What bourbon are you enjoying (spring 2017)

kcgumbohead
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 hour ago, DaytonDawg said:

Great mix first time trying it 

IMG_2356.JPG

I love that blend. Grandpa Weller's Four Grain.  I've never seen a Weller bottle like that before?

Continuing to work on open bottles ahead of the move it's been CEHTSmB yesterday and today.

It's a hard road but I'll keep walking it...

Tasting particularly good after spending the day clearing out the attic, most of the garage including taking down the Elfa shelving, and the shed in the backyard. Still have a couple of storage areas off the Mbr closet for tomorrow...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love that blend. Grandpa Weller's Four Grain.  I've never seen a Weller bottle like that before?

You've obviously never been in a ghetto liquor store in Houston. Often times that's the only bourbon on the shelf.

4 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

You've obviously never been in a ghetto liquor store in Houston. Often times that's the only bourbon on the shelf.

I have not! Ha. That's a plastic 750ml? I have a little 50ml plastic sample bottle of WSR but that's asclose as I get.

Trying to knock down this terrible bottle of Buffalo Trace bourbon. Nasty. ;)

IMG_1799.thumb.JPG.bc0569b2803452286105b782cec92dde.JPG

A pour of ETL this afternoon.  It's tasting better today than the last time I had it.  It may be oxidation or just where my taste buds are today. :)

Spent all day with friends and family for my daughter's 3rd birthday party.  Coincidentally, we share the same birthday, and I'm winding down with a piece of birthday cake and a pour of RY10.  The wife went all out and made my favorite, carrot cake, with a whiskey theme.5933742b28fb8_BourbonandCake.thumb.jpg.bac8d350456b180829596b0e5fa9c516.jpg59337437e0139_BirthdayCake.thumb.jpg.ccc557a530d0e323fb0001d71ca4746f.jpg

Bourbon and Cake.jpg

Edited by Zero Cool

9 minutes ago, Zero Cool said:

Spent all day with friends and family for my daughter's 3rd birthday party.  Coincidentally, we share the same birthday, and I'm winding down with a piece of birthday cake and a pour of RY10.  The wife went all out and made my favorite, carrot cake, with a whiskey theme.5933742b28fb8_BourbonandCake.thumb.jpg.bac8d350456b180829596b0e5fa9c516.jpg59337437e0139_BirthdayCake.thumb.jpg.ccc557a530d0e323fb0001d71ca4746f.jpg

Bourbon and Cake.jpg

I have a feeling you might be keeping her around for a few more Birthdays!! Happy Birthday and great selection on both the Carrot Cake and most importantly the Buffalo Trace on top!!

8 hours ago, LCWoody said:

Trying to knock down this terrible bottle of Buffalo Trace bourbon. Nasty. ;)

IMG_1799.thumb.JPG.bc0569b2803452286105b782cec92dde.JPG

The oldest Stagg ever released, must be one hell of a pour. In 2011, I was drinking Jack Daniels and beers, what a waste of time. Hopefully, I managed to get a 2010 GTS. Enjoy! 

Will. 

Went to my brother-in-law's on Friday night for a cook out.  Had a couple of pours of FR Single Barrel while helping him grill some filets and then after a glass of Cab with the steak had some Booker's 2016-04.

47 minutes ago, Jkersh said:

Couldn't resist cracking this one open. 

IMG_5149.JPG

Nice! How does it compare to their other offerings?

1 hour ago, DeepCover said:

Nice! How does it compare to their other offerings?

Bottles at 107 so it's hotter than "regular" Magnus. It's a great pour and not over powered by Sherry. Can't decide if I prefer this or standard issue magnus 

Enjoying one of my favorites this afternoon...EC12! [emoji106][emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Enjoying EH Taylor Barrel Proof batch #4 (127.2 proof) from my drinking buddy's collection.  Always fantastic, glad I got one of this release in the bunker myself and will return the favor some day.

In light of picking up another one for the bunker today, I'm having some ECBP A117.

1 hour ago, HoustonNit said:

Making chicken cacciatore and sipping W12.

d831be29891f3a93d5d4a8030915d425.jpg

Dude. Great minds think alike. Also doing chicken cacciatore here. Threw a new recipe in the crockpot this morning since rain was forecast and grilling was questionable. Haven't had a pour yet tho, but you may have persuaded me to go with W12 when I do!

Dude. Great minds think alike. Also doing chicken cacciatore here. Threw a new recipe in the crockpot this morning since rain was forecast and grilling was questionable. Haven't had a pour yet tho, but you may have persuaded me to go with W12 when I do!

Awesome also raining down here in Htown so yeah no grilling today.

Having a nice pour of a PS BT that Cash Wise Liquors in MN did 5-6 years ago. This bottle is yet another reminder to never (IMHO) disregard a bourbon just because it's "only" 90 proof. While there's no mistaking that it's BT, the nose is a bit more luxurious, there's a little more rye flavor to it and it's nice and oily. These guys picked a honey of a barrel and I'm glad I bought the family size. I've got a dozen different private selection BT's, some I've been involved in the selection of, others I've been able to taste at the store before buying. Wonderful everyday whiskey without breaking the bank!

I enjoyed all of these, including the 25 year old "bad bourbon" at Heaven Hill. The Very Special Old Fitzgerald was hands down the best.
cd7cec63a710672473d4dee6b8bc5c65.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

27 minutes ago, OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel said:

I enjoyed all of these, including the 25 year old "bad bourbon" at Heaven Hill. The Very Special Old Fitzgerald was hands down the best.
cd7cec63a710672473d4dee6b8bc5c65.jpg

It beat out some great competition!  Every one of these is great!

It beat out some great competition!  Every one of these is great!

Oh yeah. I love McKenna and Pikesville. I thought it tasted better than William Heavenhill (and I won't drop $250 for a bottle) and the 25 year.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.