What bourbon did you purchase today? Fall 2016

Paddy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

After reading bourbonr after bourbonr say how much they like 1792 FP, decided that would be today's purchase.

Hopefully I enjoy as this as much as everyone else has.  

Still looking for the elusive W12, and looking, and looking, and....

Just a Michter's 10yr Single Barrel ($97.99) yesterday 'cause it was there.  And a CEHT SmB ($34.99) and a 3yr Willett Family Estate Single Barrel Rye (What's the abbreviation - WFESiB???) for $37.99, all OTD today.  That should hold me for a while since I'm still saving for my tanked Saz18.   :lol:

Couldn't pass up a couple of more bottles of OWA for $24 each plus tax.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Picked up the new Old Forester 1920 since I've seen such great reviews on it. Also, picked up a few 50ml bottles of the KCSB with the 9 yr age statement so that I can do a SBS in a few years with the NAS version.

1 hour ago, KyleCBreese said:

Picked up the new Old Forester 1920 since I've seen such great reviews on it. Also, picked up a few 50ml bottles of the KCSB with the 9 yr age statement so that I can do a SBS in a few years with the NAS version.

OF 1920 is great. Best of that series by far.

Tough day on the wallet. Found a bottle of ELT and Rebel Yell 10YR. Heading to KY tomorrow for work so I expect more pain on the credit card all weekend long.

Found a second bottle of WT12 yo at €65. Now, i can finally open the one i've already got.

found a nice old scout smooth amber 11yr single barrel with low barrel proof and some stagg jr to add to the stash passing through georgia.  I sure wish our NC state, state controlled stores had more choices!

21 hours ago, tanstaafl2 said:

My retailer really went to bat for me on the PHC (mostly by bitching at the distributor about not even getting one bottle!) and as a result it was a good if unexpected day yesterday, albeit an expensive one. I suppose I have spent more and gotten less! The PHC was at retail so I felt like that was worth the acquisition. The PHC is the batch from the Fall of 1990.

I was particularly curious about the Saz 18 as it is presumably the first year of whiskey not from the 1985 distillate that had been stored in the tanks for the past few years. My presumption is that it is the same source as Handy only older and of course cut to 90 proof.

That Stagg is might dark this year!

The latest batch of the ECBP at 136 pf was a further unexpected bottle. Wasn't really looking for one but recent good reviews made me throw it in. After all the damage has pretty much already been done, so what's a few more dollars at that point!

Stagg Sazerac PHC ECBP 2016.JPGStagg Sazerac ECBP 2016.JPG

Can't seem to get my phone to focus worth a damn, And yes, I have already broken into both the Saz and Stagg! I had gotten a heads up that they were available and after it was a Wednesday after all so some comparisons were inevitable...

Very Nice!

On 15/10/2016 at 11:51 AM, beasled said:

4R Small Batch limited 2016 has landed. Picked a couple up.

Lucky you, I can't find it, did you find it in the U.K. ? 

Picked up a bottle of OF 1920. I like OF products and man this is the best of the standard stuff I have ever had.  This is better than some OFBB I have had. 

1.75 L of Weller 12 year and Old Grand Dad 114

IMG_6448.JPG

Nice find, I polished off a 750ml of Weller 12 this week. Only wish I could have found a case of 1.75ml. Such an enjoyable bourbon to me. Enjoy.

Found a 1.75 or OWA and it followed me home.  With a little JBDO friend. 

Edited by Vicious-Peanut

4 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

Lucky you, I can't find it, did you find it in the U.K. ? 

Yeah. Unfortunately where I got it from is only shipping in the UK. It's been and gone at Master of Malt, expect it will arrive at TWE soon. 

couldnt locate any weller 12 today.  so, ended up with some willett pot still and a yellow rose outlaw bourbon for the stash.

1 hour ago, Paddy said:

HH BIB x 5.  With tax, $56 and change, out the door...

Ohhhhh, that's a solid deal.

I went to Total Wine specifically for a beer, but of course could not resist the bourbon aisle.........

I picked up 3 more OF 1920's because it's really that good. I picked up 2 ER10 Store Selects. And, to my surprise, they had RRSiB Rye. I grabbed the last two bottles.

On 10/15/2016 at 5:51 AM, beasled said:

4R Small Batch limited 2016 has landed. Picked a couple up.

FRSmBLE 2016 hiding in a bunch of FRSmB bottles (heh, heh) - some days it's better to be lucky than good, no?   :lol:

54 minutes ago, Three quarks said:

What a great deal. Is all HH BIB now 6 yrs? I haven't seen the gold for awhile. But I like the 6 much better. I am surprised HH hasn't followed others on the age statement.

Yes, 6 year age statement still applies to the HH BIB.  We did lose the OHH 4 year BIB a couple of years ago...

14 hours ago, beasled said:

Yeah. Unfortunately where I got it from is only shipping in the UK. It's been and gone at Master of Malt, expect it will arrive at TWE soon. 

unbelievable, I'm watching everyday at Master of Malt, I didn't see it and it's already sold out, that was fast. I'm gonna check at TWE. Thx for the tip. 

I took my monthly trip to MD looking for a few bottles for the bunker and picked up an OGD 114, Rare Breed, RR Rye SB, and a Booker's 2015-04 Oven Buster. 

21 hours ago, mike9903 said:

1.75 L of Weller 12 year and Old Grand Dad 114

IMG_6448.JPG

W12 in a 1.75? Niiiiiiice. What's up with the green netting on the OGD114?

3 hours ago, BDanner said:

W12 in a 1.75? Niiiiiiice. What's up with the green netting on the OGD114?

No idea why the guy did that, I was busy playing it cool and not act like a little kid in a candy store with the 1.75.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.