What bourbon are you drinking summer 2021?

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 7/11/2021 at 9:16 PM, flahute said:

Need to bring you some Bourbon Crusaders OESQ. Not at all like that. 

Bring it! 😀

I think this might be my 2nd OESQ if I'm not wrong and I don't recall the other one being like this either.

5 minutes ago, Kepler said:

OF1870.  This bottle has been meh.

For how great 1910 and 1920 are, the slight increase in quality of 1870 and 1897 over the standard OF100 aren’t worth paying nearly double the price to me.

Enjoying a 10 year old SP Elijah Craig Small Batch

• I like it 1

5 minutes ago, webfoots said:

For how great 1910 and 1920 are, the slight increase in quality of 1870 and 1897 over the standard OF100 aren’t worth paying nearly double the price to me.

Agreed.  I won't be replacing this 1870.  I don't particularly care for the 1910 but I love that 1920.

• I like it 1

finishing a statesman. Not much value for me.  i much prefer the OF100. BF not my favorite profile though, despite the excellent JD sbbp and OF1920.

• I like it 1

Yard work tonight. 🥵 I did the trimming and my wife mowed the lawn. I also realigned and leveled our decorative fence next to the house. Plants were watered, and our bird baths cleaned. On the back patio with a pour of my 2021 Weller Blend. Feels good. ☺️

Biba! Joe

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

FBE6671A-5F65-4DF4-B62A-7A227644348F.jpeg

• I like it 10

On the HH website, tasting notes for 1783 include buttery.  I do get that in a good way.  The EW B.I.B. I had recently was OK, not bad.  This is definitely better to me.

It’s finally a comfortable night to have a drink on the back deck watching the sun set after a week of unusually hot nights in the Sierra foothills.

JD SBBP ~130 proof with a huge ice ball in a double rocks glass. Even chilled with a little dilution it still hammers away at the palate with banana bread flavors.

• I like it 2

In honor of someone daring to post a dual bottle purchase of my favorite bourbon, I decided a small pour of the almost empty bottle of 2019 CEHT BP would be a great way to end this hump day.

• I like it 3

Minor setback after work today. I had a guy coming to install a new central air unit, but due to rain, we rescheduled for tomorrow. The good news is that it’s cleared up for now, so I’m on the back patio and climbing the MM ladder. I had a small pour of MM to start off. MM 46 is in the glass now. Next up MM 101???  Hey, ya gotta make the most of things. 😁

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

I’m starting to finally move back into my home after the hurricane. My son and his friends moved a lot of my bourbon back into my office. When I walked in I just couldn’t resist a pour of WTMK 17y.  Soooooo good.  
A588ACEC-77E2-479F-B97A-6F4C2E8D334D.thumb.jpeg.f9120af420fbb43a5bf6835330c9dd7f.jpeg

• I like it 12

Like a good Oreo cookie, I sandwiched a couple good pours of RR10, one before, one after dinner, between 2 bottles of Yuengling with dinner..

• I like it 1

On 7/13/2021 at 8:27 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

On the back patio with a pour of my 2021 Weller Blend.

The Invisible Man??

• I like it 1

Tonight's jazz listening is accompanied by Belle Meade Cask Strength Reserve,  proofed down to 95 or so.     This takes water so well!    The vanilla notes just open up like the petals of a rose.   

• I like it 4

11 hours ago, Radioyada said:

In honor of someone daring to post a dual bottle purchase of my favorite bourbon, I decided a small pour of the almost empty bottle of 2019 CEHT BP would be a great way to end this hump day.

Hey, I'd rather be lucky than good! 😊

But life is a zero-sum game sometimes:

29100.jpeg

A recovery room pic yesterday afternoon after day-surgery for a total knee replacement. The worst thing  is no bourbon for the pain. And the really cute nurse told me "ice is your friend"!  😋

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 10

28 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

29100.jpeg

A recovery room pic yesterday afternoon after day-surgery for a total knee replacement. The worst thing  is no bourbon for the pain. And the really cute nurse told me "ice is your friend"!  😋

I hope your recovery goes well, Frank!

• I like it 1

40 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

29100.jpeg

No bourbon for pain? Its a conumdrum you're in since its a pain to have no bourbon! Hoping for your quick recovery.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, GeeTen said:

29100.jpeg

You must listen to those really cute nurses, as they know what they are talking about. I am wishing you a fast and easy recovery. 

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, GeeTen said:

29100.jpeg

Hoping for a speedy recovery!

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, GeeTen said:

29100.jpeg

Perhaps you can move your bed into the bunker so that the bottles don't get lonely.

• I like it 1

9 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Best of luck with the recovery, I hope you have a good 'knees up' when its all over! 

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.