What bourbon did you purchase today? Fall 2016

Paddy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Picked up a ER store pick 1.75, OKI, couple of store pick KCSB 13yr 9 month, some Bourbon De Luxe and Old Taylor but it's Beam era not ND...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amazing how different things are in some areas. The last time I found OWA it was in a rural area of AL while passing through. They had a bunch, some from 2010 based upon laser codes. In fact, you might check the laser codes on those bottles you found. There is an article on "SKU's Recent Eats" (and a thread here) on how to decipher the codes (used to be based upon Julian dates).

I checked them out and it seems they were all bottled the 256th day of 2016.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Picked up an EC12 with the age statement on back ($30) and a 1.75L of Old Fitz Prime from 2004 ($25).

Stumbled on an Old Forester Birthday Bourbon today! Never had this one, and it sounds like 2016 is a good year to try it. 

Stumbled on an Old Forester Birthday Bourbon today! Never had this one, and it sounds like 2016 is a good year to try it. 

How much did you pay, if you don't mind me asking?

34 minutes ago, Thirsty Adam said:

How much did you pay, if you don't mind me asking?

$90. 

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 4:52 PM, camduncan said:

On a side note, there's a Japanese whisky called Mars Iwai that is aged in bourbon barrels and is apparently as close to bourbon as Japanese gets.  I've not tried it yet (it runs about $95 a bottle), but it is next on my 'to try' hit list if I can find it at a bar :) 

I found the Iwai (and the other one they released which escapes me at the moment) to be a bit underwhelming and it wasn't helped by a low bottle proof.

9 minutes ago, tanstaafl2 said:

I found the Iwai (and the other one they released which escapes me at the moment) to be a bit underwhelming and it wasn't helped by a low bottle proof.

Iwai Tradition I think was the other one.

Just had delivered to me a few bottles of Blanton's Gold Edition... cannot wait to bust open a bottle as I've never had it before.

Grabbed some birthday bourbon yesterday and EH Taylor single barrel on such today (is that a sign of having a problem when you go to new stores on your lunch break?)

Bought a few rarities that I can't find at home on a recent trip to San Diego.

Temperance Trader Barrel Proof 111.8 pr

Big Bottom Port Finished 90 pr

Breaker Wheated 5yr 90 pr

Breaker Port Finished 90 pr

Trail's End 8yr 90pr

I wanted to get a 4R Elliott's Select but it was an easy pass at $269.

Went back to one of my nearby small town liquor stores and bought the three half gallons of EC12 (with the big old "12" on the front) that I passed on last week. I bought five half gallon bottles there a month ago, but left some for others to find. I should have bought the remaining three bottles a week ago, but they had raised the price to $62.99 and it made me hesitate. I got chastised for not buying these bottles on the thread "what did you pass on today?" so after thinking about it over the weekend, I decided if they were still there today, they were coming home with me. I guess you could say that I have a pretty decent supply of EC12 in the bunker now. [emoji848][emoji106][emoji2]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, lcpfratn said:

Went back to one of my nearby small town liquor stores and bought the three half gallons of EC12 (with the big old "12" on the front) that I passed on last week. I bought five half gallon bottles there a month ago, but left some for others to find. I should have bought the remaining three bottles a week ago, but they had raised the price to $62.99 and it made me hesitate. I got chastised for not buying these bottles on the thread "what did you pass on today?" so after thinking about it over the weekend, I decided if they were still there today, they were coming home with me. I guess you could say that I have a pretty decent supply of EC12 in the bunker now. emoji848.pngemoji106.pngemoji2.png

Good man. I would have done the same. We now take back the chastising.

Good man. I would have done the same. We now take back the chastising.

[emoji106][emoji6]

On 10/15/2016 at 6:14 PM, Vicious-Peanut said:

Also just grabbed an Evan Williams 2004 vintage for $25.  Pretty excited about this one!

That 04 was good stuff...

14 hours ago, mike9903 said:

Grabbed some birthday bourbon yesterday and EH Taylor single barrel on such today (is that a sign of having a problem when you go to new stores on your lunch break?)

Only if you partake of what you purchase at lunch...

On 10/16/2016 at 9:31 AM, WatchUrSix said:

It was on the shelf. Little store in Eatonton, GA. She even made the comment, "I thought I was never sell that stuff." emoji14.png There was a bunch of OW, throughout my ride. I only wish I had more time to look around and more money. I'm in the dog house this morning.

Im headed through that area Thursday.  Any suggestions on where there was more stock on OW 12 WatchUrSix?

Im headed through that area Thursday.  Any suggestions on where there was more stock on OW 12 WatchUrSix?

I did leave one soldier behind. There was a bottle for 49.99 in Lavonia, GA. Downtown Bevarge. I had him down to 35$ and was going to get it on my return run. Is a bit far north but that is the only one I know about. My search was random calls driving through the state.

Almost every store I went into had the 90 proof Weller.

Had an opportunity to score a PH at retail.    Had to think it over.    $250 is a while bunch of cheese for one bottle of Bourbon.... at least for me it is.

Ultimately, I couldn't say; "no."     ...Not to such a unique Bourbon.    Pre-fire, ultra-age, and been reviewed by several here as very special, so I pulled the trigger.

I'll wait a little to open it up... I have no idea why.

Good day in the bluff city. The Weller 12 finally hit LS in the area. Along with that delivery most also got OWA 107 and CEHT seasoned wood. Of course picked up the 12 and found another bunker Stagg 130. For my palette the 130 ranks down the list from some previous batches. Have to admit to a smile after seeing that W-12 in the front seat of so many of our SB posters. 

Faceplant, did the stores you visited have any W12 left behind? 

Might want to work a deal with you if they did...;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.