Empty Bottle Support Group 2011

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Killed a Rare Breed 03RB tonight, so I'm thinning the open herd nicely.

Just poured the last from a bottle of AAA 10 year old. Guess I'll have to drag another from the bunker.

Bowman Small Batch Bourbon... nice pour, nothing special, not a great value...

An 07 WLW, and a liter of Old Forester BIB poured their last this past week. Joe

It's been some time since I emptied a bottle worth reporting, but I did tonight. This afternoon I was in the mood for some R/E 6 Willett but the cork disintegrated as I pulled it. I decided that I'd sacrifice another bottle to get a cork for the R/E 6yo. In a panic, I found two bottles nearing their end; a JRPS 17 and a VWFRR. Knowing I couldn't manage 2 ounces of the JRPS, I poured the last few ounces of the Van Winkle Rye.

So long old friend. Opened in spring 2010.

Finished off a MM 46. WAY better than the regular MM, but hardly great.

Emptied a bottle of 1849. Not something I would replace. With the recent PHC wheater, I'm hoping Heaven Hill's upcoming wheater will be a good, inexpensive offering.

On the way to finishing off another bottle of Old Charter 10. Need to pick some more up. I'm going to Minnesota on the 24th. Maybe I can find some there and save shipping.

Last drops of FRsmB. Enjoyed it, but for the $6 difference I think I will just go with the single barrel.

WT American Spirit bites the dust... very nice bottle that can still be found now and then for decent $$

emptied the last pours from bottles of WT101 and Weller 107 this evening, they are missed and will be replaced.

Guest wripvanwrinkle

An EWSB 2000 is drained. It quickly finds a second life as its replacement's cork (a WT 101 "old no 8") crumbles to dust.

finished off an ORVW 10/107 tonight... with a little Weller 12 mixed in to top off the pour. I liked it much more as it went; the ORVW 10/107 started off aggressive, with a pronounced alcohol tinge on the nose, but as the volume decreased inside the bottle, the sweet richness of the whiskey came out more prominently. By the end, it had a great balance between subtle sweetness and oaky finish, and the mouth feel was thick and definitely "chewy." Enjoyable.

finished off an ORVW 10/107 tonight.

No matter what the occasion that is a sad site to see.

I hope you recover.

Down goes a Weller 12.

It's so danged hot here that I chucked a handful of ice in to he last 3oz pour, and was reminded that as fine a whiskey as Weller 12 is, it doesn't handle ice that well.

OWA hit the personal recycle bin tonight (will be re-purposed to house something from the dark side....Laphroaig 15 yr.) I need to pick up another one of these for the bunker.

Last night after returning from a 2400 mile 7 day trip to Minnesota I finished off an open bottle of Eagle Rare 10 to wind down.

Bulleit Rye.... thank god this is done.. like mint mouth wash. mixed with a bit of lime, simple syrup and club soda for a bourbon Mojito.. the mint works here and good drink on a 95F day....

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.