What Did You Pass Up Today? Spring '13

MyOldKyDram
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Passed on JPS21. Pretty neat to see it out but at $200/bottle (what this store is asking) not very inticed to get one.

Passed on a few JPS 21s @$130.00, 2011/2012 THH $99.99, Whistle Pig 111 $135.00, PHC 2012 4th batch $85.00

I passed on several JPS 21's as well this week. Most of those were priced around $122, so not as bad as other places, but I will still pass.

Passed on the full VW line tonight minus the Rye. The 10 yr was $229.99 and the price ran up to 399.99 for the 23. Also passed on the full 2012 BTAC for $189 each and baby Saz for $149... Really don't know how I resisted??

Passed on the full VW line tonight minus the Rye. The 10 yr was $229.99 and the price ran up to 399.99 for the 23. Also passed on the full 2012 BTAC for $189 each and baby Saz for $149... Really don't know how I resisted??

So as crazy as all of those are... Baby Saz for $149? For real? Goodness.

Yeesh.

I don't even know if it's fair to call that "passing"

More like a litmus test for your sanity...

Passed on some Jefferson's Reserve that was on sale for $30 from $50. Although the bottle has no age statement it was a store selection and their signs say it's 15 years old. That's quite a deal if true but I still didn't take the risk. Anyone have a store selection of this stuff?

Passed on some Jefferson's Reserve that was on sale for $30 from $50. Although the bottle has no age statement it was a store selection and their signs say it's 15 years old. That's quite a deal if true but I still didn't take the risk. Anyone have a store selection of this stuff?

I've been passing on this every time I visit Hi Time, though it's very tempting. Don't recall it being a store selection though. I'll probably grab it next time make the trek up there.

So as crazy as all of those are... Baby Saz for $149? For real? Goodness.

That was the price that had me laughing, oh well another bourbon experience down as I have never seen price gouging like that before...

I've been passing on this every time I visit Hi Time, though it's very tempting. Don't recall it being a store selection though. I'll probably grab it next time make the trek up there.

Their sticker is on the side of the bottle. I'm curious because I thought this is normally a blend and if that's so, what did they select? And who would sell 15yo bourbon for $30 these days? I should have asked them about it but I was in a hurry.

Their sticker is on the side of the bottle. I'm curious because I thought this is normally a blend and if that's so, what did they select? And who would sell 15yo bourbon for $30 these days? I should have asked them about it but I was in a hurry.

They also have a Hi Time selected Elijah Craig Small Batch that made me wonder that same thing. If it's not a single barrel then what are they selecting? Different barrel blends?

passed on

4 roses 2009 LE single barrel (x6)

phc cognac finished (x3)

hirsch selections 25 year rye

I know some people were looking for these in the past, but I couldn't find the posts

Edited by skidfive

Passed up PHC 2012 131.6 today and the last several times I've been to the local store. Just can't seem to bring myself to spend $80 on a single bottle. There are still several on the shelf and don't seem to be going anywhere so if they sit long enough, they'll break me down and make me buy one.

I not an $80 whiskey buyer either and I bought 3. When you compare proof to some others it helps justify it a bit more. I would buy another if the 131.6's if I came across one.

Mike

Hirsch 25 bourbon $239, lot B 99.99, Ritt 25 $199, too many THH to count all near MSRP, EC 18 $79.99

WT Tradition @ $110

WT American Spirit @ $90

Whistlepig 11yr @ $112

And only because of the GBS selection coming up, ETL on an amazing sale for $20

(although if I lose any sleep tonight on he ETL, going back tomorrow to get one . . . JUST one . . . ) :lol:

PVW 23 for $699.00 hahaha

I think I would have to pass that up too. Especially, since I have 2 of those in the bunker.

Passed on the Vintage 23 yr Rye and the Willett Family 25 yr Rye's at their gift shop. I'd love to try them both, but at $230 and $250, I have to pass. Passed on most of the HH gift shop stuff as well, pricey stuff. I think it is a bit crappy they have stacks of the EWBP in the gift shop at $80, when they are releasing them for $40 around the states in a limited offering. I understand a limited mark up to not piss off the local stores, but not double. Oh well, not going to lose any sleep over it, spent my money elsewhere.

I passed up a dozen or so bottles of Weller Special Reserve with the 7 yr. age statement and the old label from around 2006. The owner said he was probably going to have to close shop permanently...better get it while the get'nz good! Luso Liquor.

Passed up several bottles of WTRB batch 01-97. They look like they have been sitting there for a while. Is 97 the bottled date, should I have picked some up?

Buy the WT if the price is right, the newer version is going to be a bit different.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!