what you're missing!:grin:

Last night in chat I had the last pour from a '91 Old Fitz BIB, in Tim's honor.

Four Roses SB OBSK - Binny's (once again thanks to Amy & Josh - love them road trips to Chicago).

Delicious!!

Lucky I have another bottle in the bunker.

Also picked up a OBSO back in Jan.

A bottle of Bulleit hit the dust tonight. This will definitely be replaced at some point in the future because I seem to be one of the few that actually like this bourbon.

A bottle of Bulleit hit the dust tonight. This will definitely be replaced at some point in the future because I seem to be one of the few that actually like this bourbon.

I found it to be slightly different and not bad. There are other bourbons I like better, but I'll probably buy the Bulleit again at some point.

Just finished up a bottle of Black Maple Hill. This isn't a bad bourbon, but I'm not sure when/if it will be replaced.

My one and only bottle of Basil Hayden's hit the trash tonight as well.

Guest wripvanwrinkle

A Frankfort Old Charter 10 gives it's last drop. At first this bottle was all butter and corn, though near it's end it's subtle spicy complexity grew on me.

Finally finished off the Col. E. H. Taylor. Nothing bad about this. But I found it sorta ho-hum --- nothing to really recommend. I'm glad I tried it and I hope BT does much, much better when they get around to the "regular" Taylor release(s).

Just poured the last dram out of my 1962 VOF bottle, and am savoring every sip.

Anyone know where I can score another one??:grin:

A 1 Liter bottle of Old Fitz BIB gave up it's last pour tonight. I have a case of 1 Liter bottles in the bunker so all is well.:cool:

I just emptied my first PVW 15 from the 2011 spring allocation. I'm going to try to hold off opening another of the 3 I have from this spring until the next bunch comes in in the fall. I have a PVW 20, a lot B, a ORVW 10 107 and 10 90 open.

I used the bottle to dump all the crap I find offensive hiding in the cabinet. Hoping something good will blend up.

... I used the bottle to dump all the crap I find offensive hiding in the cabinet. Hoping something good will blend up.

An Old Charter 10 y/o gave up it's last pour. It was not doing for me tonight so I returned to a bottle of AAA 10 y/o.

RR Rye gave its last pour to a short Manhattan last evening..... matched with Dolin Vermouth..

ER 101 Lawrenceburg from 1983ish is hitting the recycle bin tonight....this bottle was the first good dusty that I ever found.

My wife was thinking about pouring all of my bottles with 1/3 or less left into one bottle to consolidate... I was aghast at the thought of my dozen or so open bottles that are that low that cost many hard earned dollars all poured into one giant 1.75 L handle.

I think scotch drinkers call this 'a living bottle'. I wouldn't pour my good bottles into such a place nor would my gf. These are all bottom shelf bottles.

Tonight a 1 liter bottle of AAA 10 y/o will give up it's last pour. I will then get another one from the bunker. I've decided that on the bourbons that I like I will get them in 1 liter bottles if offered. It's only a couple of bucks more and they last me longer.

PVW 15 gave up its final pour yesterday....always a difficult thing to deal with!

The last week or two has seen 1792 Barrel "C", Lot B, Pappy 15, ORVW 10/107, and a E.H. Taylor BIB pour their last. Good, gone, not forgotten. :frown: Joe

10 Stagg, ORVW 10/90, 09 ER17, WTAS, and a WTRB. Lots of fine booze... Dust in the wind...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.