What bourbon did you PASS up today-Spring 2017?

FacePlant
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I passed this up. The reviews here are mixed but, I'm weary at getting anything from the Barton distillery after my personal dislike of VOB BiB.

8a73f8a40692de0823c5147dbcafa2b6.jpg

0cdc88126f83c1ec7bebb4735d1ca02c.jpg

I picked this up at the WB next to Costco in Lewisville. Same price. I think this is a new store. It had a WB store select sticker barrel number 1.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

I picked this up at the WB next to Costco in Lewisville. Same price. I think this is a new store. It had a WB store select sticker barrel number 1.

Mine says Barrel #64 Fall 2016.

I took everyone's advice not sure when I'll open hopefully soon.

305e2b99deefcb61825545c13135026d.jpg

Actually picked up a few other things as well I'll post details in what did you purchase.

Mine says Barrel #64 Fall 2016.

I took everyone's advice not sure when I'll open hopefully soon.

305e2b99deefcb61825545c13135026d.jpg

Actually picked up a few other things as well I'll post details in what did you purchase.

Hey now, thus is the " pass up" thread! And you brag on a bottle of w12 on top of it all!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Vector_aka_VP said:

I bought some of that stranahans a couple weeks ago and really liked it. Paid a good bit more than 44 tho. ????

Hey now, thus is the " pass up" thread! And you brag on a bottle of w12 on top of it all!

I'm a bit odd almost passed on the W12 and am most excited about the single barrel BT.

I bought some of that stranahans a couple weeks ago and really liked it. Paid a good bit more than 44 tho. ????

Apparently that's there own store barrel.

Still can't pull the trigger.  Just wasn't all that exciting to me when I sampled it previously.

IMAG1982.jpg

3 hours ago, 0895 said:

Still can't pull the trigger.  Just wasn't all that exciting to me when I sampled it previously.

IMAG1982.jpg

Yeah I don't think I'd bite even at that price.

I passed yesterday on Basil Hayden Rye for $45, WRBrandy for $90, Forged Oak for $68, ECBP Batch 12 for $100, and 1792FP for $50.  I have the last 3 already anyway and wouldn't pay that for ECBP.  There was a shelf tag for Barterhouse at $68 as well but they were all out.  I might have bit at that.

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 9:01 PM, lcpfratn said:

Passed on a whole row of Barrell Bourbon batch #011 today at $89, but I may have to go back and get a bottle since I'm kinda regretting not picking one up. At less than 7 years old, I think it's kinda pricey. The others I've bought have been considerably older and cost less.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So jealous cant get that here in Ohio. really want to try on of them and the secondary fluctuates so much I miss the good deals lol

Passed on MMCS @ $49.99.  I like it well enough but I was in a hurry and just checking out the selection.  They had 3 bottles all from different batches, one dating back to 2015.  I understand they try for a consistent profile but it got me to wondering whether there were slight batch variations making one batch better than another.

I've heard about variations from people on the board. My bottle has been open about a year. Batch 15-03, 111.4proof

It's good. I don't have anything to compare it to. It has a slight grassy now some nights

51 minutes ago, b1gcountry said:

I've heard about variations from people on the board. My bottle has been open about a year. Batch 15-03, 111.4proof

It's good. I don't have anything to compare it to. It has a slight grassy now some nights

That's the batch I have as well.  It's been a long time since I've visited it, but I really did enjoy it.  I find the MMCS to be far superior to the regular MM which I'm not a big fan of.

That's the batch I have as well.  It's been a long time since I've visited it, but I really did enjoy it.  I find the MMCS to be far superior to the regular MM which I'm not a big fan of.

I have to be in the mood for it. It took me a long time to open it too

Passed on a bottle of Blood Oath Pact #3 for $99. Beautiful bottle and neat box, just not sure it's worth the money. Anyone ever try it?

24 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

Passed on a bottle of Blood Oath Pact #3 for $99. Beautiful bottle and neat box, just not sure it's worth the money. Anyone ever try it?

I had a pour of the #2 at a bar recently, which was very good but not $100 good. If it was more like $60 it would be an easy buy. Though I'm sort of tempted to pick one up and just use the bottle as a decanter. 

8 hours ago, b1gcountry said:

I have such a hard time with batch variations. For starters I continually find that when I revisit the same bottle I notice variations so how can I possibly be accurate in describing differences in a batch. 

21 hours ago, b1gcountry said:

I have to be in the mood for it. It took me a long time to open it too

22 hours ago, JoeTerp said:

14 hours ago, Limegoldconvertible68 said:

I have such a hard time with batch variations. For starters I continually find that when I revisit the same bottle I notice variations so how can I possibly be accurate in describing differences in a batch. 

That was one of the batches they had.  I will probably hold off for now since there are a few other things I am interested in.  I feel similar to LGC68.  I notice variations in the same bottle which has to be my palate so I am not sure I can determine variations batch-to-batch.  Similar to Joe, I found the batches I have had to be enjoyable so I will put it on my fall back list should the other options fall through.

^Doesn't hurt to ask. I think some of these owners must think there selling rugs in a bazaar and are waiting for you to counter with $10 bucks and through negotiation get to $40 or so.

Handle of Wellers antique for 110. Same store had 70 dollar blantons and many many others

Passed on 750ml of OWA for $49.99 yesterday - and this was from a local store that sold me a bottle of Barrell Bourbon Batch #9 (13yr) for $70!  WA107 is easily available for $25.99 elsewhere around these here parts.  My how times have changed . . . . . .  :(

I passed on EC12 age stated on back for $27.99. If you bought all 6 they had they were $25.19 each. If anyone in STL is interested, pm me. Also passed on OGD114 for $23 and a store pick Blanton's for $59.

BH Rye. Had a heavy tasting pour of it at the store. Not super impressed.

Barely a light, light like the typical BH profile is.

Bit of a funky nose, like most Beam products, to me at least.

Easy pass.

B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.