What bourbon are you drinking in Australia? - Summer 2013

Stones
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Last night I had a WT101 old fashioned with a big ass batch of blue swimmer singapore chilli crab before I went shark fishing, sipped some GD12 out of the flask, cold night, only on small shark enough for a few feeds

Now im having a couple FR yellow label and cokes after a sleep in and a few hours of market and booze shopping, cooking up a 4kg roast pork, might take a nap before company arrives, man I love the weekend!

Last night I had a WT101 old fashioned with a big ass batch of blue swimmer singapore chilli crab before I went shark fishing, sipped some GD12 out of the flask, cold night, only on small shark enough for a few feeds

Now im having a couple FR yellow label and cokes after a sleep in and a few hours of market and booze shopping, cooking up a 4kg roast pork, might take a nap before company arrives, man I love the weekend!

M46. When I first tried it a few months ago, it didn't really do much for me. Was not bad, but nothing that went bang either. But now, I am on my second glass and actually really loving it.

On a unrelated note, came home on Friday night to the house having been broken into. Broke in through the back door, right where I keep the bar trolley. Couple of grand of alcohol and the only thing they took from there? White Label Beam and a Jack Daniels. Thank the stars for tasteless thieves.

M46. When I first tried it a few months ago, it didn't really do much for me. Was not bad, but nothing that went bang either. But now, I am on my second glass and actually really loving it.

On a unrelated note, came home on Friday night to the house having been broken into. Broke in through the back door, right where I keep the bar trolley. Couple of grand of alcohol and the only thing they took from there? White Label Beam and a Jack Daniels. Thank the stars for tasteless thieves.

Bogans will be bogans

Shit day at work. Hit the gym, knocked back two pints when I got home and am now enjoying a glass of Bakers before bed.

knocked back two pints when I got home and am now enjoying a glass of Bakers before bed.

either you measure things differently down there, or you're already pickled. 2 pints?!

either you measure things differently down there, or you're already pickled. 2 pints?!

Imagine he meant two pints of beer. But to each his own.

Too bad Vietish, hope that was all the damage done. One of my clients had their vehicle broken into because there was a six pack of beer visible in one of the plastic grocery bags on the back seat. A six pack of imported beer is all the thief took, you know, the ones that don't have twist off tops. The police found the thief in a local park trying to open a bottle of beer with a rock.

Reminds me a mate whos car was broken into a few years ago, the thief bypased the $10 note in the ashtray and took the 4 or 5 minties in the ashtray instead (chewy mint)

I think the cop taking the report actually said "its moments like these you need mintiez"

Sorry to hear about the break in Vietish, hope that they didn't take anything of value.

Last night I started with a pour of Knobs Creek Single Barrel (it is still not doing it for me, maybe I have a dud bottle). I followed with pours of Evan Wiliams Single Barrel 2003 and Bulleit 10 year old. The best for my taste last night was the Evan Williams followed by the Bulleit with the Knobs Creek a distant third (I hope it starts tasting better with some time).

Tonight I will give the Makers 46 a go.

Yeh I agree with this, it seems to amplify all the stuff I dont like about beams unique taste.

Tonight im having some bulleit 10yr which I am enjoying, after this Im not sure, I had a few glasses of red with dinner so I might not need anything else

I have been liking the Bulleit 10 year old. Had a few pours of Evan Williams Single Barrel 2002, like it a lot. It is the last bottle I picked up at First Choice for $48. I have seen it in other stores recently for between $85-$110 bottle, don't think I like it that much to buy it at that price. I have also been drinking some George Dickle 12 - it is growing on me.

Just bought a bottle of Four Roses small batch. Picked it over the Bulliet 10.

Just bought a bottle of Four Roses small batch. Picked it over the Bulliet 10.

Really loving this bourbon! Haven't tried the Bulleit 10, where do you get this from? Im finding that I really enjoy a lot of small batched bourbons, Four Roses, Knob Creek, CEHT being the best, but enjoy the Single barrels for some reason don't give me the same enjoyment. Maybe its the consistency I like, and the Single Barrels can vary a lot. Im not a big fan of heavy oak flavours also

Really loving this bourbon! Haven't tried the Bulleit 10, where do you get this from? Im finding that I really enjoy a lot of small batched bourbons, Four Roses, Knob Creek, CEHT being the best, but enjoy the Single barrels for some reason don't give me the same enjoyment. Maybe its the consistency I like, and the Single Barrels can vary a lot. Im not a big fan of heavy oak flavours also

Got it at Nicks for $79.99. Will open this evening. Bulliet 10 was around $65 from memory - also at Nicks.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.