What bourbon did you pass on 2023

Kepler

27 minutes ago, jvd99 said:

Blantons at $149 and OFBB at $799 at a cruddy LS I happened to pass by in a nearby town. They can keep it. 

Geez Jim. You should have told me you were in the area. 🤣

• I like it 1

19 hours ago, flahute said:

Jesus Christ - a Total Wine pick of RRSiB is now up to $108.  They can go F themselves.

Wait until you see what they do with 4R picks.  $125 before tax here now.

• I like it 1

And no offense, but the picks I have had from the big box stores have not been that impressive. 

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, 0895 said:

Wait until you see what they do with 4R picks.  $125 before tax here now.

They can play that shit.  I will just opt for a couple of bottles of standard OBSV and then add a couple of bottle of WT101;  I will take 4:1 with comparable  enjoyment. '

I have had several 4R picks over the years, including several award winners.  Nothing convinces any are or were worth $125.

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, mbroo5880i said:

They can play that shit.  I will just opt for a couple of bottles of standard OBSV and then add a couple of bottle of WT101;  I will take 4:1 with comparable  enjoyment. '

I have had several 4R picks over the years, including several award winners.  Nothing convinces any are or were worth $125.

oh, I definitely didn’t buy it.

I shouldn’t even say it, but regular shelf bottles of 4R single barrel 100p OBSV are underrated. 

Also, 101 is good, but 101 rye is more my jam. :) 

• I like it 2

On 5/14/2023 at 12:04 AM, flahute said:

Jesus Christ - a Total Wine pick of RRSiB is now up to $108.  They can go F themselves.

WHAT!?

That's insane and I agree with what TW can do to themselves.....

• I like it 2

A couple stores around here are blowing out the Benchmark lineup for under 10 bux a bottle, you can pick from any (SB, top floor? ,BIB and a couple other variants I don't recall). I passed on all because...I don't need em and I just don't care about Benchmark.

• I like it 3

5 hours ago, kcgumbohead said:

A couple stores around here are blowing out the Benchmark lineup for under 10 bux a bottle, you can pick from any (SB, top floor? ,BIB and a couple other variants I don't recall). I passed on all because...I don't need em and I just don't care about Benchmark.

I thought the Benchmark BiB was pretty decent.  I think I'd pick up a few if they were under $10.  That said, the initial hype Benchmark seems to have died out.  Imagine - a Buffalo Trace product being ignored by the bourbon community.  What's the world coming to?

• I like it 2

3 hours ago, fosmith said:

I thought the Benchmark BiB was pretty decent.  I think I'd pick up a few if they were under $10.  That said, the initial hype Benchmark seems to have died out.  Imagine - a Buffalo Trace product being ignored by the bourbon community.  What's the world coming to?

I get them anytime I can, good bourbon at a better price IMO.

Edited by PhantomLamb

On 5/14/2023 at 10:50 PM, 0895 said:

I shouldn’t even say it, but regular shelf bottles of 4R single barrel 100p OBSV are underrated

I think you can safely say it here, but definitely don't say it out in public. I don't wanna have to covid-level hoard that stuff. 

• I like it 3

Blanton's  $119.00

McKenna 10 year $79

JD Triple Mash  $39.00

4RYL $28*

*at this point, I should've run out of the store😉

• I like it 2

On 5/17/2023 at 1:11 PM, kcgumbohead said:

On 5/17/2023 at 6:52 PM, fosmith said:

I haven't bought any Benchmark bottles.  I am with you @fosmith, if I find this ish... for less than $10, baby be coming home wif me.

Edited by mbroo5880i
  • I like it 1

12 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

I haven't bought any Benchmark bottles.  I am with you @fosmith, if I find this ish... for less than $10, baby be coming home wif me.

Same.

• I like it 1

Blanton’s Gold for $169.99.

the catch was it had to be bundled with a $200 Turd from Four Gates.

It might be pay day, but I decided to keep my money.

• I like it 8

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I passed a liquor store today. 😖

Your car's steering wheel isn't working? 🤪

• I like it 4

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I passed a liquor store today. 😖

Left turns are a bitch the older you get.  🤪

• I like it 3

4 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Especially with a surgically repaired shoulder.

• I like it 2

3 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Your car's steering wheel isn't working? 🤪

2 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Actually I was just playing it safe. I was on the way downtown to pay my property taxes.  🥹

IMG_2958.jpeg.0a574e6517dc514bc2dca08fb21eebde.jpeg

• I like it 2

7 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Actually I was just playing it safe. I was on the way downtown to pay my property taxes.  🥹

IMG_2958.jpeg.0a574e6517dc514bc2dca08fb21eebde.jpeg

Hopefully, it didn't take you 20 minutes to get, er, started. 😃

On the topic of toilets, mine can handle up to 20 golf balls.  😀  Like I always say, go big or stay home. 😀

images.jpg

Edited by mbroo5880i

17 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Hopefully, it didn't take you 20 minutes to get, er, started. 😃

On the topic of toilets, mine can handle up to 20 golf balls.  😀  Like I always say, go big or stay home. 😀

images.jpg

in your case I'd say go Toto! 

• I like it 1

Passed on BBC Origins Rye at $75 and $80.  Too expensive for a 5 year rye.  I'll drink what I already have instead.

• I like it 1

I haven't passed on this in person but may as well have as there is no way I'd pony up the $.  I am talking about Forbidden at 129.00 out the gate, WHAT???? The absurdity continues to ratchet up and while I cheered on Marianne as she toiled to launch C&K ( which was originally supposed to release a BiB with white corn IIRC and at no where near 129.00), this Forbidden release I just can't support. It is aptly named in that I have forbidden it from finding its way anywhere near my shopping cart. W....T....F???

• I like it 1

7 hours ago, kcgumbohead said:

I haven't passed on this in person but may as well have as there is no way I'd pony up the $.  I am talking about Forbidden at 129.00 out the gate, WHAT???? The absurdity continues to ratchet up and while I cheered on Marianne as she toiled to launch C&K ( which was originally supposed to release a BiB with white corn IIRC and at no where near 129.00), this Forbidden release I just can't support. It is aptly named in that I have forbidden it from finding its way anywhere near my shopping cart. W....T....F???

Sorry, which bottle are you talking about? I’ve heard of forbidden but not sure if that is the brand?

36 minutes ago, PhantomLamb said:

Sorry, which bottle are you talking about? I’ve heard of forbidden but not sure if that is the brand?

I believe this.

https://www.gobourbon.com/new-release-marianne-eaves-debuts-forbidden-bourbon/

https://whiskeyraiders.com/bourbon/marianne-eaves-forbidden-bourbon/

Edited by markandrex