What bourbon did you pass up today? Winter '13/'14

tylermke
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Passed on a 2013-6 Booker's and a batch #2 Old Scout Rye. The OSR was mixed in with a bunch of batch #22, but I don't need any. I did want the Booker's, but I'm really trying to cut my spending way back this year.

Once again, but now at the highest price I've seen yet, PHC Promise of Hope @ $120. Seems a good many good hearted folk were willing to reach for it at $80-90 but this is way out of line IMHO.

Once again, but now at the highest price I've seen yet, PHC Promise of Hope @ $120. Seems a good many good hearted folk were willing to reach for it at $80-90 but this is way out of line IMHO.

Passed on an 80's OWA 7 paper label pint/375 for........$150. And a '13 THH. Just got one and that makes 3 I've left for karma in the past few weeks. Even in this crazy market they still seem to be the stepchild of the BTAC.

The OWA was at a store...for that much?!?

Yep. They found a "lost case" at the distributor. And being SW it's priced BX style.

Phone calls to the owner/boss never seem to go well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ain't that the truth. I had an identical experience w/ a WTKS pewter-top off the beaten path a year ago. Phoned-in price (with the son-employee also doing some internet-checking in front of me) was something like $120. An easy pass...on *everything* at that store.

OT: For the second time in as many months, I passed on some EW black-label 7yo. Priced reasonably, but the cabinet is full enough of other 7yos that (I think) I prefer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Passed on a James E. Pepper 1776 15 yr. old, never had it, can't remember ever seeing it...$115.00, it sure felt good in my hands though.

I agree. Very cool indeed. I just hope I'll be able to get a couple of bottles.

PHC POH they wanted too much and I have 2 already. EC21 Again too rich for me right now. I bought one of 3 Abraham Bowman the store had, if you are in Memphis, TN I can point you to where these were as of a couple days ago, may still be there. Its obvious store though. They also had a few liters of VOB BIB 6yr that I passed on. This store also had the George Dickel 9 and 14yr Private Selections. Had to pass them as well.

Am I just mean-spirited, or does anybody else think about an organized boycott of places like this? I definitely have a list of places in NYC that are never getting a dime or a (favorable) recommendation from me. I have pulled the distributor pricing from the State filings and these markups are at the retailer level, not the distributors or Buffalo Trace.

Damn, there is one bottle I know of around here for $70...and I've even passed on that.

A.H. Hirsch 25 @ $250 and A.H. Hirsch 28 @ $350. Neither of these seem like they are worth it, but please let me know if I am mistaken.

On my way for camping this weekend, stopped by a few stores along the way...

Stagg Jr from two different stores: $99 and $150

ORVW (2013) $299

LotB (2013) $399

Rockhill Farms $39.99

EC21 $149.99

RHF doesn't move around here, one place has marked it down to $42.50 and it's still collecting dust. Surprising what brands take off and what doesn't.

I passed up a few bottles of Weller SR. Out here in California, Weller has been severely cut back, so I've been grabbing every bottle I can find, but I have plenty of that one. Still hunting OWA and W12...

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!