What are you drinking Spring 2010?

hectic1
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Celebrating getting to come home a night early with a pour of Binny's FRBS OESK...we'll see what others cross my lips tonight...it could be a lot! :D

EDIT...continued the Binny's FRBS by moving to a pour of OESO...next up will be either some OBSK or 2009 Mariage. :)

Started with some EC 18 but tonight it didn't have the leg to kick start a Vespa. I'm on my second pour of Pappy 15, some guy is going for baroque on his Oboe and I think I just touched my knee down in a fifth gear downhill sweeper.

Life is good.

Celebrating getting to come home a night early with a pour of Binny's FRBS OESK...we'll see what others cross my lips tonight...it could be a lot! :D

EDIT...continued the Binny's FRBS by moving to a pour of OESO...next up will be either some OBSK or 2009 Mariage. :)

Feelin' like a bourbon noob here...or that is to say a Four Roses Texas noob ignorant son-of-a-bitch, since we get few expressions of said brand, but what are the decipherins of the letters of which you speak, e.g. OESO OBSK. Much appreciated!

I cracked open a 50mL 1977 Old Fitz BIB. My first SW Old Fitz experience, it was pretty damn tasty. It's a shame that if I went to the store to get one now, it wouldn't be half as good. :(

OK guys 'n gals I've been up sincce 4:30am, got some chores done, had a big breakfast and about 8 cups of coffee, so I am ready to treat myself to a taste.

To continue with the Bird of Vacation from yesterday (ER101) I opened up a Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit.

Dark Wood Top

Bottled: Aug 15, 2002

Barrel No: 1

Warehouse: H

Rick No: 29

Rye spice and candy corn with the classic WT barrel char in the backround.

This bourbon is the answer to the infamous Kurt Cobain lyric,...

"And I forget just why I taste,

Oh yeah, I guess it makes me smile."

I cracked open a 50mL 1977 Old Fitz BIB. My first SW Old Fitz experience, it was pretty damn tasty. It's a shame that if I went to the store to get one now, it wouldn't be half as good. :(

Not even half.....

Finally back home again.....

I'll keep it real simple.

The Grill

&

Geo. T Stagg

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Finally back home again.....

I'll keep it real simple.

The Grill

&

Geo. T Stagg

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

The grill and Stagg,..ok, sounds good, but what did you throw on the grill?

Getting ready to finish off my 50mL 1977 Old Fitz. It is definitely more complex than any 6 year old wheater I've ever had.

Maybe if you had any desire to ruin some good PVW15 you could try a vatting with Maker's and get something close...

Binny's BT 2009, Binny's BT 2010, WT 101, and Pappy 15...I'm convinced that Pappy 15 was sent as a gift from the gods.

AAA 10year single barrel...I tell ya the AAA is singly one of the best bourbons for your money ever, single barrel or not!

AAA 10year single barrel...I tell ya the AAA is singly one of the best bourbons for your money ever, single barrel or not!

Ec 12 yesterday after having a lot of swedish micro brew and a 600 gram burger here in gothenburg were I HAVE SPENT THE WEEKEND.

LEIF

Friday night at the Grand Traverse Resort a Jefferson Reserve following a very long day inspecting a very good hospital lab and an awful off-site lab.

The bourbon was wonderful after it had an opportunity to open up a bit.

Enjoyed a leisurely Sunday afternoon with a friend for some cigars and bourbon. Tried a couple of older dusties that turned out to be quite fantastic

49/57 Old Fitz BIB

73/78 Old Forester BIB

72/80 Old Fitz BIB

'82 Old Forester

'78 Benchmark

RR 10/101

The '49 Old Fitz was thick and oily....superb as was the Old Forester that quickly made it to my top 5 for sure.

Enjoyed a leisurely Sunday afternoon with a friend for some cigars and bourbon. Tried a couple of older dusties that turned out to be quite fantastic

49/57 Old Fitz BIB

73/78 Old Forester BIB

72/80 Old Fitz BIB

'82 Old Forester

'78 Benchmark

RR 10/101

The '49 Old Fitz was thick and oily....superb as was the Old Forester that quickly made it to my top 5 for sure.

I have had a mid 70-is Forester BIB as well Greg. It were good as hell

Leif

ETL and Rittenhouse BIB before dinner today. The rye seemed totally superior to me this day. After dinner Stagg 2009 was a good end of this day.

Leif

I had my first mint julep of the season today made with spearmint from my yard and Heaven Hill BiB. Now I'm having the second one with a Brown Label WT 80. Tasty, tasty.

I found me a handle of Old Forester BIB from 91....

Whoa.... very nice for a 4 yr old !!!!:grin:

Weller Cent while waiting for the Hawks game to start! :) Man oh man...I forgot how tasty this pour is...yummy in my tummy!

WT101, 8yr from 1981 ("Keenness of sight" decanter). :yum:

It's going to be hard to go back to the current stuff, as much as I've liked it, after this. Maybe I need one more before bed, just to be sure that it's as good as I think...:slappin:

Another healthy pour continues to confirm it greatness. Like most have said, it's just a deeper, richer, more flavorful and better integrated whiskey vs current WT101. I like it better than any WT that I've had (which isn't very many).

Why can't it be this good today? Probably better that it isn't...not sure I'd ever be in any condition to leave the house. :grin:

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!