What Bourbon Are You Drinking? Summer 2009

spun_cookie
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

After a long day at work, my goal was to come home, pour something, get a cigar and sit on the front porch to unwind. Just the other day I purchased a bottle of Charter 101 and found it to be almost too sweet for my taste (and it's a rye). Still not a bad pour but then I had a Gary Gillman moment and decided to do a little vatting. 2 parts AAA 10 year and 1 part Charter 101. The outcome was quite terrific. The age and extra proof gave it a buttery, thick mouthfeel.

WT AS, 12 export and WLW 2008 yesterday. I am down under half in my AS bottle now but I am still amazed what an untypical Turkey it is. Very, very light indeed. The nose is the best part I think.

Leif

I just picked up a bottle of Weller 12YO/90, a Binny's hand-picked single barrel bottling.

Where has this stuff been all my life? Yowza. I think this will nestle in quite nicely with my Weller Antique and my ORVW 10/107.

Now if I could just find some little out of the way forgotten store that happens to have a few bottles of Weller Centennial...

Did a mighty fine tasting- this was actually last night... but I'm still tasting that Old Fitz.... the finish goes on forever:cool:

post-3572-14489815770959_thumb.jpg

post-3572-14489815772353_thumb.jpg

I had Boones Knoll 16 years (Michters) and the last out of my WLW 2008 yesterday. The first one is quit a bit better than the current Hirsch gold folio I think and the second are absolutely fantastic as long as I keep it away from water. The finish is never ending.

Leif

Did a mighty fine tasting- this was actually last night... but I'm still tasting that Old Fitz.... the finish goes on forever:cool:

I really wish someone could make something resembling the Old Fitz of yore. Maker's is probably the closest, because they don't use enzymes, they don't use municipal water, they distill and barrel at low proof of which Pappy would undoubtedly approve, and they don't adjust the temperatures in their warehouses.

However, being bottled at 90 proof it's closer to Cabin Still than Old Fitz. Sigh.

Van Winkle Family Reserve Lot B, neat.

Then I made my over to a William Larue Weller 2007 BTAC, neat.

Vacations were made for the best.

Been a good week.

I really wish someone could make something resembling the Old Fitz of yore. Maker's is probably the closest, because they don't use enzymes, they don't use municipal water, they distill and barrel at low proof of which Pappy would undoubtedly approve, and they don't adjust the temperatures in their warehouses.

However, being bottled at 90 proof it's closer to Cabin Still than Old Fitz. Sigh.

As I was tasting this fresh opened bottle of Old Fitz I was thinking the same thing. I haven't tasted it in a while, but somehow the WLW seemed similar to the Fitz. Big, bold and beautiful. I'll have to compare the two in the near future

WT101, and now some Wathen's. Nice stuff all around. The WT101 is surprisingly good considering I paid $17.49 for a 750.

Having a nice, healthy pour of WT 101 with some Coke on the side after a day spent out in the sun in Florida.

I picked up a WT101 just recently and thought it was a lot better than previous ones.

Oscar - I picked up a WT101 last night also and while it's been some time since I've had the current 101, it was better than I remember too.

Oscar - I picked up a WT101 last night also and while it's been some time since I've had the current 101, it was better than I remember too.

Another good game tonight so I poured a Parker's Heritage Collection 122.6 proof, neat.

Hitting the WT101 again.... great value and yes, much better than I'd remembered... it's been at least a year since I last tasted it.

Gave the brother in law a mini sampler last night:

VWFRR

Saz Jr.

Handy

RReserve 10/90 bourbon

Weller Cent

Weller SR

I managed to give him sea legs, right before he crashed it looked like he was standing on the deck of a ship.

Having a pour of Baker's. I'd only tasted this before, and decided to go ahead and get a bottle today. Now I wish I would have gotten one a long time ago. I really like it. :yum: Joe

Having some Van Winkle Lot B, neat.

Heading out to KY & TN tomorrow and thinking about all that bourbon down there.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!