Bourbon in the Movies

Isoflex

In Slaughter High there are a few scenes where some of the characters drink from an old, green labeled bottle of Wild Turkey.

Mad men- season 3 episode 3- Don Draper goes into a bar set up for a company party and asks for an old fashioned. The bartender says "whoever set up this bar must have been blind. No bourbon."

So draper goes behind the bar and says "Rye okay?", fishes out a bottle of old overholt, and starts mixing up 2 old fashioneds.

I just saw the first 25 minutes or so of a film called “kissing a fool†from 1998 this afternoon. In the garden bar of a luxurious home they had the whole bourbon heritage collection standing on the shelf. Pretty impressive indeed!

Leif

• 3 weeks later...

Kings County Distillery was featured on a recent episode of Red Eye.

I have searched on you tube for a video clip but have had no luck.

In a 1941 short called This is the Bowery the narrator refers to the Bowery as "the place you hocked your war medal for 3 square meals and a bottle of bourbon".

Kind of a reach but while watching a re-run of an old NCIS while contemplating the Pappy 15 in my glass I noticed that the cold box that Kate's body was in was prominently labeled 107.

On the season premier of Family Guy last night Peter ordered shots of bourbon for Joe, Quagmire and himself.

Couldn't make out the bottle as the bartender poured but it was square.

Beats that martini crap that Brian is always drinking.

On the season premier of Family Guy last night Peter ordered shots of bourbon for Joe, Quagmire and himself.

Couldn't make out the bottle as the bartender poured but it was square.

Beats that martini crap that Brian is always drinking.

I'm pretty sure it was Makers Mark.

I am thoroughly addicted to mad men. I always wonder what brand of whiskey they're drinking. The drink gen and vodka straight from the bottle but the whiskey always seems to be dispensed from a fancy decanter of sorts.

Previous mention has been made of the Ezra Brooks billboard in the Sting. I was watching it again yesterday and the power of the DVR allowed me to stop the scene at the end after the sting is over and the back room announcer pours a drink from the bottle. The bottle is an Ezra Brooks and I have the same bottle with the white and black labelling (it was on the gazebo table). Now The Sting was made in '73 and the bottle I have appears to be from '85 but apparently the label stayed the same during those years. The family, who is not as enamored with my hobby as I am, was actually impressed when I brought the bottle out and it matched the image on the screen. :cool:

Jumping on the Mad Men trend (and I'd be surprised if this hasn't been mentioned already somewhere earlier in the thread), season 3 at Roger's party when Don meets Connie, they are rummaging at the bar searching for bourbon. They can't find any so Don ends up making Old Fashioneds with Old Overholt rye instead.

There's a Cabin Still Hillbilly Decanter on the top shelf behind the counter at the liquor store in This Stuff'll Kill Ya!.

In the last segment of The Basement (1989), Home Sweet Home, the new homeowner's friend shows up with a bottle of Jim Beam White Label which they split.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone see "Two and a Half Men" last night? Looked like Kutcher's character pretty clearly grabbed a bottle of Bulleit bourbon to pour when he and his roomie were trying to host a party with a couple ladies.

• 2 weeks later...

No specific brand was mentioned, but last night's Homeland revealed that Sergeant Brody is a bourbon man, while CIA agent Carrie Mathison believes that it tastes like gasoline.

Also? No WD for the good sergeant. :shocked:

I was watching the new Iron Chef competition, one of the winners said he was taking his partner to the bar to get a drink of bourbon, whatever he wanted.

I am certain there's a Clint Eastwood movie in which his character sits down at a bar and orders Wild Turkey. Anyone know which movie it is?

Anyone see "Two and a Half Men" last night? Looked like Kutcher's character pretty clearly grabbed a bottle of Bulleit bourbon to pour when he and his roomie were trying to host a party with a couple ladies.

I didn't see that one but tonight's episode showed Allan ordering "bourbon" at their local bar. He said no to an appletini and asked for bourbon since that is what Charlie drank.

I enjoyed that episode, especially how the bourbon and cigars turned Alan into Charlie....:lol:

Truly puzzling. On last night's episode of Desperate Housewives, Lynnette bought "a bottle of Scotch" for her estranged husband Tom as an anniversary gift. Except this "Scotch" was clearly a bottle of Blanton's!

I don't follow the show (Desperate Housewives) but I occasionally watch it with my wife and there was a recent subplot with Carlos being a drunk-- it appeared that he was downing Basil Haydens.

Blanton's has been quite busy in prime time lately -- on its Facebook page, there's a clip showing a bottle from a recent episode of the US version of Prime Suspect with Maria Bello.

I had NBC national news on this morning in the background. The crew took a trip to Martha Stewart's house for Thanksgiving something or other. Martha was making an apple cider and bourbon cocktail. That caught my attention so looked over at the tv and saw a bottle of Michter's 10 yr. I missed the ingredients in the drink but did see that she served them in glasses with the large bourbon ball ice cubes.