What bourbon are you drinking in Australia? - Summer 2013

Stones
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

One glass of the FR small batch - tastes a bit different from the single barrel FR I had. Too light for me at this time of night, so pulled out the Blantons (again).

Had some Dickel 12 last night, followed by a supperb pour of HHSS Barrel Select.

Forgot to mention, I tried some High West Rendevous Rye while at dinner on Friday night... Amazing stuff. Soft butter-caramel feel which supprised me for a Rye. I think I'll spring the $100 for a bottle from Nicks soon.

Had a craving for Larceny the past week though not prepared to shell out the $125 for a standard bottle. Crazy.

Not happy with my everyday drink going missing too (Evan Williams Black). Anyone ordered from HH NZ? Thinking of getting some handles sent over. I heard HH have a new distributor over here, but it doesn't seem EW Black is available anywhere. Some Coles still have Virgin, might need to grab them as well.

Forgot to mention, I tried some High West Rendevous Rye while at dinner on Friday night... Amazing stuff. Soft butter-caramel feel which supprised me for a Rye. I think I'll spring the $100 for a bottle from Nicks soon.

Hey Cam, there is a bottle of Rendezvous Rye sitting on the shelf at Queens Plaza, on special at $95. They had 2 bottles, but I grabbed one for myself, as I have been on a bit of a rye kick lately.

Thanks for the heads up! I'm almost tempted to walk down at lunch and grab it, but am waiting to see if I have a lead on a Bookers 25th first..... plus, I hate the walk back up the hill to work :D

Go on, do it.. what's the worst that could happen? - you end up with both the Bookers and the High West :lol:

The exercise will do you good anyway.

How's that for enabling encouragement :grin:

There are still plenty of Evan Williams Black in the few bottle shops I went to on the weekend, full rows of them.

Was going to grab one, but chose to treat the GF to some Ardbeg instead.

There are still plenty of Evan Williams Black in the few bottle shops I went to on the weekend, full rows of them.

Was going to grab one, but chose to treat the GF to some Ardbeg instead.

Liquorland or First Choice?

Vintage actually.

Ah ok. I love the stuff, the best cheap bourbon bar none. Might try a couple of Vintage stores around Melbourne this weekend.

Ah ok. I love the stuff, the best cheap bourbon bar none. Might try a couple of Vintage stores around Melbourne this weekend.

Man you have me itching to try it, I never tried it and havent been able to find it since I first saw you mention it, whats you go to cheapie these days?

I had some BT 90 proof recently and it is amazing how much different it is. My daily is either WT101 or GD12.

My local has got EC12 back in stock so I picked up a couple and opened one tonight, following it with the last of my LotB, almost glad its gone, the second half of this bottle turned my mind, it was only open a few months too, maybe I would buy it again if I could find it for EC12 prices, but at $120 or more it aint worth it

I had some BT 90 proof recently and it is amazing how much different it is. My daily is either WT101 or GD12.

My local has got EC12 back in stock so I picked up a couple and opened one tonight, following it with the last of my LotB, almost glad its gone, the second half of this bottle turned my mind, it was only open a few months too, maybe I would buy it again if I could find it for EC12 prices, but at $120 or more it aint worth it

Can still get BT 90 in town (375 mil bottles). Need to stock up.

I definitely would, if you feel like sharing the location I wont stop you!

I'm rather impressed with the selection of Bourbon you guys have in OZ, up here in TW the pickings are slim. Your prices though... I pay a tad over US prices for what I can get. I supposed you can't have it all; that is, unless you live in a "wet" county in KY!

Greatly appreciated! I only want a couple so I wont be greedy. FYI Acland cellars have got FR yellow 1litres for $65 atm, and I know of a joint nearby that has plenty of JBB 86proof if youre interested...oh yeh and another joint I know has some JB bonded 'dusties' at the current price

All I can say for sure is that they have had the stock for atleast the last three years, its the old style bottle at the old full proof, when did it change? The same store also had a bunch of WT101 8 yr before I cleaned it out over a 6 month period...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.