Elijah Craig Barrel Proof

HighInTheMtns
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Negative. I will give you all a heads up when more is scheduled to land. I'm betting they get some out before the bourbon festival but I wouldn't expect much.

Thank you Eric. It is always good to get information ahead of JQ Public!

Typically, if a certain guy on this site likes something, I'm gonna love it! Said man told me to try this and I couldn't find one. I was pleasantly surprised when one showed up, via a friend, for me to try. I love it! John Burlowski you are the BOMB DIGGITY!!

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone seen this in California?

I've been on the lookout for months, and keep checking in at my usual stores, but damned if I can find a trace of it.

I've made peace with the fact that I just don't have the energy to hunt down stuff like BTAC any more, but I was sure hoping to try the ECBP, especially since EC18 is gone. Does anyone know if its come and gone, or if its just not landed in California yet?

Oh, and I'm doing my best to keep up with this thread, but apologies if I missed any posts from members in California. I saw that SKU reviewed both releases, but since we recently corresponded about the lack of ECBP in LA, I'm thinking it's possible he may have reviewed samples or bottles from other SB members.

Edited by MrAtomic

Hi Paul,

Just sent a PM. Batch 1 definitely came and gone to North CA.

Batch 2, I think just starting to come in. I found two in a supermarket but none of my usual spot has it yet.

None went to Bevmo and the other bigger spots actually. The bigger longer retailer didn't carry it.

Cheers

Hugh

For the most part, batch 2 seemed to hit NorCal a few weeks ago. My local bourbon monger said he received 6 bottles of batch 1, but then didn't receive any of batch 2. We both thought that was weird, so he asked his rep, who told him that only stores participating in the EC barrel program received batch 2. Not sure if that's true or just an excuse.

I got a batch 2 last week in the East Bay. Keep the faith one will turn up when you least expect it.

So apparently New Hampshire does not know that ECBP is hard to find. Can anyone count the number of bottles on the shelf? I count 15. My buddy took this pic today in NH. I had him pick me up a few of the bottles.[ATTACH=CONFIG]16548[/ATTACH]

So apparently New Hampshire does not know that ECBP is hard to find. Can anyone count the number of bottles on the shelf? I count 15. My buddy took this pic today in NH. I had him pick me up a few of the bottles.[ATTACH=CONFIG]16548[/ATTACH]

The distribution of this product is difficult to figure out. I haven't seen any in Indiana. It sounds like it is fairly scarce in Kentucky. Yet, it is plentiful in other locations. Do people in NH drink more bourbon than people in Kentucky or Indiana or do they just send a certain number of bottles to each state regardless of population or bourbon buying habits? My local store got only a few bottles the first go around and they are part of one of the larger chains in Indy and they haven't received any of the recent shipments. They are doing everything they can to increase their chances of getting an order filled and improving their allocation this time around. I know they sell EC12 and a fair number of other HH products.

I've only ever seen one store get a pack of 3 bottles of batch 1. I'm lucky to have been able to snag the last of the 3 bottle of batch one. The batch 2 was in 4 different stores which all received a box of 3 bottles each. I wish I could find more batch 1's because it has a little more sweetness to it that I also like.

I just picked up what may be the last bottle of EJBP in Georgia. Tasting to come at the proper time.

The distribution of this product is difficult to figure out. I haven't seen any in Indiana. It sounds like it is fairly scarce in Kentucky. Yet, it is plentiful in other locations. Do people in NH drink more bourbon than people in Kentucky or Indiana...?

No they do not. That's why there are 15 bottle of ECBP still on the shelves.

I've now special ordered this from 3 stores and haven't heard back (for bottle #2 or 3 or 4 so don't feel too bad). I was spoiled by getting my first one in two days (on a Sunday no less!). I'm hoping to get a few more of batch one before batch two becomes the norm.

• 2 weeks later...
I've now special ordered this from 3 stores and haven't heard back (for bottle #2 or 3 or 4 so don't feel too bad). I was spoiled by getting my first one in two days (on a Sunday no less!). I'm hoping to get a few more of batch one before batch two becomes the norm.
I also ordered from 3 stores (two corporate chains and 1 mom & pop store). The mom & pop store finally came through for me last week.

I also ordered from 3 stores (two corporate chains and 1 mom & pop store). The mom & pop store finally came through for me last week.

Cracked it yet? If so, how do you like it?

This weekend we opened the ECBP and a straight EC12. Wow - the spice in the BP overshadowed the underlying flavor. An ice cube or two mellowed it right out and after that it went down smoothly. The straight 12yo was clearly in the same family, less intense. A couple of Hondurans completed the evening. We now have another label to add to the inventory. At least the 12yo is readily available.

I'm starting to get antsy here. I was really hoping to get one more bottle of batch 1 before batch 2 makes it way here. I figured out of the 3 stores I talked to, one would come through. We're going on 2-4 weeks with the first and last bottles I found. :(

Stopped into a liquor store I never been to today but just noticed on the way to pick up some golf balls. Not expecting much but they had some ECBP 134.2 (batch 1?) so I picked that up for $49 and a bottle of the Colonel Taylor Barrel Proof 134.5, which I have not seen either in the 5-10 stores I frequent most.

Anyone have comparisons for them? Can't wait to have a taste later tonight.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.