What bourbon are you drinking summer 2021?

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

7 hours ago, Kepler said:

More JB Distiller's Cut tonight. 

I purchased almost every bottle of this that I saw when it was released...and have drank them all. Good stuff. Really hope they keep it going with another release.

• I like it 1

It was a beautiful cool evening, so a great night for the patio. It was a wheater sort of night, in order: Larceny PS, MM101, MM blend, and MMCS. The 101 was the star of the evening.

• I like it 1

Convinced several coworkers to meet up at Poison Girl a bourbon bar here in Houston with a great of bourbon and good pricing compared to other bars. 

Had 1792 high rye, been wanting to try it for a while and it’s indeed very good.

Had a 4R SB pick, OBSV.  It was ok but nothing special.

Had RR 13 year barrel proof.  This is excellent, like a really good RR pick.  Not worth the hype but what is these days.

Tried my coworkers Weller Full Proof.  Didn’t think it was good as most Antique I’ve had.

• I like it 1

A belated post of my celebrating my Bolts winning a second straight Stanley Cup. 

(Damn, playoff hockey is so bad ass!)

20210710_193921.jpg

• I like it 4

UFC prelims on the screen, and Stagg Jr. b.15 in the glass. It has been another long Saturday with a trail race early this morning.   This is a good pour to relax with before the fun fights start. 

• I like it 2

My wife is "making" me watch the ESPYs.  I wanted to watch Jaws.  The ESPYs are so boring, I can't wait for the new Hallmark Christmas in July movie at 9 pm.  At least, by then, I will be on my second pour.

My first pour was a small pour of FRSmB Select to empty the bottle.  

• I like it 4

23 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

My wife is "making" me watch the ESPYs.  I wanted to watch Jaws.  The ESPYs are so boring, I can't wait for the new Hallmark Christmas in July movie at 9 pm.  At least, by then, I will be on my second pour.

My first pour was a small pour of FRSmB Select to empty the bottle.  

Hallmark huh? Crashing Through The Snow? 😉

• I like it 1

23 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Hallmark huh? Crashing Through The Snow? 😉

Unfortunately, I am lost on the plot.  I might need another pour to clear my mind and focus my attention.

• I like it 1

We've been getting on and off rain almost every day lately.  It makes the mowing problematic.  Lucky for me the stars aligned and I had no rain while my son was at church camp Friday.  This meant I got to mow a huge back yard at a marathon pace (with my back up corded electric). 😫 I was feeling it today.  Good news is I got her done, and got a call Friday.  My main mower that went in for warranty work is being replaced.  Rather than fix it, they are sending me a whole brand new mower.

Celebrating with EW B.I.B.  It's one of the better bottom shelf pours.

• I like it 1

OESQ in the glass.  This one sometimes tastes more like a barely legal Rye than a bourbon.

Opened up with a couple of pours of HMcK10. Very nice. 

Onto ECBP 136.0. Always a winner. Super Bourbon. 

Cheers 

• I like it 1

On 7/9/2021 at 6:26 PM, smokinjoe said:

Considering this was a short week, it sure wasn’t without action.  I work with a lot of product which we import.  The ocean freight situation is a total nuclear fueled dumpster fire.  Business is very good for us, but the challenges are immense.  Soooo, picked up a KC 9 yr to help take the edge off.  Sipping now...screw it, who am I kidding...gulping this whiskey and it’s doing its magic...🤪. Big notice here, is that the wax pull tab pulled away clean and clear.  And, the cork exited without the need of Vicegrips...

Feeling better already!  😁

Last night I opened my just purchased KCSiB and what do you know, the wax came off clean.

Oh yikes this is quite good, especially for the price.  Recent bottling of the EW1783 was not good and a step down from EWB.  I like this new 90 proof, hopefully aged slightly more over EWB, EWBIB and for me Elijah Craig.

021158D0-87FD-4445-B6F0-DD45327181D3.jpeg

• I like it 1

This Knob Creek is absolutely delicious today.   I don't know if the open bottle has mellowed to its sweet spot or what but I don't remember it being this good in the past.   I'm tempted to throw caution to the wind and finish the bottle.

IMG_3446.thumb.jpg.67e0e9bad869f67759ecdf7826bf325d.jpg

• I like it 3

We just finished replacing the ceiling fan in our bedroom.  Sitting down to a nice pour of 2019 GTS as a reward.

• I like it 2

4 hours ago, scratchline said:

This Knob Creek is absolutely delicious today.   I don't know if the open bottle has mellowed to its sweet spot or what but I don't remember it being this good in the past.   I'm tempted to throw caution to the wind and finish the bottle.

IMG_3446.thumb.jpg.67e0e9bad869f67759ecdf7826bf325d.jpg

I hope this bottle has hit the recycle bin by now.  

The Commonwealth of Kentucky became a state on June 1, 1792.  To celebrate its 2,007,021 hours of existence as the 15th state (as of 9 PM ET on July 11), I am having a couple of pours of 1792 Single Barrel. 

The state and its many great heritages including bourbon, horse racing, Louisville Slugger Baseball Bats, Daniel Boone, and Kentucky Fried Chicken, to name a few, are so good, I might just have another to celebrate the occasion!

Edited by mbroo5880i
  • I like it 2

21 hours ago, Kepler said:

OESQ in the glass.  This one sometimes tastes more like a barely legal Rye than a bourbon.

Need to bring you some Bourbon Crusaders OESQ. Not at all like that. 

• I like it 1

7 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Oh yikes this is quite good, especially for the price.  Recent bottling of the EW1783 was not good and a step down from EWB.  I like this new 90 proof, hopefully aged slightly more over EWB, EWBIB and for me Elijah Craig.

021158D0-87FD-4445-B6F0-DD45327181D3.jpeg

I've become a big fan of that lately.  HH website says 6 - 8 year old barrels.  I hope they keep it up.

• I like it 1

17 minutes ago, PaulO said:

I've become a big fan of that lately.  HH website says 6 - 8 year old barrels.  I hope they keep it up.

Oh wow yeah, they keep that up and it’s a shelf staple.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.