What bourbon are you drinking? Summer 14

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Another night, another pour of KCSB.

Last night, I set my glass aside for about 45 minutes while I made dinner. When I came back to the whiskey, I was really surprised at how much it had mellowed out. When I first cracked this one, I noted the bottle seemed to be a bit hotter than the other ones I've tried. I'm going to experiment with giving this bottle it a little more time in the glass once poured.

At work tonight so stuck with two parts hydrogen to one part oxygen. Maybe I'll have a pour of something real good when I get home in the morning!!

Went out with a buddy for his birthday last night and found a local bar with an 07 bottle of Pappy 23 that was charging 20 bucks for a 2 ounce pour. Since the bottle barely had 2 ounces left after the bartender finished pouring our two drinks, she just divided the rest between our two glasses and said enjoy! Not a bad way to celebrate a birthday!

Went out with a buddy for his birthday last night and found a local bar with an 07 bottle of Pappy 23 that was charging 20 bucks for a 2 ounce pour. Since the bottle barely had 2 ounces left after the bartender finished pouring our two drinks, she just divided the rest between our two glasses and said enjoy! Not a bad way to celebrate a birthday!

Congrats Gary No HHSS on hand so a 4RYLBP will be poured in your honor this evening.

Celebrating a new job offer with a big pour of some HHSS.

Went WTRB followed by KCSB....the RB has definitely improved over the last few months.

Look forward to revisiting it again

Been hitting my RHF bottle lately. I really enjoy it, and am glad I stocked up on a few bottles when I had the chance recently. IMHO, there is that little something missing that would make it a great bourbon, but it sure is a really good bourbon. Also on an EWSB kick--just solid stuff (enjoying an '03, for which I have a couple of backups, and some '04 store picks in reserve as well).

Been hitting my RHF bottle lately. I really enjoy it, and am glad I stocked up on a few bottles when I had the chance recently. IMHO, there is that little something missing that would make it a great bourbon, but it sure is a really good bourbon. Also on an EWSB kick--just solid stuff (enjoying an '03, for which I have a couple of backups, and some '04 store picks in reserve as well).

I agree Jeffrey, and think the only thing missing is a few proof points. I really wish BT would give us Blanton's at BP to fill this void.

Based on that, I think I'm going to do a SBS of a couple of high proof Turkey's tonight. Maybe a RB 112 vs RRSmbSB 110.

Got a room downtown to celebrate with my wife. We packed an open bottle of Booker's and had a pour for early happy hour. We ordered the following between us,

EH Taylor - good citrus

Garrison Brothers - hers, it was the least impressive Garrison release I've sampled but only had a taste.

(these were ordered at the 1/2 price happy hour at the Chavez.)

/ beer break / change locations /

Knob Creek

High West Double Rye, she liked it

Rittenouse Virux Carre

Mitchner's Rye, hadn't had it before, wasn't moved to put it on the buy list.

I finished with a Bulliet.

Was tempted to order a Saz 18, but it was too expensive, and knew she wouldn't be happy if I tried to order the Willett 21. It was on the menu but didn't see it on the shelf. Need glasses so I can see what is hiding in the back rows.

Got a room downtown to celebrate with my wife. We packed an open bottle of Booker's and had a pour for early happy hour. QUOTE]

The earlier the happier...

The earlier the happier...

Indeed!

Today I managed to find the fist non-inflated ETL Commemorative bottle I have personally run across, so grabbed that and a Weller 12.

Sippin' on, but not particularly diggin' on this newly purchased Old Forester 100 pr. :( Has me a little more than concerned...

Sippin' on, but not particularly diggin' on this newly purchased Old Forester 100 pr. :( Has me a little more than concerned...

Weird. I'm in the same boat here. I thought I liked this stuff but maybe it's just not what I wanted tonight. :skep:

Block 15 (local brewery) pick of EC12. Possibly the sweetest bourbon I have ever tasted and completely outside what I have experienced as the EC profile. Wish I could get a bottle of my own.

Weller 12. Last pour from a bottle open for about a year. Barrel char not so obvious and a really nice cocoa woodiness. As I live in the Weller 12 desert of NJ, I am trying to savor it as I won't get another until I can find one while traveling on business.

Soccer ended early tonight due to storms. Came home and opened with a nice pour of Crown HKM BIB, Warehouse P, and then followed up with a Big Red WTKS. Both are really great! Now listening to the storm front coming through.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!