What are you drinking Spring 2010?

hectic1
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Weller Cent while waiting for the Hawks game to start! :) Man oh man...I forgot how tasty this pour is...yummy in my tummy!

OCPR and Czech beers while watching the Hawks last night. How about that first period? Whew! All those BHC's are great, aren't they? Maybe I'll hit my Weller Centennial tonight.

Jefferson Reserve Presidential Select Batch #1...I'm not sure that this is a better pour then the Weller Cent that I had last night. It's good but I have one in the bunker and I don't think that I'll be adding any additional bottles to it.

I did have old 101 from 1977 before dinner yesterday and VWFRR-K and vintage 21 rye after. All tasted splendid. The old time bourbon has improved very much by oxidation.

Leif

It is 11 minutes until noon, but I am on vacation and I decided to sip some Old Rip Van Winkle 10/107, neat.

I'm trying a new one I bought at Liquor World during the sampler. Having a nice healthy pour of Old Bardstown 101 proof. :yum: Different, but very good. The price was nice too. $20.15. Joe

Right this minute, a gin and tonic made with Corsaire gin. Very crisp!

I had a bit of Maker's Mark this afternoon, and then a touch of Old Rip 10/107 after supper to toast the birth of my niece this afternoon. Pure sweetness, wood and a big vanilla finish. :bowdown:

Right this minute, a gin and tonic made with Corsaire gin. Very crisp!

The Corsair Gin makes a lovely Gin and Tonic doesn't it --- yum.

OFBB from the current vintage. I like it a lot, some published reviews notwithstanding (e.g., Hansel's). I can't quite peg the flavors that are swirling about, but it does have a very dry, menthol and walnut finish.

A very small pour of OCPR just to celebrate one more day of work for the week! :D

I did have Rittenhouse BIB, WT 8 export and WT 101 1985 yesterday. All tasted fairly well.

Leif

EWSB '98, EC12 and now a wee taste of wLw '09.

That weller has a grand nose. Thanks for the reminder Paul :)

Thomas Handy Sazerac Rye last night, followed by Van Winke Family Reserve Rye. Two killers, to be sure.

EC12 before diner and WRMCSO after yesterday. Both tasted splendid.

Leif

I don't usualy mix with pop but last night I had Baby Saz/Vernors ginger ale.

I don't usualy mix with pop but last night I had Baby Saz/Vernors ginger ale.

Started early on a lotB, and it's just wonderful. I haven't drank this which was a daily pour for me for a while. I have been drinking the WLW, GTS, etc. I need to stock up more on this lotB. Down to my last two bottles.

Waiting for my delivery of the 4R_17yr.

Cheers

--Hugh

Drank several Mint Juleps at Derby 136. I won $500.20 on race 9 and celebrated by having my first PVW 23 and Parker's Heritage 27. I was surprised I enjoyed both as much as I did, not as much oak as advertised. YMMV.

Definitely hit up Baxter Station if you're ever in town. Amazing bourbon prices, great food, and the owner is a good guy.

An untold numbers of Juleps at our Derby Party. Finished the night with a wee taste of the new FRSB 100th Anniversary. All I remember is the usual FR florals at entry and a very long, dry finish.

I did go to a Borlänge bourbon boys rye tasting event with 9 different brands yesterday. Very nice gathering indeed and Rittenhouse 23 was the winner. I will come back to that later.

Today I did have ETL before dinner and an uncut bottling of 14 years HH from Cadenheads after.

Leif

Currently, I am tasting 4R single barrel. I really like this bourbon.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!