What bourbon did you purchase today? Winter 2015-16 edition.

dcbt
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 hour ago, Gunnar said:

Now y'all making me nervous about EC12. I quite like it so I had to pick up a few at my local CVS ($22.29 if you get 6). They still said 12yo on the back. Haven't seen any with the 12 on the front for quite a while here (except for the only one I have left).

WHAT? CVS carries booze?  Are we talking about the CVS Pharmacy?  If so, I need to move to CA!

4 minutes ago, starhopper said:

WHAT? CVS carries booze?  Are we talking about the CVS Pharmacy?  If so, I need to move to CA!

Starhopper I agree with you.  It appears in some states you can buy bourbon in pharmacies, grocery stores, Sam's.  We are sort of restricted here on where we can buy it.

2 hours ago, Gunnar said:

Now y'all making me nervous about EC12. I quite like it so I had to pick up a few at my local CVS ($22.29 if you get 6). They still said 12yo on the back. Haven't seen any with the 12 on the front for quite a while here (except for the only one I have left).

same here, I haven't seen the red 12 in quite a few months.  the last I saw was a 1.75L bottle, which now that I think about it, I should've picked up.  the ones I got still say 12 year on the back with the new label on the front.

Some of the guys on the board replied that I shouldn't have passed last week on CEHT barrel proof at $63 - I already have most of a bottle on the shelf and was buying a couple of other $50 bottles on that trip. Over the week, I thought about it and went back to grab that CEHT but of course it was gone. Bonus was that I scored a bottle of ECBP for $54 after 10% coupon. Limit of one bottle, but then I went down the road and found another for $60. That second one will go to a friend. Left one on the shelf at each of the two stores. They said they had each gotten only 6. 

I got a few bottles of EC12 today as well as some Russell's Reserve SB Rye and a Private Selection FRSB.

W12 for $33.99. The supply at my hidden gem store has been depleted.  Someone found the store and pretty much cleared the shelves of all Weller offerings.

1 hour ago, Golzee said:

W12 for $33.99. The supply at my hidden gem store has been depleted.  Someone found the store and pretty much cleared the shelves of all Weller offerings.

One of my stores put OWA and Weller12 in the back because some guy from Indiana swept the shelves two days in a row. I'm fine with it though, because when I come in he just ask me how many I want! Actually worked out pretty good!

37 minutes ago, Louisiana said:

One of my stores put OWA and Weller12 in the back because some guy from Indiana swept the shelves two days in a row. I'm fine with it though, because when I come in he just ask me how many I want! Actually worked out pretty good!

Gotta look out for those Indiana guys. :D

A few days ago I passed on Makers Mark Cask Strength on sale for $43 per 750ml, but after giving it some thought I decided I should pick up a bottle. Dropped in today and there was one bottle left... Rang up for $29! Told the clerk it had to be a mistake but liquor manager confirmed it! I paid my $29 and headed home with my prize!!

43 minutes ago, MOwhisky4me said:

A few days ago I passed on Makers Mark Cask Strength on sale for $43 per 750ml, but after giving it some thought I decided I should pick up a bottle. Dropped in today and there was one bottle left... Rang up for $29! Told the clerk it had to be a mistake but liquor manager confirmed it! I paid my $29 and headed home with my prize!!

wow, looks like you made the right decision passing on it at first!  that's definitely a great pour at $29!

Does yesterday count?  "Baby" Saz at $26.99 - last on in our store (don't know when we might get more).  And I don't get an "employee discount" on spirits, either!  :o

TTFN,

F.

8-)

17 hours ago, amg said:

Gotta look out for those Indiana guys. :D

Haha. No worries amg. That Indiana guy did me a favor.

Picked up an ECBP today @51 since HH is changing things. They say ECBP won't go NAS, but they also said the 94 proof wouldn't either.

Also picked up another orvw10. Everything at retail. Another great day!

Went out to the local monger to pick up a Sazerac Rye for a co-worker who had been all over looking for it with no luck. Seems we are just entering the fallow months of Sazerac availability after it had been around for a while. I had called the store to see if they had any and there was only 1 left so the owner set it behind the counter for me until I could get in for it. Of course I looked around (it's what we do) and snagged a Blanton's because it was there, an EC12, and a Ninkasi vanilla oatmeal stout (whoops.....wrong forum). 

I then proceeded to the local Total Wine because I had placed a web order for EC12 and ECBP when the news about the lost age statement broke. Good thing I did that as they were plumb cleaned out of EC12. Of course I looked around (it's what we do) and came out of the store with a Henry KcKenna 10 BIB and a JDSBBP along with the 2 ECBP's and 4 EC12's I had ordered. I hadn't planned on such a big purchase day, but these things happen.

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2016‎ ‎4‎:‎07‎:‎35‎, Charlutz said:

Some of the guys on the board replied that I shouldn't have passed last week on CEHT barrel proof at $63 - I already have most of a bottle on the shelf and was buying a couple of other $50 bottles on that trip. Over the week, I thought about it and went back to grab that CEHT but of course it was gone. Bonus was that I scored a bottle of ECBP for $54 after 10% coupon. Limit of one bottle, but then I went down the road and found another for $60. That second one will go to a friend. Left one on the shelf at each of the two stores. They said they had each gotten only 6. 

ECBP is a nice consolation prize and equally worthy.  Enjoy!

20 hours ago, MOwhisky4me said:

All you can do is point out what you believe is an error.  There is nothing you can do if they won't listen. :D

17 hours ago, SebastianLloyd said:

Can I get some opinions on Bulleit 10yr. Is it worth a buy or just a try?

I bought a bottle on clearance for around $30. At that price I would buy it again, however, at full msrp of close to $50 I would pass.  As with any NDP, the juice could change. It was rumored that Bulleit was Four Roses, however, with supply issues at Four Roses, I doubt that it is anymore

On 1/22/2016, 11:21:29, starhopper said:

Yes, the Pharmacy. All the ones I've been to in CA carry booze and prices are often quite good.

Picked up a bottle of Elijah Craig while grocery shopping today. EC has always been a favorite of mine and it bums me out that HH is changing it to a NAS bourbon! Figure I better stock up on the age stated bottles while they are still on the shelves. I know of a couple places in town that still have 1.75l size bottles available with the old style label proudly displaying the 12 on the front.. Think I might have to grab a couple of those this week before they all disappear.

Edited by MOwhisky4me

34 minutes ago, Charlutz said:

Zero. Bought nothing today. My street still has not been plowed. :wacko:

I hope all is well with the winter storm.  It hits you guys pretty hard!  Drink up my friend!

I also bought nothing because liquor sales are not allowed on Sundays in Indiana.  I just learned today that happy hour (on any day) is illegal in Indiana.  I guess I never realized that.  Many bars and restaurants run "happy hour" specials on appetizers but not alcohol or run all day long liquor specials.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.