What Bourbon Are You Drinking Fall 2022

PaulO
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Drinking this new arrival, our BC Woodford from the experience we won at the Tornado relief auction we did back in December.

B82096A9-961A-427B-A94D-DAF2ACFC7774.jpeg

• I like it 9

Blanton's neat on the deck - it's a warm, sunny day with the leaves just turning past peak.  Life is reallly, really good!  🥰

• I like it 11

The WT101 was followed by 1792 small batch. Which is now followed by Bulleit. Haven't touched the Bulleit in months so I thought it was time to give it another try. 

• I like it 6

An unbelievable 78° day in Ohio. After watching the Bucks slay the Hawkeyes, I'm sitting out staring at the lake and enjoying everything. The boat was picked up yesterday for winter storage. Dang man, a week to soon.

So, I have some Rebel 100 in the glass. This bottle doesn't have the youthful taste of some that I have had. At $18, it is mostly a great budget buy here in the Buckeye state.

Prost!!  Phil 

• I like it 6

My wife and I went to Harvest Nights at Newfields on the Indianapolis Museum of Art grounds.  

We shared a really great cocktail made with Old Hamer (a local bourbon) and apple cider while walking around looking at spectacular Halloween decorations.

Enjoyed a pour of Blanton's once we got home and now enjoying a pour of WTR101.

Resized_20221022_190554.jpg

Resized_20221022_191208.jpg

Resized_20221022_191226.jpg

• I like it 12

Started with RR10, now a pour of 1792 SmB while watching the Padres Phillies game, wishing it was the Mets, but nevertheless still enjoying some October baseball after a nice long day.

• I like it 5

27 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

We shared a really great cocktail made with Old Hamer (a local bourbon) and apple cider while walking around looking at spectacular Halloween decorations

Any possibility you could elaborate on the specific ingredients?  As I read that, my mouth started to water. Seems like bourbon would pair quite nicely with apple cider. 

1 hour ago, markandrex said:

WTKS,  staying with the Lawrenceberg guys tonight

Attaboy.

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, markandrex said:

WTKS,  staying with the Lawrenceberg guys tonight

18 minutes ago, flahute said:

Attaboy.

Did someone say Lawrenceburg? 

OESK Liquor Barn pick for me tonight.  🌹🌹🌹🌹

• I like it 7

3 hours ago, Kepler said:

Hail To The Cult!

Cheers

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, Kepler said:

Inspired by Kepler, an OBSO for me tonight, this one is an Oklahoma PS. Very nice. 
The 4R PS are beginning to be more plentiful again, thank goodness. 

Cheers

• I like it 4

The Cult and The Flock were strong last night. 

Prost!!  Phil 

• I like it 5

4 hours ago, Phil T said:

The Cult and The Flock were strong last night. 

Prost!!  Phil 

I opted for the herd. 😏  🦬🦬🦬

Biba! Joe

• I like it 8

Watching Washington and Green Bay with some Dant in the glass.  Not sure if Packers can pull this one out.  

• I like it 3

Old Exra 7 yr Barrel Strength.  Nice nose, some good things going on over the palate, but stinging hot on the finish.  The good things early impel me to figure out the end, though.  Maybe, it is hot.  Maybe, it isn’t, and I’ll strike it up to an off palate.  I’ll take a few days off, and see what develops.  

403834BF-FC9A-4D3B-AC91-0D9BC4A8A318.jpeg

• I like it 6

6 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

Old Exra 7 yr Barrel Strength.  Nice nose, some good things going on over the palate, but stinging hot on the finish.  The good things early impel me to figure out the end, though.  Maybe, it is hot.  Maybe, it isn’t, and I’ll strike it up to an off palate.  I’ll take a few days off, and see what develops.  

403834BF-FC9A-4D3B-AC91-0D9BC4A8A318.jpeg

Nice glass 👻

• I like it 1

21 hours ago, Thomm said:

Any possibility you could elaborate on the specific ingredients?  As I read that, my mouth started to water. Seems like bourbon would pair quite nicely with apple cider. 

I am sorry.  I can't remember the exact recipe.  I know it contained Old Hamer Bourbon (I assume 80 proof), apple cider, apple juice, lemon juice. I am not sure about the proportions.  I checked West Fork Whiskey's website (they make Old Hamer) and didn't see anything.  I will send an email to Newfields to see if they can provide assistance.

All I saw was bourbon and my wife saw apple cider so we decide to split one. 🤪

• I like it 1

Football (Colts-Titans), Football (Chiefs-49ers), Hallmark Movie.  Can anyone identify the outlier?  That's right football!

Started out with a couple of pours of WTR101.  Now moving on to Backbone Wheat Whiskey.  I truly love this whiskey.  120 proof goodness.  The Hallmark Movie has Marilu Henner in it.  I could tell you an amazing story about her.  But, instead, I will tell you an amazing story about whiskey.  Rye, Wheat, Bourbon...it's good!

• I like it 3

15 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I opted for the herd. 😏  🦬🦬🦬

Biba! Joe

Keeping with the roundup of the herd tonight. I finished off one ps BT (Schnuck’s) with a very healthy pour. I opened another ps BT (Binny’s) to take it’s place, and had another very healthy pour. I ain’t gonna split hairs here. Both are good.

Tonight is a celebration of sorts. Long story extremely short, our daughter in law just finished her latest round of schooling this past week. She now has her Master’s Degree in nursing. She loves what she does, and she’s truly an angel. 😇 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 8

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.