What bottle did you open today? - 2022

Kjbarth
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Opened up the WTKS, I picked up this weekend. What I expect from Wild Turkey, balanced, sweet, spicy, good finish. The viscosity just coats the mouth, almost feels like NCF. I sure am happy, I purchased this one. 

Cheers

• I like it 9

3 different new store picks on tap:IMG_8844.thumb.jpeg.941ef78f611f894891a6e03e55715816.jpeg

these are all over the place. Well, 3 stores, 2 with no limit, one was limit one, but for a great price ($31).  Lucky timing for a trip to the big city. 

Edited by steven s
  • I like it 11

On 9/19/2022 at 10:41 PM, steven s said:

3 different new store picks on tap:IMG_8844.thumb.jpeg.941ef78f611f894891a6e03e55715816.jpeg

these are all over the place. Well, 3 stores, 2 with no limit, one was limit one, but for a great price ($31).  Lucky timing for a trip to the big city. 

Weird that the center one doesnt have the age statement on the front. Is it a NAS bottle?

43 minutes ago, Dannabis said:

Weird that the center one doesnt have the age statement on the front. Is it a NAS bottle?

It’s a newer bottling that has the age statement and slightly different printing on the front. The newer and older bottles have the age statement and my name on the back. 😁

Biba! Joe

image.thumb.jpeg.4ce39fd604e2c410c19f62c42721f0d0.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.b4f33eb0153edf39a395a2b8ffb76c80.jpeg

• I like it 3

the center one is from a yearish ago.

They recently added the age statement to the front. These bottles are about 4 hrs from you....

A Makers PS, from a semi-local. The MM NJ Ambassador was at the store providing samples. It’s good and I bought a case and the store threw in a CEHT SiB.

075F378A-53C4-4935-A5BD-49A5B18C92AC.thumb.jpeg.5348e4a54457a25a9efa027d792d1470.jpeg

• I like it 4

I opened both of these tonight. Damn, these KC with the synthetic corks are hard to open. The screw top on the MM101 was no problem!

20221002_192631.jpg

20221002_210358.jpg

• I like it 8

28 minutes ago, Clueby said:

I opened both of these tonight. Damn, these KC with the synthetic corks are hard to open. The screw top on the MM101 was no problem!

20221002_192631.jpg

20221002_210358.jpg

I see you've had that same problem with those damn KC corks. That's how I end up storing mine--half corked. You just have to make sure to drink it fast enough to avoid that nasty evaporation problem. 

I posted in the wrong thread earlier. 🤨 I mentioned that I might have a pour of my 2021 Weller Blend even though I don’t have much left. Well, I changed my mind. I decided to have a pour or four of 4🌹. See what I did there. 😉

Biba! Joe

• I like it 4

Epiphany. Conversion.  Learning.

Opened a Bakers 7 and Bookers 2021-4 to compare this fine Columbus Day.

My father raised us drinking Scotch, Irish whiskey, and wine from the age of 6.  Watered in the beginning, of course.  We learned to enjoy, to moderate, to balance.

I was used to 80 - 90 proof stuff.  I did not understand the proof hounds.  The proof with some of the bourbons and ryes - it burned us.  It burned us.  No longer.

I am understanding.

I liked the Bakers.  I loved the Bookers.  The viscosity.  The deeper flavor.  I did not feel the burn.  It did not burned us.  We loved our Precious.  The Bakers, good as it was, felt...watered.  Some of the flavor was missing.

I did not expect this.  Still, umm, digesting.

PS:  One time, when I was about 10 and my sibling about 6, the Old Man put a champagne label on a non-alcoholic sparkling wine bottle.  Told us, most solemnly, about the responsibilities of drinking.  Did not put a limit on our "drinking".  And to the amusement of all we got quite "drunk".  And did what we evidently thought drunk people did, to the entertainment of all.  Rolling around on the floor, laughing, etc.  It was a good lesson when he informed of us of it....about 8 years later.  And so we learn.

Edited by Anwalt
  • I like it 2

I cracked open a JM Cigar Blend batch #7 to celebrate the ALDS series win by the Astros today.   18 inning hack fest, but in the end they got it done.  On to the ALCS!

• I like it 7

5 hours ago, Kepler said:

I cracked open a JM Cigar Blend batch #7 to celebrate the ALDS series win by the Astros today.   18 inning hack fest, but in the end they got it done.  On to the ALCS!

That's an oldie!

How do the newer batches compare?

• I like it 1

Decided to open the bottle of Old Fitz 14yr BIB a little early to celebrate our 14 year Anniversary and our daughters birthday a little early tonight. It was really good and can't wait to have more of it in the coming weeks to celebrate. Cheers everyone!

• I like it 3

On 10/15/2022 at 10:22 PM, Kepler said:

Hey @Kepler! To quote @Anwalt, wow, that's an oldie! How did it hold up? 

I'm thrilled you had some of it to celebrate the Astros' ALDS series win! 

Cheers!

Nancy

• I like it 3

On 10/16/2022 at 6:08 AM, Anwalt said:

That's an oldie!

How do the newer batches compare?

Well that's a great question that I don't have the answer to.  I have a bottle or two of more recent batches in my bunker that I purchased locally 2-3 years ago, but I couldn't find them the other day, .... so I just opened this #7 instead.  🤷‍♂️

• I like it 1

On 10/18/2022 at 9:28 PM, WhiskeyBlender said:

Hey @Kepler! To quote @Anwalt, wow, that's an oldie! How did it hold up? 

I'm thrilled you had some of it to celebrate the Astros' ALDS series win! 

Cheers!

Nancy

Hey Nancy, thanks for asking!

It held up perfectly!  I'm a huge fan of your CB.  My last bottle was batch #9 and it was so good that I elevatee to it  "special occasion pour" status and it consistently lived up to that billing, in spades! 😃   

I'm really looking forward to working through this #7 and I hope to have several celebration pours in the very near future.  (And even if my sports teams don't come through for me, I'll be enjoying the JMCB one way or another, Lol)  😉 😊

• I like it 1

Not bourbon.  But You People got me to take notice of it.  I like it.  Quite a lot.  Got this one in the Paris duty-free.

Armgnac.jpg

• I like it 7

Opened a few BT to make the first batch of BA cocktails for the holidays. Will give it two weeks and then do a taste test with different bitters before bottling. 

350A03B6-9528-48F0-8D78-139C296C5DFA.jpeg

• I like it 6

Purchased and opened and mixed and drank one rather delightful Manhattan, with a special thanks to Knob Creek Rye. Did not lather, nor did I rinse, but I shall repeat. 

IMG_20221111_220724.jpg

• I like it 5

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.