What Bourbon Are You Drinking? Summer 2009

spun_cookie
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

EW BIB tonight with a good friend and a good movie, the first Nightmare on Elm Street

Had some Booker's tonight at a local bar. I found it lacking flavor for that proof, boring finish, no real personality and character. Not /bad/ but for that price, I find Stagg and WLW far far superior, with Rare Breed and OGD114 being better and much cheaper for the higher proof bourbons.

I did have Mellow corn and OGD 114 before dinner yesterday. Stagg 2008 and fernet branca after (the later is 50% for taste and 50 % for medicine).

Leif

Having some Van Winkle Lot B, neat.

Heading out to KY & TN tomorrow and thinking about all that bourbon down there.

Don't just think about it ... buy!

Bring on the stimulus!

A bit of Four Roses Single followed by PVW15....Doesn't get any better than that. Well.....

I'm off to KY again in a few days to find some Weller, any Weller, preferably BTAC WLW....Tips, anyone, anyone :lol:

WT 101, Wathens, and now more Wathens. Something about the Wathens that I really enjoy. Sweet on the entry and then spicy finish. I'm verily impressed. I think this one will rise in price quickly once it catches on.

Had a little swig of OGD BIB awhile ago, now having a bit of WT101. I gotta say, WT101 is mighty hard to beat for an everyday go-to bottle.

Had a little swig of OGD BIB awhile ago, now having a bit of WT101. I gotta say, WT101 is mighty hard to beat for an everyday go-to bottle.

I can beat it. Tom Moore BIB. Lots of cherry cordial and ripe fruit flavor. I have been drinking it for a couple years now. $18.99 for a 1.75.

Hmm, never seen that around here. It sounds delicious. I'll keep the eyes peeled. Taking a break from yardwork (took the week off to work around the house...I'm so busy otherwise everything piles up!) with a shot of OGD BIB and a tall glass of ice water. Bourbon neat with an ice water back...life is gooooood! :cool: I'm seriously digging OGD BIB @ 14.99/750ml...

Yesterday I had Dickel 8 before dinner. As I wasn’t sure what to drink with the blueberry cake for dessert I did try both Dickel 12 and WT 8. The Turkey turned out best!

Leif

I can beat it. Tom Moore BIB. Lots of cherry cordial and ripe fruit flavor. I have been drinking it for a couple years now. $18.99 for a 1.75.

Never seen that myself. I have to agree with B3Nut that the WT101 is an outstanding everyday pour. WT has done a great job of mass producing a high quality upper shelf bourbon.

Elmer T. Lee is turning 90. Elmer T. Lee Bourbon is 90 proof. My bottle of Elmer T. Lee is about 90% gone.

You got it. I'm sippin ETL!!

It's Weller Time.

Antique

SR

Centennial

I'm hoping to get some 12 here in the near future. Then I can pop a LaRue and taste a flight.

In honor of Elmer T. Lee's upcoming 90th I thought I'd have a couple pours of the two BT bourbons I have in the house. I started with ETL which was as always wonderful and am finishing off with some Blantons. A mighty tasty evening. Cheers to Mr. Lee! :)

Dickel 8 again before dinner yesterday. After dinner I did pick up a WTRR 101 from my bunker. It was quit a wile since I had that one last. It was good as hell, even better than I did remember. I had several glasses including one with blueberry cake and ice-cream witch turned out even better than the 8 years I had with the same dessert the day before. As I only have 2 or 3 bottles left in my bunker I did decide to make a try to find some in cyberspace. We will se if I do succeed as it is basically sold out.

Leif

This evenings pours in no particular order:

Old Taylor

Old Fitzgerald

Old Weller

Old Rip Van Winkle

Old Forester

I've been mixing it up while on vacation. I have enjoyed some WT101 and THH (08) over a couple of evenings. In addition, mixed drinks and beer have kept me busy.

Last night is was a couple Four Roses Small Batch.

Ahh wood & juicy fruit. Tasty!

I did have a dusty Kentucky gentleman bottled 1970 before outdoor grilling yesterday. It was surprisingly sweet and chewy for the low proof and had real nice vanilla and fruit character. It reminded me a little of WT 101 from the same time epoch despite only 86 proof. To the grilled banana with hazelnut ice cream and chocolate souse I had JDSS witch was an excellent combination. Well inside again I did round up the evening with a glass of WTRR 101.

Leif

Having a bit of Old Fitz 1849 8 yr this evening. It's somehere between Old Fitz BIB and WL Weller Centennial.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!