What bourbon are you drinking in Australia? - Summer 2013

Stones
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

They use the same base whisky so other than age (Crow is three years, Jacob one) and color there shouldn't be much.

Isn't Beam White four years? Otherwise, noted.

Four work functions. Four nights. Now enjoying OGD 86proof with a Vegas Gold with King Diamond. Four Roses at cigar bar on Wednesday was great. So was multiple glasses of Hill of Grace tonight. All the best.

Hey guys,

First time poster, long time listener....

Absolutely over the moon Dickel 12 is available locally now. Hopefully it's the start of more availability down here.

Currently enjoying a glass of Four Roses Small Batch. Had some Jeffersons Rye earlier. Nice rye that one.

Merry Christmas folks! Regarding the Jeffersons Rye, I go back to the States semi frequently so carried it in on my person. Just wish I could bring more than 3 bottles each time!

Hope you all had a great Xmas, I cracked a 2007 WLW with some appreciative bourbon loving relatives, went down and still going down nicely. :)

I hope everyone had a great Xmas as well and that everyone is gearing up for a big NYE.

I must have been extra nice this year, as Santa treated me to more than a few bottles. Bernheim, Knob Creek, Buffalo Trace and that four pack of Jim Beam Mini bottles. Plus as a extra treat, the GF found a bottle of Wild Turkey Rye 101. She remembered me mentioning it and figured it was worth getting. Then proceeded to tell me that her local Dan's had three more bottles. Needless to say, they are now in my cupboard.

Also, whilst at Dan's picked up a couple of Glencairn glasses. At under 10 a pop, figured it was good to have spares. But I still couldnt pull the trigger on the Glencairn tasting set at 80. Thats still a little steep for my wallet.

All the best to all you guys, hope your holidays are going well.

Christmas day was good, a couple pours of PVW20 and WT tradition in the pair of glencairns I received, then some GD12 from the freezer which was nice. Plenty of food, 4 roasts! Lots of napping.

I hope everyone had a great Xmas as well and that everyone is gearing up for a big NYE.

I must have been extra nice this year, as Santa treated me to more than a few bottles. Bernheim, Knob Creek, Buffalo Trace and that four pack of Jim Beam Mini bottles. Plus as a extra treat, the GF found a bottle of Wild Turkey Rye 101. She remembered me mentioning it and figured it was worth getting. Then proceeded to tell me that her local Dan's had three more bottles. Needless to say, they are now in my cupboard.

Also, whilst at Dan's picked up a couple of Glencairn glasses. At under 10 a pop, figured it was good to have spares. But I still couldnt pull the trigger on the Glencairn tasting set at 80. Thats still a little steep for my wallet.

Santa is a pretty cool guy

Happy Holidays everyone! I hope you all survived without too bad a hang-over? Not much to drink this year... just a few Jim Beam and Cokes with plenty of ice in the heat and a few Makers neat when the weather cooled. Now we're home I might indulge something special for New Years.

And, welcome Dux, it's always great to see another new Aussie on the board!

I keep forgetting the hemispherical difference. While we're having hot toddys by the fireplace you guys are having iced G&Ts while searching for some shade.

Sounds like the Big Bend country in West Texas where everything growing or living there will sting, bite, kill or eat 'cha.

Started with Makers and Coke, went to Makers 46 neat, then went back to Makers and Coke. Seemed to suit the hot NYE night perfectly.

Started with Makers and Coke, went to Makers 46 neat, then went back to Makers and Coke. Seemed to suit the hot NYE night perfectly.

Agree. Ended the night with a Makers and Coke and then a Bulleit and Coke. Bulleit a much better mixer IMO.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.