What Bourbon Are You Enjoying (summer 2018)

Mako254
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

5 minutes ago, jvd99 said:

These can be all over the place, glad you got a good one

I had a 15 and 16 and they were poor to be honest. Stopped buying after that. Also the price kept going up (And still is) and it was already silly as it was.

On 7/9/2018 at 10:19 PM, 0895 said:

If that's Monday, then I wanna party with you on Saturday!  :)

Today was such a good day, I figured why wait until Saturday?

2014 FR.jpg

• I like it 4

On 7/10/2018 at 8:24 PM, Richnimrod said:

Had a BIG pour of mine and my local monger's private pick of 1792 FP, which is just a caramel bomb.     Loved the one pour, and that was enough.

I have had several different private picks 1792 FP.  I am a big fan.  I agree both on the flavor profile and that one pour is typically enough.  

Enjoying a nice pour of WTRB 116.8 proofed down to around 103.  That is the sweet spot.

Long week at work and home.  New beagle puppy (9 weeks) is about to wear us out.  

10 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

Enjoying a nice pour of WTRB 116.8 proofed down to around 103.  That is the sweet spot.

Long week at work and home.  New beagle puppy (9 weeks) is about to wear us out.  

Awwwww!  :)  Beagle's are such fun-loving pooches.    And, the puppies are just so damned cute!   :D

I guess all puppy-pooches are cute but Beagles are top-of-list to me.    Watch out for the furniture chewing, and the backyard digging!   :o

20 hours ago, Vosgar said:

Today was such a good day, I figured why wait until Saturday?

2014 FR.jpg

He don't.......he don't.......he don't mess around, hey!

BOTY still showing us how it's done.

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 4:09 PM, beasled said:

Been sitting in the bunker a while so thought I'd crack it open. I know they have a bad rap and I haven't bought any for a while now... but the 2014 is excellent wherever it came from...

Screenshot_20180713-220527_Photos.jpg

Had a 2017 that I thought was dang good. Got a 2018 that wasn't as good. The first was worth the $95, the second took it off my price point...

Haven't had a pour in a while. The FL heat has me in beer mode; but, my Blanton's with Filets on the grill is right on q...

Spent three hours in the brutal garage heat cleaning it out, packing it up ahead of our move, etc.  After a dip in the pool AND a lengthy shower, I'm sitting now with some EC23.  The oaky citrus is hitting the spot before I get up again and fire up the grill for surf and turf later (crab & filets).

• I like it 1

Vintage.

A buddy of mine got this from his Dad, who bought in the 60's, or so he say.

20180714_124009.jpg

• I like it 2

I picked up the Double Oak last night at the grocery store just for grins-- found it lacking in mouthfeel and finish, although the flavor/wood was solid. Proofing it up to right around 55% with its big brother really sorted everything out.

IMG_9942.thumb.JPG.d5178a913f63eace3f2ba3efa0530fd4.JPG

Enjoying a very good pour of HM 10y tonight. I've been loving me some HM lately. The local stores have been getting some very good HM barrels lately, so I have about 4 bottles open now. Only one that I didn't buy multiples of.   

What a night of pours!! Where to begin....lets see. I started with a sample of Old Charter 8yr provided to me by a fellow SBer who gave it to me before we moved and I finally found the box with samples in the basement. Next I moved on to a fresh bottle of RY10 which was fantastic. After we got the kids in bed, I figured some WA107 was a fitting night cap to the day. Hope yours was as enjoyable as mine was. Cheers!!

• I like it 1

Nice little pour, pretty tasty.

BIgECFQ.jpg

Edited by MTNBourbon
  • I like it 2

Started off with some mojitos for me and the wife with home grown mint. Then moved on to my 2nd favorite 4R product. Some OWA PS (not one of my favorite picks so far but still decent) is rounding things out for the evening enjoying some cooler temps after the storms rolled thru.

20180714_222827-784x1613.jpg

20180714_222325-784x1613-313x644.jpg

• I like it 1

ogd 114 with a nice abbey beer from snake dog. really enjoying both on this hot day here in the uk.

IMG_0802.thumb.JPG.986f7d300700329ace04e54a98d9b834.JPG

Edited by anthony. g.
  • I like it 2

Barrell Bourbon Batch 004 (KY distilled) this sucker is getting dangerously low gonna miss it when it's gone. 

• I like it 1

22 hours ago, Clueby said:

Some OWA PS (not one of my favorite picks so far but still decent)...

20180714_222827-784x1613.jpg

The Weller 107 is not quite the same it used to be... IMHO. Still a fan though...

IMG_5174.thumb.JPG.f8e299d39fbc88aef68df6d1043426de.JPG

Edited by JvW
  • I like it 1

Started with a couple mojitos again tonight and now moved on to Old Fitz BIB. I get spearmint from OF so it was a good segue. 

20180715_223615-784x1613.jpg

• I like it 1

Find that when baking/cooking with bourbon, it is nearly impossible to not take the "some for the recipe, some for the chef" approach - so I enjoyed some HH6yrBIB yesterday afternoon while whipping up a batch of bourbon fudge.

• I like it 1

Just a generous pour of Stagg Jr. this evening. Man this is such a Monday bourbon. Of course it tastes good the other 6 days a week too!!!

• I like it 2

DAD016F4-53F6-45B4-BF6C-E26845F8E7BE.thumb.jpeg.56555b748727d5e78d62c84da4902744.jpeg

Another fantastic bottle from Smooth Ambler, cheers! 

Will.

• I like it 1

17 hours ago, elmossle said:

Just a generous pour of Stagg Jr. this evening. Man this is such a Monday bourbon. Of course it tastes good the other 6 days a week too!!!

I completely agree. I go between stagg jr and ECBP on Monday’s for some reason. Delicious!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.