What bourbon are you drinking in Australia? - Summer 2013

Stones
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Thanks Cam,

Reasonably quiet NYE on this end. Went into the city (SYD) to watch fireworks. All the cool kids were drinking old fashioneds etc at the bar I was at, clogging the line up so had to wait til I got home for some bourbon.

Few drops Pappy Lot B, some WT Rare breed (not a fan) and finished with High West Rendesvous Rye (outstanding).

Heres to 2014!

Watched the fire works from Taronga Zoo, where they had a no BYO policy and they only had scotch as a spirit to buy there. Got home with the girl and Bernheim and she had a KC.

Here is 2014 and more bourbon flowing to our shores!

Eagle Rare. I am really starting to get into this. Was not too sure when I first tried it...but now, I cant seem to get enough.

dammit. it is 12F/-11C here

Going to be 106 here today. I think they said if it hits 110 it'll break the record for highest temp since they started keeping official records. We're fine as we have aircon in every room and have friends a couple of streets over with a pool, but many do not. Typically on days like today the water parks, beaches and enclosed air conditioned shopping malls burst at the seems with people trying to escape the heat. The other issue is the power companies failing to keep up with the peak demand, so it could be an interesting day :)

Going to be 106 here today. I think they said if it hits 110 it'll break the record for highest temp since they started keeping official records. We're fine as we have aircon in every room and have friends a couple of streets over with a pool, but many do not. Typically on days like today the water parks, beaches and enclosed air conditioned shopping malls burst at the seems with people trying to escape the heat. The other issue is the power companies failing to keep up with the peak demand, so it could be an interesting day :)

Wow. 18 down here today.

Try putting a bottle of your GD12 in the freezer for awhile. Do it all summer long here.

Will give that a go.

Having a guest over. So far Elmer Lee, WT12, EC 18, OGD BIB & OGD 114. Plus some Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.

Celebrating starting a month vacation tomorrow with a pour of Dickel Barrel Select. Decent chilled but since its only 86proof doesn't handle ice well (more than a cube).

Pleasant and chewy. Had some WT rare breed earlier and found I'm not much of a fan. Can't put my finger on it.

Try using an ice ball in the lower proof drinks. Keeps them cool, but seems to melt a lot more slowly for some reason. If you don't have any trays, you'd probably pick a Makers Mark set up from the US for a few dollars plus shipping on ebay.

Or you could buy a Death Star ice ball just to be extra cool. :)

I also got on the weekend an icecube tray called King Cube. The cubes are about three times the normal size and seem to hold up all right, albeit not a good as a ice ball. It was like $12 from one of those stores like homemart in Liverpool.

Yeah those are the ones.

Using them for crushed ice is something I am going to try now. The though never occurred to me before.

Yeh a couple good taps in the mortar and pestle and the cubes shard very nicely, you can get some really good jagged rocks, only down side of me discovering this was having to explain to the missus why I preffered this low tech approach over the very expensive vintage 1950s crusher she bought me

"Umm I dont want to use it too often incase I break it?" Swing and a miss

...having to explain to the missus why I preffered this low tech approach over the very expensive vintage 1950s crusher she bought me

"Umm I dont want to use it too often incase I break it?" Swing and a miss

:D At least ya took the bat off your shoulder... :D

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=swing+batter+ferris+bueler+youtube&FORM=VIRE1#view=detail&mid=FB4FAA13420E1D75113EFB4FAA13420E1D75113E

Hah!

To this day still I practice an annual ritual of taking a "mental health day" and starting it at home in bed watching Ferris Bueller, feels good!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.