What are you drinking Spring 2010?

hectic1
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I did finish of 2 bottles yesterday. JDSS before dinner and WTRB 1991 after. Heck how good the Tennessee whiskey was.

Leif

Dickel 12 before dinner from the last bottle (1 litre) that I found after bunches of searching. And as I have said before it wasn’t up to normal standards as I am used to. It is kind of less of everything including collar somehow.

Old 101 from 1977 after dinner. It is as dark as Woodford SO and a bit woody but less then you could expect from the collar. My lady partner tasted it and liked it a lot.

Leif

Tonight was Johnny Drum 12 years old 43% ABV. It's labeled as an old fashioned sour mash that's charcoal filtered. It has a smoky molasses, dark brown sugar nose with hints of coffee, new leather and caramel. On the palate, it follows the nose with a sweet, smooth, lightly smoky taste. The sourness I get from a lot of these style bourbons isn't there. The finish is medium long and starts on the molasses and brown sugar fading to a nice wood, all spice and a touch of white pepper. I liked it. It was the only Johnny Drum I've had so I can't compare to the current range.

ORVW 10/107 while sitting in a hotel room in Indy...the nice thing about driving is I can bring my glass GC's and unlimited 2oz bottles with me! :D

Saz 18 2009. I also had this last night and am loving it. Now adding some Julio's Baby Saz to the mix..

I was staring at the Old Crow last night--that would be my visiting mother-in-law, not the budget bourbon--and was driven to drink some GT Stagg by my depressed state of mind. I've got two more weeks of this shit before I can sit around in my underwear and watch baseball again. Damn!:lol:

I was staring at the Old Crow last night--that would be my visiting mother-in-law, not the budget bourbon--and was driven to drink some GT Stagg by my depressed state of mind. I've got two more weeks of this shit before I can sit around in my underwear and watch baseball again. Damn!:lol:

Elijah Craig 12yo over cracked ice.

There's my drinking buddy.

I am sipping on some 15 yr Japan Only Tribute. 110 proof that has very little burn.

DSC_1216.jpg

Nice bourbon.

I am sipping on some 15 yr Japan Only Tribute. 110 proof that has very little burn.

Nice bourbon.

And you didn't invite me?!?!?!?!?!?!?:skep:

2000 EWSB. Neat. Very good. There's something in there, that is very tasty, but I can't put a finger on it. I keep wanting to say it's a subdued black licorice, but that's not it. Some sort of dried flower, maybe? I dunno. I do know that I like it.

DSC_1216.jpg

Nice bourbon.

wait, what!??????

Started with Lot B and now enjoying some 1/2 Lot B mixed with 1/2 WRMCSO. Not a bad combo really.

WT101, 8yr from 1981 ("Keenness of sight" decanter). :yum:

It's going to be hard to go back to the current stuff, as much as I've liked it, after this. Maybe I need one more before bed, just to be sure that it's as good as I think...:slappin:

EC12 just for P_Elliot...

Dominant Chocolate/Cocoa note to start! Cleansing the JD off the palate nicely!

MM and the new 7 years Beam at Vinnodic in Stockholm yesterday. OGD 114 on the train on my way back.

Leif

Eagle Rare 101, neat.

A nice way to kick off an early Friday and the beginning of a one week vacation.

Spent the afternoon at DougDog's with a cadre of SB'ers. I had a lot of little pours of some awesome stuff. I lost track at some point. :cool:

Heading out to the gazebo in a few. :grin:

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!